The Student Room Group

Am I too small?

I'm quite amazed over the recent years at how many girls are actually taller than me. I'm 5'7" (171cm to be exact), do I 'stand a chance'?

Scroll to see replies

Well the average height for a woman is 5ft 7 soo... i have to admit you might struggle a bit. However, play by your strengths and you should be good
Yes of course! Most girls are under 5'7" so I don't see why not. A lot of my mates are smaller than me by a fair bit (I'm 6'2") and there all doing fine for girls
Original post by Artur96
I'm quite amazed over the recent years at how many girls are actually taller than me. I'm 5'7" (171cm to be exact), do I 'stand a chance'?

I think you do! I myself am 177 and a girl, however 70% of the girl I know are smaller than 170! And size doesn't play too much of a role, it's about the personality! And if it matters to you, plus minus 4 cm won't be noticeable! :biggrin:
Some of the most attractive, romantically successful guys I've ever met were "short". It's just a matter of perception - a lot of guys end up using their height as a crutch, like good-looking people who end up playing on the "halo effect".

If you consider yourself at a disadvantage, consider it a great excuse to work on your other characteristics, and remember that physical appearance is only a tiny percentage of that thing we call "attraction".
Reply 5
Unfortunately as much as other people sugar coat it, you are at a disadvantage.

You are not too small but as women want a man that is the most 'alpha', meaning the ones that are leaders, being short is something that opposes that ideal.
You will have a harder time creating attraction but all you can/have to do it try a little harder than the average 6ft+ guy (if personalities are the same).
Reply 6
I'm 172 :tongue: and I think I know like 5 girls taller than me?
Don't worry guys grow until their mid 20's. I for ex stopped at 14.
Reply 7
Original post by iAmanze

You are not too small but as women want a man that is the most 'alpha', meaning the ones that are leaders, being short is something that opposes that ideal.

Tell that to Hitler, Stalin, Putin and well, most of the world leaders today are below 6 ft.... So you were saying?
Reply 8
the average height for a woman is 5'4
oh for god's sake...
I'm 5'6; do you see *me* whining about my height?
I'm the same height and I've got most girls I've met to fall for me regardless of how tall they were. I think it's because I'm quite charismatic but who knows.
Tbh you have a lot of short girls so no,you aren't at a disadvantage.
Reply 12
start lifting and make up for it
Original post by Zander01
Tell that to Hitler, Stalin, Putin and well, most of the world leaders today are below 6 ft.... So you were saying?

Ridiculous. The mere fact I am replying, should make you feel privileged.

Now, put the idea across that women instinctively feel that the taller the guy the higher probability that they are a leader (these is called alpha these days).
I don't give an xy or z if there are small leaders, means nothing to my message at all. The degree of stupidity and ignorance in your mentally challenged response perplexes me to new levels.
Original post by iAmanze

Now, put the idea across that women instinctively feel that the taller the guy the higher probability that they are a leader (these is called alpha these days).
I don't give an xy or z if there are small leaders, means nothing to my message at all. The degree of stupidity and ignorance in your mentally challenged response perplexes me to new levels.

Oh shut up. You wouldn't know what an alpha was if it was taking you up the arse.

*Claims that tall people are more likely to be leaders*

*Gets proven spectacularly wrong considering most of the people who run the entire world aren't tall what so ever.*

*Rebuttals with absolute nonsense which makes no sense*.

You still haven't proven at all how tall people are more 'alpha' (which is a ridiculous concept in modern society anyway).

How come most of the 'alpha' action heroes are under 6 ft?

I'll tell you why. Being 'alpha' has nothing to do with height, or size. It means you have the confidence and ability to lead. Which I assume you know nothing about.
Original post by Zander01
Oh shut up. You wouldn't know what an alpha was if it was taking you up the arse.

*Claims that tall people are more likely to be leaders*

*Gets proven spectacularly wrong considering most of the people who run the entire world aren't tall what so ever.*

*Rebuttals with absolute nonsense which makes no sense*.

You still haven't proven at all how tall people are more 'alpha' (which is a ridiculous concept in modern society anyway).

How come most of the 'alpha' action heroes are under 6 ft?

I'll tell you why. Being 'alpha' has nothing to do with height, or size. It means you have the confidence and ability to lead. Which I assume you know nothing about.

*sigh* people like you that intercept good advice and insert nonsense are not worth my time nor anyone elses, to be perfectly blunt.

You're dismissed.
Reply 16
Original post by iAmanze

Comments like these make me instinctively look for a neg button

Zahid is 100% true
Original post by iAmanze
*sigh* people like you that intercept good advice and insert nonsense are not worth my time nor anyone elses, to be perfectly blunt.

You're dismissed.

Sorry, where was this groundbreaking advice you supposedly gave?

I just find it ironic that someone who displays no characteristics of the perceived 'alpha', is attempting to give other people advice on how to do so :rofl: So don't take it personally.
Original post by chukster97
Well the average height for a woman is 5ft 7 soo... i have to admit you might struggle a bit. However, play by your strengths and you should be good

No its not. The average height for a woman is 5ft4!

A woman at 5ft7 is 90th percentile for height...
5ft7 really isn't too bad OP don't worry bruh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending