The Student Room Group

How romantic are you?

All relationships are different, but all relationships must have romance in there somewhere? it could be little things such bringing your loved one flowers or letting your other half relax whilst you cook them dinner.

How much of a romantic are you?

What romantic gestures have you done recently?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm extremely romantic. I'm all about sex and physical intimacy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Icebaker
I'm extremely romantic. I'm all about sex and physical intimacy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is romance just about sex and physical intimacy? Personally this is only a small proportion of the things couples do to be romantic.
It's the spontaneous/totally selfless acts of affection which I believe to be the most romantic. Like sending small gifts, not because you're obliged to or when a certain holiday tells you to :tongue: or randomly deciding to prepare breakfast in bed for that person. Just things that you don't necessarily have to do but you do anyway because you care for that person.
Reply 4
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
Is romance just about sex and physical intimacy? Personally this is only a small proportion of the things couples do to be romantic.

That's not correct. Romance is all about sex and physical intimacy, it's the only way to show someone how much you care about them and how much they mean to you. There is no other way, no substitute for sex. It's not a small proportion, it makes up 98 percent of what a relationship should be about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on my mood :lol:

Generally I think I am, and like romance back in return :h:
I'm not romantic. The more I like someone, the more hate I show.

I was hurt somewhere along the line... :moon:
I'm a hopeless romantic. I usually get gifts spontaneously or do something nice/carinf everyday when I'm usually with a partner. It's not always about the sex but I think intimacy plays a huge part.
I recently did something cute for a guy I like
I'd let her fetch my dinner when the football is on.
Very romantic :blush: :love:
Reply 10
I can't deal with anything remotely romantic, it makes me cringe
Original post by Vikki1805
I'm not romantic. The more I like someone, the more hate I show.

I was hurt somewhere along the line... :moon:

I don't really understand that. Is it like a conscious choice you make or can you not help it?
:blush: :love: I'm hopeless. :loveduck::rose::star::suith:
Original post by Kmb123
I can't deal with anything remotely romantic, it makes me cringe

*high five*
Original post by Icebaker
That's not correct. Romance is all about sex and physical intimacy, it's the only way to show someone how much you care about them and how much they mean to you. There is no other way, no substitute for sex. It's not a small proportion, it makes up 98 percent of what a relationship should be about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So by this logic people who have lots of casual sex can't for meaningful relationships?
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
All relationships are different, but all relationships must have romance in there somewhere? it could be little things such bringing your loved one flowers or letting your other half relax whilst you cook them dinner.

How much of a romantic are you?

What romantic gestures have you done recently?

Incredibly romantic, so romantic that I'm flying out to Abu Dhabi for Valentine's for a job interview and she's staying in London by herself and going to dinner by herself and being surprised by herself. I do a lot for her, I make sure that she's well looked after by herself :lol:

No romantic gestures have been made recently tbh, we fight a lot and well, I cba.
hopeless romantic too
Reply 17
I like romance. So long as it's involving me. If it's on TV I don't have time for it.
Incredibly romantic, soppy rom coms, tv couples...you name it. I love it all.

probably too romantic in all honesty. Is that even a thing? To be too romantic?
Reply 19
Original post by PillsIV
Incredibly romantic, soppy rom coms, tv couples...you name it. I love it all.

probably too romantic in all honesty. Is that even a thing? To be too romantic?

Often the romantic cliches are the best :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending