The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

University Subjects!

I firmed on Chester to do Business Management and wondering if anyone else has firmed or insured? I have found literally no-one who is doing it...Help :smile:
Hi, is it the Business Management course at Chester or Warrington? We'll try to put you in touch with some other applicants!
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Chester
Hi, is it the Business Management course at Chester or Warrington? We'll try to put you in touch with some other applicants!

Warrington Campus and Thanks x
Hi Hun,
I am a current 2nd Year Business Management Student at the University of Chester, if you have any questions about the course or the Warrington Campus, just get in touch!
Reply 4
Hi, I was wondering what was the best part of course in you eyes?
Well I like how different each module, because you learn a different range in my first year there was 6 modules, ranging from finance, to marketing, PR, business environment and law etc. It gave an insight in different areas which really helps you decide which areas you want to focus on in your second and third year. Also the lecturers are really supportive, they are always available if you need any help on any of the modules.

Hope that helps :smile:
is there anything else?
Reply 6
Original post by KimmiLeanne93
Well I like how different each module, because you learn a different range in my first year there was 6 modules, ranging from finance, to marketing, PR, business environment and law etc. It gave an insight in different areas which really helps you decide which areas you want to focus on in your second and third year. Also the lecturers are really supportive, they are always available if you need any help on any of the modules.

Hope that helps :smile:
is there anything else?

This is so helpful! I know this might sound strange, but as it is a small community and location, are there any clubs or any nightlife experiences?
Yeah! The campus is really small and it brings both positives and negatives. Its great cos you'll get to know your lecturers better but nightlife its a bit of a hit and miss. We have a bar on campus where Wednesdays are social nights and they try to do something each day, for example Mondays is karaoke and its one of the most popular nights. Student night in Warrington town is Tuesday there are a few clubs and that. But you will be in the middle of Manchester and Liverpool, so there is a variety.

The location of the campus is a bit away from the town centre, but there are regular buses and there are 2 train stations not far away from campus. Warrington isnt your typical city campus, some people either love it or hate it.
Reply 8
Hi! I have got an offer for the " Photography & Business Management" at the Warrington Campus and i should be making it my firm choice :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Kaycey
Hi! I have got an offer for the " Photography & Business Management" at the Warrington Campus and i should be making it my firm choice :smile:

Ah thats soo cool! I finally found someone doing BM! I am so glad, I thought I was the only one haha :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Sappie1447
Ah thats soo cool! I finally found someone doing BM! I am so glad, I thought I was the only one haha :smile:

Haha,Have you been to any applicant days or open days? I've just been to one on Saturday and it looks nice
Reply 11
Original post by Kaycey
Haha,Have you been to any applicant days or open days? I've just been to one on Saturday and it looks nice

I went myself with my parents but not on a open day. I really liked it! x
Reply 12
Yeah! The campus is really small and it brings both positives and negatives. Its great cos you'll get to know your lecturers better but nightlife its a bit of a hit and miss. We have a bar on campus where Wednesdays are social nights and they try to do something each day, for example Mondays is karaoke and its one of the most popular nights. Student night in Warrington town is Tuesday there are a few clubs and that. But you will be in the middle of Manchester and Liverpool, so there is a variety.

The location of the campus is a bit away from the town centre, but there are regular buses and there are 2 train stations not far away from campus. Warrington isnt your typical city campus, some people either love it or hate it.

Hi, I was wondering what topics you picked last year?
In my first year I did Finance, PR, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, Business Environment and Communication in the Workplace. In the first year you don't usually choose your modules and if you are doing a combined you only do half of the modules. As I know off they haven't changed.

And in the second year you do have a bit more flexibility on your modules, but you have some that are compulsory, so you would do Work based learning, contemporary issues and research and planning which you have to do, but then you can choose whether you want to do HR, Management Accounting, Buyer Behaviour or PR again. And it is the same for 3rd year.

Is there anything else you want to know?
Reply 14
In my first year I did Finance, PR, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, Business Environment and Communication in the Workplace. In the first year you don't usually choose your modules and if you are doing a combined you only do half of the modules. As I know off they haven't changed.

And in the second year you do have a bit more flexibility on your modules, but you have some that are compulsory, so you would do Work based learning, contemporary issues and research and planning which you have to do, but then you can choose whether you want to do HR, Management Accounting, Buyer Behaviour or PR again. And it is the same for 3rd year.

Is there anything else you want to know?

Ok Great, I want to take the Business Environment and I was wondering how the topic was? Was it difficult doing the reports and essay?
From what I remember rightly the Business Environment module is split into two, so for one semester you will study Business Environment so that looking at competition, PESTLE, Porter's 5 forces, how the external environment impacts organisations and areas like that and I think I wrote a 2000 word report for it. This half I found rather easy because there was so much to talk about.

The second half of the module is Business Law, and from what I remember you learn about contracts, negligence and areas like that. This was a 2000 word academic essay (I think) and at the time we had the choice of two questions to answer. I found this one a lot more difficult, but when it came to my second year my business law improved a lot.

Tbh the assessment could have changed, but the assessments are really worth stressing over because it is your first year and you'll be adjusting the what is required from you. As long as you don't leave it to last minute you'll be fine :smile:

I'll be honest it wasn't my favourite module.

Is this okay for you hun? Is there anything else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending