The Student Room Group

Why have women stopped wearing corsets?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I didn't say there weren't people who didn't think the way you do, don't really know why you had to clear that up but okay... and men preferring virgins? doesn't shock me, doesn't really make me have any type of reaction really because quite frankly I don't care what 'men prefer' or anyone prefers for that matter. Not going to wear a corset because a man prefers it, not going to be a virgin because a man prefers it, don't really live for a man so doesn't really bother me to be quite honest with you.

I am talking in general terms. Men prefer virgins and corsets. I was just pointing it out. Women can wear whatever thing they like. You are bring rather defensive about this. Like I am attacking your humanity or something.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by godivaontherocks
The short skirts thing is subjective. I know a lot of men who practically drool over girls in short skirts. But a girl can wear one and remain modest.

Wearing corsets are less comfortable than other tops I guess.
I agree that the war probably contributed quite a bit to the decline of corsets though. And women wearing trousers, looser-fitting clothes, etc.

The drool of your skin showing, not you. As I said I find it vulgar.

Well yes the loss 5% of the male population will change things.
I don't dress to please my boyfriend or any other man (even when I'm out) but if I did decide to... well, my boyfriend loves it when I wear short skirts, heels, skinny jeans... so... each to his own really.

I am sure you do. Just you don't want to say so on this forum. Yeah but has your boyfriend ever seen your on a corset and medium length skirt?
Original post by william walker
The drool of your skin showing, not you. As I said I find it vulgar.

Well yes the loss 5% of the male population will change things.

No, I meant a lot of men find it attractive when a girl wears a short skirt. You may find it vulgar but that's your opinion. Most men I've met like short skirts on a girl.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am talking in general terms. Men prefer virgins and corsets. I was just pointing it out. Women can wear whatever thing they like. You are bring rather defensive about this. Like I am attacking your humanity or something.

Men is general don't prefer virgins and corsets, unless you speak for all the men on the planet. I'm not being defensive, it's just when this line of thinking is introduced I feel the need to voice my opinion and quite rightly so.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am sure you do. Just you don't want to say so on this forum. Yeah but has your boyfriend ever seen your on a corset and medium length skirt?

I really don't. Why would I care how people judge me on this forum? It's not real life. Most guys get put off by the way I dress. I wear too many leather jackets, wrist-warmers, high-top Converse. They get freaked out and I intimidate more than a few. So I'm pretty certain I don't dress to please men.
My boyfriend has seen me in a corset but I hate medium length skirts so I don't intend to wear any in the future.
Lol, O..kay... "Get rid"- Right, demanding much.

What would be the point in taking such an action? ...oh yeah let's all BURN our trousers purely bc the men of this world "prefer" medium length skirts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98

What would be the point in taking such an action? ...oh yeah let's all BURN our trousers purely bc the men of this world "prefer" medium length skirts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly 'prefer'!
Original post by Anon_98

Posted from TSR Mobile

No as I have said. Women when attempting to be attractive or getting dressed to meet someone shouldn't wear trousers. Women prefer things of men or demand it. This is perfectly acceptable.
Exactly 'prefer'!

Yeah which is what I have been saying. I haven't been demand women stop wearing trousers or makeup or heels or mini skirts.
No, I meant a lot of men find it attractive when a girl wears a short skirt. You may find it vulgar but that's your opinion. Most men I've met like short skirts on a girl.

Yes because they don't compare it to something else. I do compare how people like between different clothes.
Yeah which is what I have been saying. I haven't been demand women stop wearing trousers or makeup or heels or mini skirts.

No it was your 'men in general prefer' which is untrue.
Men is general don't prefer virgins and corsets, unless you speak for all the men on the planet. I'm not being defensive, it's just when this line of thinking is introduced I feel the need to voice my opinion and quite rightly so.

What else would I be speaking of when I say men. Fair enough your voice and opinion is welcome and important. Most men don't see women in corsets and don't know any virgins. So they take what they are given.
No it was your 'men in general prefer' which is untrue.

No what I have been saying is correct. Men prefer breasts, figure and slender women.
Yes because they don't compare it to something else. I do compare how people like between different clothes.

Cool, good for you. Thankfully my boyfriend is not like that.
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD WEAR A CORSET WHEN SHE EATS AND STRAIGHT AFTER GIVING BIRTH!! :yy:

You'll thank me later, my beauties :h:
No what I have been saying is correct. Men prefer breasts, figure and slender women.

Firstly all women have breasts and secondly I don't think you get my point, I am talking about your preference, you seem to think its important and should be applicable to all women because it's a preference that you and all men share(apparently), your train of thought is wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)
BEAUTY KNOWS NO PAIN!! :macarena: <<(omg what a ****ing adorable smiley...)

anyway :getmecoat:
Why do 23 year old males who haven't had a girlfriend (seen your other post) feel it's ok to discuss what they feel is appropriate attire for women? Discuss.
Why don't men wear tightly buttoned long coats, woollen breeches and powdered wigs anymore? Personally I find these hot as hell and men would look far more pleasing to a woman's eye if they did.

Really guys you need to get your act together and dress to please us again, and if you are virgin at the same time, even better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending