The Student Room Group

Starting a relationship with my best friends sister

Me and my friend are both 19 and his sister is 16. We have known each other since we were both around 5 years old. This meant that I have also known his younger sister since she was young. We have always got on well and when she was growing up she did start flirting but I never returned it. Last week some guys were picking on her in the street. They smashed her phone and went to take her purse but I saw them and stepped in and helped her. She was obviously shaken up so I offered to take her home. When we got back to hers the house was empty so she asked me to stay with her until someone got home because she was scared so I agreed.

My friend was staying over his girlfriends and parents were working. We just stayed up watching films and trying to take her mind off what had happened. Her parents phoned saying they would be out overnight so my friends sister asked me to stay the night. I agreed but after a while she started crying so I gave her a hug and she was thanking me. She then leaned in to kiss me. I pulled away and told her she didn't know what she was doing but she leaned in again. This time I responded and kissed her back. Since then we have been meeting up in secret and just hanging out and having fun. We haven't had sex yet, kissing is as far as it's gone but we both love being in each others company and just relaxing watching films.

Now she wants to go public with the relationship but I don't know how my friend will respond and part of time thinks what we are doing is wrong. My friend and his family have been grateful to me for helping her but I think they will think I am taking advantage of her because of what happened even though I'm not
What do you think we should do and do you think what we are doing is wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Is it even legal?
Depends how much you value the friendship with your friend. There is quite literally no doubt in the fact that he will not appreciate you, doing the dirty with his sister! If you've watched "Friends" (TV Show), think of Ross's reaction. It's to close and you guys are really young, near impossible to keep it undercover for long, he'll find out.

Personally, I'd just carry on hanging out for a while, maybe the "honeymoon" period with fizz out and you'll can just make it history
Reply 3
Original post by Handsome_Devil
Is it even legal?

Of course it's legal. What would be illegal about it?
Honestly, i think you should go for it :smile:
If you're serious about her and really enjoy her company, then it'll be worth your while to go public. Clearly you're not taking advantage of her because she was the one who made the first move and you were the one who was holding back. What you're doing in not wrong because its making both of you happy, i'm a younger sister myself and my brother is also three years older than me, he'll come round when he see's that you make each other happy :smile:
Best of luck, K
Original post by Anonymous
Of course it's legal. What would be illegal about it?

You're an adult, she's a minor? Not sure if 16 is legal, I'm not sure on the laws though
Reply 6
You're an adult, she's a minor? Not sure if 16 is legal, I'm not sure on the laws though

16 is the age of consent
16 is the age of consent

Seems a bit creepy to me. Not that you should care
Reply 8

How does it seem creepy?

Well he is 19, not 29. Which would be creepy.
16 is age of consent, so she can make that decision herself
How does it seem creepy?

16 seems childlike compared to 19
16 seems childlike compared to 19

It's only a 3 year difference.
It's only a 3 year difference.

The age difference isn't the problem. It's the physical and mental maturity of someone 16 compared to 19. Considering someone 16 could have been 'illegal' a week ago. If OP likes that then fair enough
The age difference isn't the problem. It's the physical and mental maturity of someone 16 compared to 19. Considering someone 16 could have been 'illegal' a week ago. If OP likes that then fair enough

Shes been 16 for a few months and iss
Shes been 16 for a few months and is mature for her age*
"Mature for her age", anything that makes it not sound creepy in your head brah.

Seriously though it does sound like you've taken advantage even if you don't think you have. We can lie and say we think your friend will take it well to make you feel better but tbf if I had a 16 year old sister and my childhood best friend starting ****ing her I wouldn't be best pleased
Fair enough, I mean in a year or 2 nobody will even question the age thing. Your friend will definitely be concerned about the age to begin with though, to him she's probably always been an immature child
"Mature for her age", anything that makes it not sound creepy in your head brah.

Seriously though it does sound like you've taken advantage even if you don't think you have. We can lie and say we think your friend will take it well to make you feel better but tbf if I had a 16 year old sister and my childhood best friend starting ****ing her I wouldn't be best pleased

Like I said we haven't had sex yet and are taking it slow and just enjoying each others company. She made the first move so how could it be me taking advantage of her?
Can you imagine the 'guy talk', he'll have to hear about what you've been doing to his sister. Hilarious!
Like I said we haven't had sex yet and are taking it slow and just enjoying each others company. She made the first move so how could it be me taking advantage of her?

You mentioned she was crying the night of the sin? A case can be made for taking advantage there mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending