The Student Room Group

Access course portfolio, done.

Scroll to see replies

Ok, so it seems that we'll probably need to send our results ourselves, but what is it we're sending? I've got my portfolio back (i.e. all my marked assignments) and I've been told that the certificate from APT will follow in the post sometime over the summer, however, transcripts and RACs have been mentioned on this thread. Is that what we send, rather than the certificate or portfolio? If so, I'm a bit confused, since these terms weren't mentioned by my tutor.
The transcript I referred to is the detailed certificate from the examination board, which lists the results for each module. You should receive this sometime in July or August, either in the post, or to be picked up from your college.
Original post by Schadenfreude65
The transcript I referred to is the detailed certificate from the examination board, which lists the results for each module. You should receive this sometime in July or August, either in the post, or to be picked up from your college.

Ok. Thanks :smile:.
Anybody else progressed much with this since they last posted?

I've had my last assignment back (went for EV, although I can't see any EV comments on it :confused:). Tutor emailed my group a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the RAC was on its way, an interim statement of results would be sent out asap, and that the official certificates will be sent by early August or sooner (from AptEd).

No worries on the official cert, but not seen any evidence of the RAC or interim statement yet. I've not had any requests for results from my uni yet either, so I'm not really sure whether I've got anything to worry about at this point.
Reply 44
Yeah I think we have to to it all as it comes along now. my classes portfolios have been checked by moderators, and we should receive final results by the end of the week. Our tutor has been keeping us up to date by email. I've been told that results have to be forwarded to the unis yourself, though I think it's different with each college. I'll keep you all posted how it goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some colleges will automatically update the uni's, ApTed being a southwest awarding body will only contact uni's in the south west (as far as i know), so I've had to contact Cardiff myself and give them the contact details of someone who can give them access to the results, took all of 5 minutes on the phone :smile: They said that I should get my unconditional within the next two weeks yay ^_^
Reply 46
I've received my results by email, and they had to be forwarded to my firm choice. I will receive my certificate in a few weeks time but the uni won't need to see that as well it turns out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really beginning to panic, since I have messaged my tutor and been told that I have achieved 45 credits at distinction, which I am really ecstatic about, however all this talk about certificates sending transcripts and APTs are above me as all I have been told is that my certificate will be available to collect mid August. Any advice ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Cucumberman
I'm really beginning to panic, since I have messaged my tutor and been told that I have achieved 45 credits at distinction, which I am really ecstatic about, however all this talk about certificates sending transcripts and APTs are above me as all I have been told is that my certificate will be available to collect mid August. Any advice ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Contact your tutor for advice as well as the admissions department for your uni about how they want to receive the results.
Have the results been sent to you by email? If so you may be able to forward it and email to the admissions department.
Hope this helps.😊
Original post by bibliboo
Contact your tutor for advice as well as the admissions department for your uni about how they want to receive the results.
Have the results been sent to you by email? If so you may be able to forward it and email to the admissions department.
Hope this helps.😊

Thank you that's fantastic. I've not received any indication yet just word from my tutor so far but I'll chase him up on this, I saw your earlier post in regards to your results, congratulations and good luck for your journey in HE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by Cucumberman
Thank you that's fantastic. I've not received any indication yet just word from my tutor so far but I'll chase him up on this, I saw your earlier post in regards to your results, congratulations and good luck for your journey in HE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome. Best of luck to you and let us know how you get on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Celebration! Champagne, champagne for everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
I've sent my results now. I'm told my ucas track account will be updated at the same time as A level results. Is this the same for everyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've sent my results now. I'm told my ucas track account will be updated at the same time as A level results. Is this the same for everyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few of my friends have had their offers turn to unconditional today - but their results transcripts were sent by the college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my results to the university on Thursday last week and my UCAS track was updated today to confirm that my place is now unconditional. As A-level results time is ridiculously busy for universities, I guess they would want to get as many other results and qualifications updated and out of the way as soon as they can :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by lauren1981
I sent my results to the university on Thursday last week and my UCAS track was updated today to confirm that my place is now unconditional. As A-level results time is ridiculously busy for universities, I guess they would want to get as many other results and qualifications updated and out of the way as soon as they can :smile:

That's good. I was hoping the uni I've firmed would update ucas track as soon as possible when I rang them but it looks like I'll have to wait (sadface)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to rekindle this thread... I've received my results from AptEd today :smile:. Got the certificate on one sheet and what I presume is the transcript (lists all the modules and grades) on two other sheets. The certificate has a certificate number on it, and so does the transcript, but the numbers are different. Is that the same for everyone else?

Great to finally receive them. I've not explicitly been asked (yet) for the results by my uni, and I've got no idea if my college have sent them anyway (not had any emails from my college for over a month). I'm thinking I might just send my uni the results anyway. Once the offer on UCAS becomes unconditional, what then? Do I have to accept that offer, or is that implicit from making them my firm choice anyway? And should I then expect to start getting info from my uni (readlng lists etc.)?
Reply 57
Original post by jimmy_looks_2ice

Great to finally receive them. I've not explicitly been asked (yet) for the results by my uni, and I've got no idea if my college have sent them anyway (not had any emails from my college for over a month). I'm thinking I might just send my uni the results anyway. Once the offer on UCAS becomes unconditional, what then? Do I have to accept that offer, or is that implicit from making them my firm choice anyway? And should I then expect to start getting info from my uni (readlng lists etc.)?

Hi Jimmy,
Congrats! I will be receiving my portfolio and certificate in August sometime. Ring up the admission department of your firm choice uni like I did and ask them what to do. I received my results by email and was told by the admission department to forward that email. They then said I didn't have to worry about sending the certificate itself, though I'd say it will be different for everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimmy_looks_2ice
Just to rekindle this thread... I've received my results from AptEd today :smile:. Got the certificate on one sheet and what I presume is the transcript (lists all the modules and grades) on two other sheets. The certificate has a certificate number on it, and so does the transcript, but the numbers are different. Is that the same for everyone else?

Congratulations. If you have access to a scanner, I would email them scans of both certificate and transcript. Once they have confirmation, they should update UCAS. IIRC, you don't have to do anything else once it's gone unconditional. You probably won't start getting info from the uni until after A level results come out, but you can always ask about reading lists in your email.
Congrats! I will be receiving my portfolio and certificate in August sometime.

Thanks. Hopefully you'll get yours soon. Obviously with Access the results aren't a surprise (well, hopefully not!), but it's still a relief to receive official confirmation.

Original post by Schadenfreude65
Congratulations. If you have access to a scanner, I would email them scans of both certificate and transcript. Once they have confirmation, they should update UCAS. IIRC, you don't have to do anything else once it's gone unconditional.

Thank you also. I'll scan and send. UCAS Track is currently displaying a message to say nothing's being updated this week due to processing of exam results, so I guess conditional offers will stay that way for a few days at the very least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending