The Student Room Group

Doing something your parets ask that they can do for them selves.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by vis break
ffs all you do is whine. no wonder your parents never hug you ffs

Damn bro, you got no chill. :lol:
Original post by AzimH
Damn bro, you got no chill. :lol:

Trust me fam. hows my favourite bae been doing, havent seen u in time
Reply 82
Original post by vis break
Trust me fam. hows my favourite bae been doing, havent seen u in time

I've been doing good fam. Taking wanks here and there. Started watching some mad stuff on babestation. Wbu g?
Original post by NineTailedFox
How often do they ask you to do things like this?

My mother does it a lot
My father doesn't do it at all.

I do what my mother says but it get really annoying at times, especially when she's near the thing she asks me to get/do for her!
Original post by abc:)
Are you between the ages of 12 and 17? If you are, I have a message for your Mum: don't worry, it's a phase, puberty is tough but they come back to you eventually.

If you're 17+, grow up and have some gratitude.

I have respect for my parents that doesn't mean that they shouldn't have to get themselves a drink. I don't ever ask them to make me a drink.

Most dinners my mother expects a drink to be made for her. I don't think I will ever understand why she cannot make herself a drink like everyone does.
Are you between the ages of 12 and 17? If you are, I have a message for your Mum: don't worry, it's a phase, puberty is tough but they come back to you eventually.

If you're 17+, grow up and have some gratitude.

It's interesting that you suggest that the OP should 'grow up', since that's precisely what I'd want to say to people who have made posts similar to yours! Being grateful to your parents for bringing you up does not require you to be happy about rudeness and entitlement from them, and I think it's quite infantile to suggest otherwise.

I don't know if you know something about the OP that I don't - so please forgive me if you do - but I also think it's quite rude and inappropriate for you to assume that she has drifted away from her mum and needs to 'come back to her'. You couldn't possibly infer that rationally from this thread alone :confused:
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I have respect for my parents that doesn't mean that they shouldn't have to get themselves a drink. I don't ever ask them to make me a drink.

Most dinners my mother expects a drink to be made for her. I don't think I will ever understand why she cannot make herself a drink like everyone does.

Untill you get your own job and can stand on your own feet you can't complain.
Your parents are keeping you fed and warm atm so just suck it up. If your mom aks you for some annoying favors you have to do them, your in no position to complain.

Judging by your posts its going to take you a long time to get a job so get used to it.
Reply 87
Original post by Implication
It's interesting that you suggest that the OP should 'grow up', since that's precisely what I'd want to say to people who have made posts similar to yours! Being grateful to your parents for bringing you up does not require you to be happy about rudeness and entitlement from them, and I think it's quite infantile to suggest otherwise.

I don't know if you know something about the OP that I don't - so please forgive me if you do - but I also think it's quite rude and inappropriate for you to assume that she has drifted away from her mum and needs to 'come back to her'. You couldn't possibly infer that rationally from this thread alone :confused:

I think the tongue in cheek tone of my post has gone over your head
Reply 88
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I don't understand why parents ask their children to do things for the that they ca do for themselves.

An example of this would be my mother asking me to get her a drink..

My mother isn't in a wheelchair, she isn't bedbound, I don't see why she cannot get herself a drink.

A worse example would be my mother sitting down NEAR a light switch or near her phone or near the tv remote and she asks me to turn the light on/get her phone/the tv remote.

I do not understand why she cannot do this for herself.

I can understand if y mother is/was tried or ill but there isn't really any excuse to why she cannot do it herself.

I wouldn't ever as my children to do that for me, I am more than capable of doing it myself!

I'm assuming you're of asian or african heritage right?

A lot of African and asian parents basically have this belief their kids are their servants or something
I think the tongue in cheek tone of my post has gone over your head

Well if it was indeed tongue-in-cheek (i.e. you didn't actually mean what you said), then yes it did indeed go over my head! I still don't see any indication that it was tongue-in-cheek though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending