The Student Room Group

18 doing a foundation year??

So I'm currently an A level student, finishing my 13th year at at school. I get poor grades, so my guidance counselor suggested me to apply for a course with a foundation year. I'm 18 at the moment and will be graduating when I'm 19, so if I'll do the foundation course that means I will actually start my Bachelors degree when I'm like 20. Also I know a girl who is like 16 and she's applying for a foundation course. I will hopefully begin the foundation degree this September when I'm 19. This is a really silly question but I have an irrational fear of being the oldest on my course. Is this the case? How old are people doing foundation courses usually? Help!
Reply 1
Cmon you can't just give up like that, there's always resits you can do. You got 5 monthsish until your exams, it's your last chance. Any reason you cant work your ass of for the upcoming months to get into a decent uni?. Heck doing foundation year shouldn't even be on your mind at this point. You know you can do better man, don't regret it at results day! ( I feel like i'm patronizing you since I don't know your situation lol)
Original post by m-orrison
So I'm currently an A level student, finishing my 13th year at at school. I get poor grades, so my guidance counselor suggested me to apply for a course with a foundation year. I'm 18 at the moment and will be graduating when I'm 19, so if I'll do the foundation course that means I will actually start my Bachelors degree when I'm like 20. Also I know a girl who is like 16 and she's applying for a foundation course. I will hopefully begin the foundation degree this September when I'm 19. This is a really silly question but I have an irrational fear of being the oldest on my course. Is this the case? How old are people doing foundation courses usually? Help!

Lots of mature students do foundation courses, so you won't be the oldest. It's unusal for there to be anyone under the age of 18 on these courses, so you're more likely to be one of the youngest!
I have a list of student's age at foundation course (one of UK''s uni), ranging from 17 t 24 (Don't ask me how I get it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending