The Student Room Group

Sciences Po Paris undergrad admission 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have just applied to Reims :biggrin: I hope to get response in a few weeks because my first interview date is in March (London).

Just out of pure curiosity, how many pages were your applications?
Original post by mhelof
I have just applied to Reims :biggrin: I hope to get response in a few weeks because my first interview date is in March (London).

Just out of pure curiosity, how many pages were your applications?

Hey! How many pages was the essay? I have about 650 words, you? :smile:
Hey everyone, I'm applying to Sciences Po but am quite confused. Please help me with these problems
1) They ask for transcripts but I'm in my A2 year so I don't have certificate or anything. What should I send them?
2) What type of CV do they want? Is it similar to a work CV? Can I write it with bullet points?
These may sound dumb but please help me. Thanks so much!
Original post by thuphuong
Hey everyone, I'm applying to Sciences Po but am quite confused. Please help me with these problems
1) They ask for transcripts but I'm in my A2 year so I don't have certificate or anything. What should I send them?
2) What type of CV do they want? Is it similar to a work CV? Can I write it with bullet points?

Hi! I'm sorry, I can't answer your first question, I don't know what A2 is, I just sent them my grades for the 1st trimester this year, and grades from the 2 previous years.
Yes, the CV is work-cv format, you might want to add more info on extracurricular :smile:
Original post by Pravda12000
Hi! I'm sorry, I can't answer your first question, I don't know what A2 is, I just sent them my grades for the 1st trimester this year, and grades from the 2 previous years.
Yes, the CV is work-cv format, you might want to add more info on extracurricular :smile:

Thanks for the help. :biggrin:
Reply 25
Are many people in this page applying straight out of highschool?? Or are there many people who've taken a gap year and then come back to study? Please reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dbrin
Are many people in this page applying straight out of highschool?? Or are there many people who've taken a gap year and then come back to study? Please reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm straight out of high school, and you? :smile: Where are you from?
Reply 27
I applied for the SciencesPo / UBC dual degree and just got an interview today! I have to be in Paris in a week :O
Reply 28
I'm straight out of high school, and you? :smile: Where are you from?

Yeh straight out of high school. Sydney! Does anyone have any tips/ideas about the what will be in the interview or the structure??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dbrin
Yeh straight out of high school. Sydney! Does anyone have any tips/ideas about the what will be in the interview or the structure??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome:smile: I'm from prague but I have family in autstralia :smile: yeah the interview is 30 min.
First we have to sum up and give our opinion on an article for 10 min, then 10 min question time and the last 10 are usually questions about your cv and motivation :smile: at least thats what my teachers told me :smile:
Original post by hache
I applied for the SciencesPo / UBC dual degree and just got an interview today! I have to be in Paris in a week :O

Wow that's pretty short notice! Good luck, wish you the best:smile: let us know how it goes:smile:
My teach said the most important was to read articles on ny times and the economist, and to believe in yourself :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by dbrin

Posted from TSR Mobile

This link here details the interview :smile:

http://www.sciencespo.fr/admissions/en/content/undergraduate-international-procedure
Reply 32
I too have an interview for the Sciences Po and UBC Dual Degree! I wish everyone the best of luck and ask that you share your article, I will do the same!
I have applied for the UCL-Science Po Dual Degree!

Getting slightly nervous since I applied in Oct and haven't heard anything yet, apart from having to write an additional statement for Science-Po in Nov......

I initially wanted the Paris Campus but I am so busy I can in no way study to take C1 French right now, so I have applied for Dijon! :-)
Original post by thuphuong

Transcript is usually the American word for School Report! So they probably want your GCSE and AS Statement of Results/Certificates and maybe your end of year report for Year 11/12
Reply 35
Wow that's pretty short notice! Good luck, wish you the best:smile: let us know how it goes:smile:
My teach said the most important was to read articles on ny times and the economist, and to believe in yourself :smile:

Thanks for the kind words :smile: Yeah, I usually keep up to date with current affairs but I've been reading the NYT and The Economist lately. It's a little daunting to think that I will have to present an analysis on one of such articles!
Hey guys,

I had my interview a few days ago and wanted to know exactly how important it is in the admission process... Do they value your essay, CV and other documents you originally sent in less than the interview? Or is the admissions panel more interested in what you know about the area you're choosing to specialize in and how you've demonstrated it in the personal statement? Thanks!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pitatuna1
Hey guys,

I had my interview a few days ago and wanted to know exactly how important it is in the admission process... Do they value your essay, CV and other documents you originally sent in less than the interview? Or is the admissions panel more interested in what you know about the area you're choosing to specialize in and how you've demonstrated it in the personal statement? Thanks!!

Hi! How did your interview go? Like I've said before, sometimes the jury has already decided if you are you are not admissible before the interview. But when they are undecided, the interview plays an important role. The final panal will evaluate all the parts of your application I think, they should according to their website:smile: I think the interview is to test your critical thinking skills as well as oral :smile:
Hi! How did your interview go? Like I've said before, sometimes the jury has already decided if you are you are not admissible before the interview. But when they are undecided, the interview plays an important role. The final panal will evaluate all the parts of your application I think, they should according to their website:smile: I think the interview is to test your critical thinking skills as well as oral :smile:

Hi! The interview didn't go badly (I think):biggrin: -- but I can't stop thinking about things I brought up during the discussion!!:s-smilie: The panel really tests your nerves! How about you, did you get invited for an interview?? :smile: And if so, at what campus?
Original post by pitatuna1
Hi! The interview didn't go badly (I think):biggrin: -- but I can't stop thinking about things I brought up during the discussion!!:s-smilie: The panel really tests your nerves! How about you, did you get invited for an interview?? :smile: And if so, at what campus?

I'm applying to reims and my interview is there in a month:smile: where was your interview? It sounds like they try to put a lot of stress on you 😳 i'm getting really nervous about it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending