The Student Room Group

How long did you wait before saying 'I love you'?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Erm... Ten minutes? :confused:
I think it's a bit childish to put a time frame on saying it. I think it should be said when it's felt. Whether that's after a day, a month or a year. It could be said after a year and not meant, similarly it could be said within a day and be 100% genuine.

Me and my boyfriend personally said it early, it wasn't a big deal. When he said it, I wasn't like 'omg' and all amazed by it.

At the end of the day, they're just words. I'd rather forget about the words being said and focus on the actions being done.
Guys always say they love me but I don't buy it.
well I'm an example of when new boyfriend had said it before hanging up the phone.
I'm quite cautious, but I feel that the relationship had started quite fast. but I did e same thing as he did.:cool:
Original post by Vestal Priestess
Guys always say they love me but I don't buy it.

If that's you in your dp I don't blame them... I love you
Original post by Anonymous
If that's you in your dp I don't blame them... I love you

adriana lima is the girl in my avatar.

:frown:
Mine said it the first time I went round to his house, about 1 week in. :rofl: :love:
Reply 27
Is it weird that I don't remember how long it took me to say I love you in my last relationship? I remember spending a few months saying 'I love poo' to each other as some kind of cryptic 'I love you but don't want to sound lame but I want you to know so.. I love poo.' thing. Think we eased ourselves into it?

Ah the joys of falling in lurv.
Original post by Vestal Priestess
adriana lima is the girl in my avatar.

:frown:

Googled...

... confirmed.

Sorry :colondollar: I'm sure you're very pretty too to have so many boys fall in love with you
Reply 29
Original post by cazzalea
Is it weird that I don't remember how long it took me to say I love you in my last relationship? I remember spending a few months saying 'I love poo' to each other as some kind of cryptic 'I love you but don't want to sound lame but I want you to know so.. I love poo.' thing. Think we eased ourselves into it?

That is strangely adorable... what if your partner didn't get it and thought that you were actually confessing some sort of odd fetish?

Maybe they did and still do to this day!
Said it to my Ex about a year since we'd first started seeing each other but only about 3/4 months after we'd been properly going out. She said it back to me a few days later. Unfortunately we broke up not long after but I still feel the same way about her now
Original post by Harpoon
Said it to my Ex about a year since we'd first started seeing each other but only about 3/4 months after we'd been properly going out. She said it back to me a few days later. Unfortunately we broke up not long after but I still feel the same way about her now

Ah I know them feels bro :frown:
I said it about a month in but we'd been in the same friendship group for about a year before that and I'd liked him for a few months prior to when we became an item. I was ridiculously drunk but I did mean it and we're still together four years later, give or take.
I had only met my love for two weeks, but we'd been hanging out together since. We aren't serious just yet. Give it time. it'll come natually
9 months of seeing each other, 7 odd years of crushing. Went to **** within 3 months.
you don't wait, you say it when you know
within a month as i was going to Paris and wouldn't see him for a week :cry2: :france: But he said it back! so it's all good :kiss2:
My boyfriend said it after just under a month. I said it about a month later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
4/5 months can't remember exactly and still going strong 3 years later :h:
Original post by soanonymous
I think it's a bit childish to put a time frame on saying it. I think it should be said when it's felt. Whether that's after a day, a month or a year. It could be said after a year and not meant, similarly it could be said within a day and be 100% genuine.

Me and my boyfriend personally said it early, it wasn't a big deal. When he said it, I wasn't like 'omg' and all amazed by it.

At the end of the day, they're just words. I'd rather forget about the words being said and focus on the actions being done.

:ditto:

I think a lot of people can be really patronising about the l word, telling others whether or not they are 'allowed' to feel love by a certain point. Lame. You feel what you feel and there's a difficult distinction between infatuation and love. I think it's up to the person involved to make that distinction and decide when THEY feel they are 'in love'. :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending