The Student Room Group

When is it appropriate to tell the guy that you're dating that you're a virgin?

Basically I'm an 18 year old girl and I've been seeing this older guy for a few weeks. When things are getting 'heated' when we're kissing I can tell that he's trying to initiate sex but I keep pushing him off because I've never had sex. Should I tell him ASAP? Also do you think he'll mind because of course he's older?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I'm an 18 year old girl and I've been seeing this older guy for a few weeks. When things are getting 'heated' when we're kissing I can tell that he's trying to initiate sex but I keep pushing him off because I've never had sex. Should I tell him ASAP? Also do you think he'll mind because of course he's older?

I believe boys like Virgins!
Tell him or he's not worth it, do you not want to lose it with someone you feel comfortable with. Tell him if he's annoyed it's not worth it and also he might make it extra special :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question is, do you want to have sex?
Reply 4
Original post by phunky_fresh
The question is, do you want to have sex?

Yeah I'm pretty comfortable with sexuality I just know that I want the first time to be with someone special and someone who actually cares
Reply 5
Original post by Neevan
I believe boys like Virgins!

I never understood why boys like virgins erm but okay! Thank you x
for heavens sake the things people worry about!
If you're not ready, tell him. Its better he hears from you than elsewhere, and you'll find out if he's only after sex before it's too late.

Also, how much older is he?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by student 1999
Tell him or he's not worth it, do you not want to lose it with someone you feel comfortable with. Tell him if he's annoyed it's not worth it and also he might make it extra special :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the help I think I'm just nervous because he's a bit older than me I feel a bit young and stupid ahah

You should just tell him. The guy I'm seeing knew I was a virgin from our first date, it came up in conversation.he's been so patient and understanding since one.
hey i just met you and this is crazy but here's my cherry so pop it maybe
Original post by Sophi12
If you're not ready, tell him. Its better he hears from you than elsewhere, and you'll find out if he's only after sex before it's too late.

Also, how much older is he?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hes 22
Idk when but if you need a fun way to say it....

Spoiler

Original post by Ripper Phoenix
hey i just met you and this is crazy but here's my cherry so pop it maybe

Original post by SiminaM
Idk when but if you need a fun way to say it....

Spoiler

If only you could lose your virginity twice
You should just tell him. The guy I'm seeing knew I was a virgin from our first date, it came up in conversation.he's been so patient and understanding since one.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
OP: Hey hun just wanted to let you know I'm a virgin

Spoiler

loool on a serious note though yeah you should just tell him :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Just tell the guy. Why hold things back? Especially things that are important in the relationship! I told my previous partner like in the first two weeks of getting with him. Get it out in the open woman, so it's not awkward and you can move forward together in this relationship. It's just silly not to tell your partner from early on imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ughh - It's much more embarrassing for us guys to say we're virgins.
Tell him if only so he understands why you may want to wait a bit longer. That way he won't misread it and think your holding back or you don't like him. Also he won't(or, shouldn't) push you so much for it if he understands you will want a bit more time to get to know him
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 26

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending