The Student Room Group

Does my boss fancy me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous

Opinions please?

He's married with two children :redface:

1. Imagine this guy was your own dad 20 years ago (sorry, guessing on your age). How would you feel about the woman who split your mum and dad up?

or

2. Imagine being his wife??????

or

3. This guy will repeat his behaviour pattern with the next gullible one who gives him the eye.

or

4. Could you ever trust him?
Sounds like you two have chemistry, and right now it seems harmless, but be careful.

Whether you realise it or not, you're sending him out signals and he knows you're attracted to him ( and it's highly likely he is to you).
You don't want to end up having an affair which will only need to heartache. Trust me, I've been there.

It started out harmless and friendly, and it was just a bit of banter. Never considered it would go further. But the chemistry builds and builds over time, getting closer to each other slowly and suddenly, before you know it, you've crossed the point of no return.

Just be careful. Also, how is your relationship with your boyfriend? Maybe you should concentrate on bringing more excitement and spark back into that relationship and you will think of your boss less?
Don't be that girl.

Fantasise all you like but don't let hoe actions get the better of you.
may home wrecking not be your portion !
Reply 23
TLDR

He's married with children. He's your boss.

It's gonna be bloody if you do it.
Reply 24
Original post by Twinpeaks
This makes me physically cringe.

You write a massive story gushing over him, gushing over how he compliments the way you make him tea, yet you say you'll never get with him because you are in a relationship and he's a married man with children. I'm sorry but what are you doing?

Stop fantasising and try and be professional. And you may also reconsider how happy you are in your current relationship.

This. All I could think of was the other person in her relationship and the wife/ kids.
I'm not going to give you a hard time. I felt a similar way once and it was really really nice and to be honest I'd love to feel that way again.

It does sound like he likes you. The staring thing is a common sign when you both lock eyes and it feels like he's looking into you. Please just be a bit careful because you don't want to ruin his home life. Try not to get to hooked up on this relationship, I know it's hard not to and I did when a similar thing happened to me. I'd say just carry on but be careful and don't over step the mark. If you do your job and his life and your life will be on the line. Enjoy work while your there and if he ever becomes single in future then you could re think but I doubt that will happen.

If I was you I'd review your current relationship. Has it gone stale and could you do with finding someone new. If your relationship was exciting and you were truly happy in it you probably wouldn't be finding a buzz from your boss.
Hope this helps and all the best!

Thank you for understanding and I will just get on with my work x
Sounds like you two have chemistry, and right now it seems harmless, but be careful.

Whether you realise it or not, you're sending him out signals and he knows you're attracted to him ( and it's highly likely he is to you).
You don't want to end up having an affair which will only need to heartache. Trust me, I've been there.

It started out harmless and friendly, and it was just a bit of banter. Never considered it would go further. But the chemistry builds and builds over time, getting closer to each other slowly and suddenly, before you know it, you've crossed the point of no return.

Just be careful. Also, how is your relationship with your boyfriend? Maybe you should concentrate on bringing more excitement and spark back into that relationship and you will think of your boss less?

I don't think he knows I am attracted to him I really don't act like it much when he's around x
Original post by Twinpeaks
The OP would be the cause of this? Surely the man filing the divorce because he fancies another woman would be the cause of it?

Weird...

Let me try to explain it as such: take a look at the collapse of a civilisation. One of the biggest problems facing civilisations that we have seen throughout history is environmental collapse or change. Now, there are also other factors which may result in the collapse of said civilisation, chiefly among them you have conflicts with neighbouring regions. However, while the civilisation is strong, it will be able to hold off any assaults. If there is an environmental change which weakens the civilisation, it will no longer be able to resist the assaults and will fall.

Most would argue that the reason the civilisation fell is a result of it being militarily overpowered; I would argue that the civilisation fell as a result of the environmental change, and thus the civilisation being sufficiently weakened to fall.

I'm not saying the man's innocent in this - but that the blame for the collapse of a marriage lies equally with both. After all OP is aware the man is married, neither one are being seduced, and both know it is wrong. It's a question of whether or not the man gives in, but if he does; OP will be at least partly to blame.
Original post by ZolaCFC25
6 weeks isn't long. See what happens in the next month or so. Life's short ya-know. But then again, don't ruin his home life!

It's escalated quite a lot since I wrote that post!
It's escalated quite a lot since I wrote that post!

Story please!
Reply 30
It sounds like he's a typical 'married but wouldn't mind playing around' boss who thinks the new girl's pretty fit and good company, and you sound like an infatuated teenager. Don't go there. I'm sure he'd sleep with you if you offered it, he fancies you but he probably fancies and would sleep with on the side a lot of girls.
Original post by abc101
It sounds like he's a typical 'married but wouldn't mind playing around' boss who thinks the new girl's pretty fit and good company, and you sound like an infatuated teenager. Don't go there. I'm sure he'd sleep with you if you offered it, he fancies you but he probably fancies and would sleep with on the side a lot of girls.

This. Although TBF OP sounds so "infatuated" because the guy is taking the piss and abusing the obvious power he has over her as her boss, the responsibility is largely his. Especially as someone older and her boss he knows what he's doing wrong. Not to mention the wife and kids!! (My dad used to cheat all the time so I really hate guys like that).

I'm in a very similar situation at a temp job but don't fancy him back, although I have been friendly at times which he seems to take completely the wrong way. He said something totally out of line about me (wont mention it here) and then I responded by looking horrified, and since then he's been sulking around me/barely talking to me. Completely annoying TBH, and just like you said the guy flirts with a lot of the other younger girls too. The older women in the office just laugh at his flirting with the girls and even encourage it, and seem to think it's "cute" when they gossip, but they know he's married with kids!! fml :nope:

OP if you want help getting over him just imagine him doing this to you if you ever get together (not saying you'd go there, but womanising idiots never stop really, its just who they are - even Cheryl Cole got cheated on, its them not the girls they're with!!). You deserve better than the sort of idiot who flirts like that when he is in a relationship. I'd suggest finding a single guy who is into you that way. If you dont know any make new friends/join singles events? And if you start dating a new guy casually mention it around your boss so he stops flirting which sounds like its contributing to the way you feel.

Fortunately my temp job ends after this month, I seriously want to punch the guy though srs. Definition of a phaggot.
Original post by Alaric III
Let me try to explain it as such: take a look at the collapse of a civilisation. One of the biggest problems facing civilisations that we have seen throughout history is environmental collapse or change. Now, there are also other factors which may result in the collapse of said civilisation, chiefly among them you have conflicts with neighbouring regions. However, while the civilisation is strong, it will be able to hold off any assaults. If there is an environmental change which weakens the civilisation, it will no longer be able to resist the assaults and will fall.

Most would argue that the reason the civilisation fell is a result of it being militarily overpowered; I would argue that the civilisation fell as a result of the environmental change, and thus the civilisation being sufficiently weakened to fall.

I'm not saying the man's innocent in this - but that the blame for the collapse of a marriage lies equally with both. After all OP is aware the man is married, neither one are being seduced, and both know it is wrong. It's a question of whether or not the man gives in, but if he does; OP will be at least partly to blame.

this is such a tsr answer lmao, mirin :hat:

I think it's largely his fault as he is much older, the one who's married, and the one in a position of power (being a boss). But yep OP shouldn't contribute to it either. Though he is clearly messing around
You can’t help finding someone attractive sometimes in life it’s natural, whether you’re in a relationship or married with children. It’s ok and acceptable to glance or comment on the opposite sex.The real question is, how far do you let this go? Would you honestly feel alright knowing you’re the cause of a marriage break up and leaving children devastated? Then you have the question of, will history repeat and will you be the one broken hearted? We all know that we create our own karma and it never fails to give you a taste of the medicine!I’m not giving you a hard time, I get it - I’ve been there and it’s so hard, esp when you think he’s the one. Trust me, he isn’t, if he was the one, he’d have much more respect and would treat you right, eg not just a wink in the room etc, he’d go all out and fight for you!! My advice to you is to distance yourself, he’s done this before and is experienced in returning to family life like the doting husband/father. He thinks you’ve made an effort for him and doesn’t realise that you weren’t “into” him then 😂😂In my opinion he’s a player and you’re not the first. I hope you find someone worthy that respects you and will be devoted to you.
Original post by Takenocrap
You can’t help finding someone attractive sometimes in life it’s natural, whether you’re in a relationship or married with children. It’s ok and acceptable to glance or comment on the opposite sex.The real question is, how far do you let this go? Would you honestly feel alright knowing you’re the cause of a marriage break up and leaving children devastated? Then you have the question of, will history repeat and will you be the one broken hearted? We all know that we create our own karma and it never fails to give you a taste of the medicine!I’m not giving you a hard time, I get it - I’ve been there and it’s so hard, esp when you think he’s the one. Trust me, he isn’t, if he was the one, he’d have much more respect and would treat you right, eg not just a wink in the room etc, he’d go all out and fight for you!! My advice to you is to distance yourself, he’s done this before and is experienced in returning to family life like the doting husband/father. He thinks you’ve made an effort for him and doesn’t realise that you weren’t “into” him then 😂😂In my opinion he’s a player and you’re not the first. I hope you find someone worthy that respects you and will be devoted to you.

I'm sure she'd have appreciated the advice but this thread is three and a half years old
Original post by Sataris
I'm sure she'd have appreciated the advice but this thread is three and a half years old

Thank you so much for pointing that out for me, as I’m so thick, I didn’t realise 😂😂😂
I’ll make sure I reply in the correct time frame from now on, sincere apologies 😉😉

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending