The Student Room Group
Campus, St Mary's University College, Twickenham
St Mary's University, Twickenham
Twickenham

Primary education with QTS

Hello,
I've been offered an interview for primary education on 28th january and was wondering what to expect from the whole day, ive heard mention of a maths test on previous years however this is not on the email, any advice from anyone who has gone through the process would be appreciated!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I have had my interview and have been accepted. The day is full on but the people are lovely. First you have a welcome talk followed by a small written task, mine was writing a page about whether I like ofsted examinations or not. The you have a tour and after Lunch have a group and singular interview. During the group interview your group of about 4 is given a question to answer and then you present your findings. You then have a relaxed single interview. Hope this helps ! Good luck :smile:
Campus, St Mary's University College, Twickenham
St Mary's University, Twickenham
Twickenham
Original post by Jess97C
Hi, I have had my interview and have been accepted. The day is full on but the people are lovely. First you have a welcome talk followed by a small written task, mine was writing a page about whether I like ofsted examinations or not. The you have a tour and after Lunch have a group and singular interview. During the group interview your group of about 4 is given a question to answer and then you present your findings. You then have a relaxed single interview. Hope this helps ! Good luck :smile:

Thankyou that is really helpful, I'm so nervous haha I have my interview on the 28th! Haha
Original post by Charissutton123
Thankyou that is really helpful, I'm so nervous haha I have my interview on the 28th! Haha

Also what sort of thing would you reccomend to wear?
Reply 4
Erm well I wore a smart dress and blazer and most other people were in smart business type clothes. Try not to be too nervous everyone is lovely and makes you feel comfortable.

Where else have you applied for?
Original post by Jess97C
Erm well I wore a smart dress and blazer and most other people were in smart business type clothes. Try not to be too nervous everyone is lovely and makes you feel comfortable.

Where else have you applied for?

I've applied to winchester and canterbury and here, what about you?
Reply 6
Winchester, reading, Kingston, Gloucestershire and here.

I've had offers from all of them but I like here the most :smile:

Which one is your favourite?
Original post by Jess97C
Winchester, reading, Kingston, Gloucestershire and here.

I've had offers from all of them but I like here the most :smile:

Which one is your favourite?

I would say either twickenham or winchester are my favrioite :smile: x
Reply 8
Cool :smile: good luck ! Let me know if you get an offer from them :smile:
I got in! Thankyou for your all your help on what to expect!
Reply 10
[QUOTE="Charissutton123;53275511"]I got in! Thankyou for your all your help on what to expect![/QUOTE

Well done !!!!! :smile: are you going to make that one your firm ?
[QUOTE="Jess97C;53277511"]
I got in! Thankyou for your all your help on what to expect![/QUOTE

Well done !!!!! :smile: are you going to make that one your firm ?

Yes I have haha, have you? X
Reply 12
[QUOTE="Charissutton123;53286167"]
Original post by Jess97C

Yes I have haha, have you? X

Omg ! Yh I've made it my firm :smile: so if we get the right grades we'll be going to university together !!
[QUOTE="Jess97C;53288617"]

Omg ! Yh I've made it my firm :smile: so if we get the right grades we'll be going to university together !!

Yes!! Fingers crossed for the exams now! It so exciting
Reply 14
[QUOTE="Charissutton123;53288961"]
Original post by Jess97C

Yes!! Fingers crossed for the exams now! It so exciting

Ha yh I know ! :smile: it would be great if we could both go at least we'd know someone :smile: are you from London ?
[QUOTE="Jess97C;53289429"]

Ha yh I know ! :smile: it would be great if we could both go at least we'd know someone :smile: are you from London ?

Yeah it would be so good :smile:, and ni, bournemouth, you?
Reply 16
[QUOTE="Charissutton123;53293925"]
Original post by Jess97C

Yeah it would be so good :smile:, and ni, bournemouth, you?

Bournemouth !! Your joking ?? I live in Poole right next to Bournemouth ! :biggrin:
[QUOTE="Jess97C;53294455"]

Bournemouth !! Your joking ?? I live in Poole right next to Bournemouth ! :biggrin:

Omg that's mad!! My mums lives I hamworthy in poole!
Reply 18
[QUOTE="Charissutton123;53295357"]
Original post by Jess97C

Omg that's mad!! My mums lives I hamworthy in poole!

Haha this is so weird ! :smile: what school do you go to ? Are you going to the applicant day at Twickenham ?
[QUOTE="Jess97C;53295675"]

Haha this is so weird ! :smile: what school do you go to ? Are you going to the applicant day at Twickenham ?

It is! And I go to bournemouth college but I did go to lytchett , you? And I didn't know there was one haha, when is that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending