The Student Room Group

Found a small mistake in my application. Will this have any effects on my acceptance?

Hi. After getting acceptance letter from the university, i was reviewing my application sheet and realized that my ethnicity was wrong. I am supposed to be asian but the application sheet says i am cocasian. Now i have done the personal interview in the university and all the other personal info on the application are correct. I am a little worried that this may cause a problem later.... (Perhaps while iam getting student visa) what are your thoughts on this matter? Is this something to worry about?
This info is only gathered for statistical purposes by UCAS, the Universities etc.

No link is made between this and your student visa. Stop panicking.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
This info is only gathered for statistical purposes by UCAS, the Universities etc.

No link is made between this and your student visa. Stop panicking.

Thank you for your answer. I was overly stressed :smile:
Reply 3
Hey, I applied to the UnIversity of Sussex (through late application) and after sending my UCAS off, I noticed a mistake in my paragraphing on my personal statement which was my shcool's fault. I had already made enquires about seinding UCAS information via email and the university was helpful in giving me the admisions office email where I can send any queries/ extra information about my application. I sent the admissions office my actual personal statement, that appeared without the paragraph errors. However, I realised that it turned out to be more than 4000 characters. I am so worried about this, I have a feeling this is going to affect my offer. What's the lieklihood that I am going to get penalized for this?
Original post by maryam23
Hey, I applied to the UnIversity of Sussex (through late application) and after sending my UCAS off, I noticed a mistake in my paragraphing on my personal statement which was my shcool's fault. I had already made enquires about seinding UCAS information via email and the university was helpful in giving me the admisions office email where I can send any queries/ extra information about my application. I sent the admissions office my actual personal statement, that appeared without the paragraph errors. However, I realised that it turned out to be more than 4000 characters. I am so worried about this, I have a feeling this is going to affect my offer. What's the lieklihood that I am going to get penalized for this?

If this was the same PS that you submitted the first time via UCAS, how come it is now too long?
Reply 5
I have no idea, I think it's because instead of indenting my paragraphs I inserted line spaces
Original post by maryam23
Stuff

I did that, formatting shouldn't be an issue - to be honest, going back I'd have sacrificed spaces between words to fit in more information if I thought it was relevant. You won't be penalised (although I have nothing to base that on), it's the content of your personal statement that they'll be interested in.
You shouldn't worry about paragraphs. The majority of PS are presented as one block of text in order to use the space most effectively and that is fine; universities do not see this as a grammar mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending