The Student Room Group

Does my boyfriend love me?

My boyfriend of 18 months is on Tinder. Should I be okay with him using Tinder? He matched with his ex girlfriend on it and he was asking her weird questions. They were together for nearly 3 years and he was asking her if she hates him. Why does he care? He said he wanted to see how she was and if she hated him. Is he even emotionally invested in me if he's thinking about his ex girlfriend, wondering how she is and if she hates him. I found out he's on Tinder as she told me. He started cussing her, saying she's stirring and he didn't ask her if she hates him. My boyfriend said his friends messaged her as a joke, she was a part of a game. They didn't speak for 17 months though and I find this very suspicious. Does my boyfriend still love his ex girlfriend? His family don't approve of her because she's a different caste and me and him are the same. Maybe that's why he wants to stay with me and not her? (Caste is Asian drama btw.)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymousxxxxxxx
My boyfriend of 18 months is on Tinder. Should I be okay with him using Tinder? He matched with his ex girlfriend on it and he was asking her weird questions. They were together for nearly 3 years and he was asking her if she hates him. Why does he care? He said he wanted to see how she was and if she hated him. Is he even emotionally invested in me if he's thinking about his ex girlfriend, wondering how she is and if she hates him. I found out he's on Tinder as she told me. He started cussing her, saying she's stirring and he didn't ask her if she hates him. My boyfriend said his friends messaged her as a joke, she was a part of a game. They didn't speak for 17 months though and I find this very suspicious. Does my boyfriend still love his ex girlfriend?

No sorry, he doesn't want you anymore. It's obvious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arieisit IV

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least break her heart in a soft way. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

How? He says he wants me. He's blocked his ex girlfriend off WhatsApp and unmatched her on Tinder. He's cussed her and says he loves me etc and wants to be with me. Even though he still has the account and probably uses it behind my back. He said he made the profile when we broke up and he liked her profile then. He matched her last week and then he was asking if she hates him etc.
Original post by Imperion
At least break her heart in a soft way. :/

Truth always sounds bitter. Soon as he broke up with her, he was in a relationship with me. I don't think he's ever has the chance to heal from the break up. AFTER 17 months of no contact between them he still cares about how she feels about him and wanted to see how she was. Despite the fact he's blocks he or whatever, I think he still loves her deep down. He's in denial, in my opinion.
Truth always sounds bitter. Soon as he broke up with her, he was in a relationship with me. I don't think he's ever has the chance to heal from the break up. AFTER 17 months of no contact between them he still cares about how she feels about him and wanted to see how she was. Despite the fact he's blocks he or whatever, I think he still loves her deep down. He's in denial, in my opinion.

You have your answer, imo :tongue:
You have your answer, imo :tongue:

But I have one question! we've been together for 18 months and he's had no contact with her. How is he still hung up on her? He acts like he doesn't care but it's obvious he does. What do you think? What should I do now? :frown:
But I have one question! we've been together for 18 months and he's had no contact with her. How is he still hung up on her? He acts like he doesn't care but it's obvious he does. What do you think? What should I do now? :frown:

Because your pussy isn't good enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
He doesn't seem loyal or loving at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL that made me laugh, thanks for that :smile:
Original post by Rapollo
He doesn't seem loyal or loving at all.

I agree, do you think he's still in love with his ex girlfriend? His family don't approve of her because she's a different caste and me and him are the same. Maybe that's why he wants to stay with me and not her? (Caste is Asian drama btw.)
(edited 8 years ago)

Ehm... I'm not an expert at this stuff xD I honestly don't know :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude :facepalm2:

Spoiler

Ehm... I'm not an expert at this stuff xD I honestly don't know :redface:

Dude :facepalm2:

Spoiler

In my own opinion, he's already showing signs of being unfaithful by having a Tinder account that he actively uses. Next, matching with his ex girlfriend. WORST thing is he dumped her yet he's missing her after all this time wanting to know how she is and if she hates him for what he did. His family don't approve of her because she's a different caste and me and him are the same. Maybe that's why he wants to stay with me and not her? (Caste is Asian drama btw.)
(edited 8 years ago)
In my own opinion, he's already showing signs of being unfaithful by having a Tinder account that he actively uses. Next, matching with his ex girlfriend. WORST thing is he dumped her yet he's missing her after all this time wanting to know how she is and if she hates him for what he did.

You should confront him to get the truth, either way a break up is lingering.
You should confront him to get the truth, either way a break up is lingering.

I have confronted him. He said she's a "psycho" and she's trying to stir stuff up between us. He said he's in unmatched her on Tinder and blocked her on WhatsApp. What good is that going to do if he's still in love with her? In denial if I'm honest. His family don't approve of her because she's a different caste and me and him are the same. Maybe that's why he wants to stay with me and not her? (Caste is Asian drama btw.)
(edited 8 years ago)
I have confronted him. He said she's a "psycho" and she's trying to stir stuff up between us. He said he's in unmatched her on Tinder and blocked her on WhatsApp. What good is that going to do if he's still in love with her? In denial if I'm honest. His family don't approve of her because she's a different caste and me and him are the same. Maybe that's why he wants to stay with me and not her? (Caste is Asian drama btw.)

Perhaps. You have all the answers you need :tongue:
Perhaps. You have all the answers you need :tongue:

Maybe. I didn't realise rebound relationships could last this long. He says he loves me. How do I make him realise he "wants" to be in love with me but he can't be since he's still love with his ex girlfriend?
Maybe. I didn't realise rebound relationships could last this long. He says he loves me. How do I make him realise he "wants" to be in love with me but he can't be since he's still love with his ex girlfriend?

I have no idea tbh :s-smilie: I'm utterly useless in this section :tongue:
I have no idea tbh :s-smilie: I'm utterly useless in this section :tongue:

Thank you for your help though :smile: .. Each and every person is different so you can't put down anything based on "research" I guess. Just sucks, after 18 months relationship he's still in love with his ex girlfriend and doesn't even realise it.
Why the **** is he even on Tinder anyway?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending