Original post by yo radical one
and you know exactly who that is...

Spoiler

I am a lucky bish :blushing:
Original post by Motorbiker
Some are obese, some are overweight.

Got a link to those studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The general trend is that underweight people have a significantly lower life expectancy than normal weight and overweight people - but not obese people. Underweight and obese tend not to significantly differ.

Here's one such open-access study based in Canada! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24252500. I just picked the most recent one I found. The risk comes about when underweightness is maintained into adulthood, due to the decreased physical activity, possible malnutrition, and sarcopenia associated with the BMI state.
I gained quite a lot of weight a few years ago (now mostly lost), unsurprisingly women or men were no longer interested in me in club environments or one night stands.

But what really surprised me about gaining weight is it did not stop women who were looking for relationships from being interested in me.

So I don't think men carrying too much weight is necessarily an impediment to attracting women.
Reply 46
Original post by icdjabtjk
well funnily enough I read a tragedy story about people being capsized at sea, but the skinny girl died quickly, the fat guy survived because his fat kept him warm enough and he floated until help arrived. I think the girl just got too cold to go on. Hit by a car though yeah I think having some muscles to absorb the shock like strong neck muscles could help out maybe!

You seem obsessed with finding rare instances where fat people are better off than thin people. For the vast majority of people who don't get involved in ship wrecks or apocalypses, I think being fit is a lot better than being fat.

Perhaps, you could also find instances where one legged people are better off than people with 2 legs such as if a one legged person was swimming and his leg was bitten by a shark but luckily enough, it was his false leg.
Original post by Maker
You seem obsessed with finding rare instances where fat people are better off than thin people. For the vast majority of people who don't get involved in ship wrecks or apocalypses, I think being fit is a lot better than being fat.

Perhaps, you could also find instances where one legged people are better off than people with 2 legs such as if a one legged person was swimming and his leg was bitten by a shark but luckily enough, it was his false leg.

no im not obsessed but everything youre saying is a bit weird tbh, as if you dont read anything people write but respond to a fantasy conversation which isnt actually happening.
Reply 48
True, do you prefer slim or muscular though?

And what do you think of women that do prefer the dad bod?

Posted from TSR Mobile

slim
I associate dad bod with older men - dads, and i'm definitely not attracted to older men. But I can imagine that many women would but not me :smile:
Original post by Maker

It depends on the kid of level of fat you are talking bout. A fat obese, amorphous blob-like individual would certainly not be better off than someone of average weight in the vast majority of situations, but a slightly overweight person who eats a lot of food but is very physically active is likely to be able to outperform a thin person in feats of strength, outlive them in a famine, though when it comes to mobility, obviously the thin person has their advantages.

It also depends on the 'thin' you are talking about. Thin can mean a lean compact body with good muscle mass but relatively low body fat, or a sickly, underweight, skin-on-bone type body with little fat or muscle. Both of these may be described as 'thin' by some people, but they are certainly quite different body types in terms of fitness.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The general trend is that underweight people have a significantly lower life expectancy than normal weight and overweight people - but not obese people. Underweight and obese tend not to significantly differ.

Here's one such open-access study based in Canada! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24252500. I just picked the most recent one I found. The risk comes about when underweightness is maintained into adulthood, due to the decreased physical activity, possible malnutrition, and sarcopenia associated with the BMI state.

what about those calorie restricted studies they did in mice that increased their lifespan?
Reply 51
Original post by TorpidPhil
Slim men, or underweight men, are probably going to die sooner anywhere so don't give "health excuses".

Sorry I didn't mean slim = underweight. I meant healthy slim. And I think its better to be healthy slim than have a beer belly and just be fat to be honest. :smile:
Original post by gabzy
Sorry I didn't mean slim = underweight. I meant healthy slim. And I think its better to be healthy slim than have a beer belly and just be fat to be honest. :smile:

So basically you mean muscly and not the dad bod.
Reply 54

yes :smile: underweight is just as unhealthy I think
Original post by ChickenMadness
Well what happened with me was I was just getting pulled out really far by the current and because I was a weak little kid I couldn't do anything about it. If it happened now I'd be able to swim back (I'm not really a good swimmer but I'd be able to just power through it lol). I ended up getting saved by some surfers lmao.

I think someone with a lot of muscles would be equally well equipped to fight off the cold though because one of the main mechanisms for generati ng heat is your muscles shivering. So if you have a lot of muscle mass it will be more effective. But ye, fat people do float lol.

Ye thats exactly what it was. I took the impact pretty much square on my shoulder and arm which I braced against my ribs. And that whole shoulder/back/chest area is the meatiest area of my body so it pretty much did absorb most of the shock. And because I don't weigh that much either I ended up getting thrown off and landed on my feet because (that agility :redface: . I was wearing rollerblades lmao). If it there wasn't any muscle mass there I'd probably have broken something tbh. (was a land rover btw)

^but ye I basically got hit by a land rover while I was skating across the road in roller blades and got thrown into a big roundabout and used the momentum to gtfo back onto the pavement

You wouldn't be able to swim against a current, try swimming upstream in a river. I'm an unusually strong swimmer and can handle dangerous water (used to work at a river boarding place) but if you're caught in a rip the only way back to land is to swim out of it then back.

The best body type for survival at sea is kind of chubby with plenty of muscle underneath, look at Lewis Pugh.

I know lots of people who are slim but not muscly or underweight.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/why-dad-bod-could-spell-dead-bod.html

The dad bod fad (i didn't even know it was a fad) is ridiculous. I'm no fitness model myself, but at least i'm working hard to achieve my goals of gaining the perfect body.

As said "i'd rather be a sexy dad"

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't like "fat" guys, no, but a little bit of chub is cute
Here's an informative video on the dad bod.

https://youtu.be/iQlIPOTbuH8

PRSOM

This is hilarious

Quick Reply

Latest