The Student Room Group

Accepting Firm Offer With No Insurance

Hi all, I got an offer from my first choice university, I'm 100% I can meet the requirements and I was really shocked about how low the offer was that I'm starting to worry they might change it and up the grades I need to get.

Once I accept an offer for my firm can they then change the conditions of the offer?
I would say no, but a few unis have this "unconditional if firmed thing" or "firm us and we will reduce the offer by x grades" which means they can change it (to unconditional or lower) after you accepted the offer ( but they have emailed to tell people this in advance about this ovs).

So in theory they could. Though I expect there are rules on it ( can only go down not up etc).

So no they wont put it up or make any changes they haven't warned u about first.

I hope this is useful and makes sense.
Don't accept with no insurance. You don't know for certain that the course might not run ect. Just wait for your insurances to come in. Better safe than sorry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by dyslexicvegie
I would say no, but a few unis have this "unconditional if firmed thing" or "firm us and we will reduce the offer by x grades" which means they can change it (to unconditional or lower) after you accepted the offer ( but they have emailed to tell people this in advance about this ovs).

So in theory they could. Though I expect there are rules on it ( can only go down not up etc).

So no they wont put it up or make any changes they haven't warned u about first.

I hope this is useful and makes sense.

Thanks!!:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by thisIZwar
Don't accept with no insurance. You don't know for certain that the course might not run ect. Just wait for your insurances to come in. Better safe than sorry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending