The Student Room Group

When/if someone hugs you do you hug them back?

There have been three cases when I've been hugged by someone and I've not hugged them back

1: I was hugged my a peer I didn't want to hug him at all so I didn't I felt something
2: I allowed my father to hug me for Father's day this year. I felt nothing,
3: I allowed my friend who is also my barber to hug me as is was wearing gloves I felt nothing.

Does anyone else not hug people back?

Scroll to see replies

Congrats on your three hugs

And no, I wouldn't get stiff if someone hugged me. Feel the benevolence m8.
If they're nice enough to hug me, I'll be nice in hugging them back. Hugs are great :hugs:

Also, what do you mean you 'allowed' your father to hug you? If it was Father's Day, surely you could have hugged him back as a kind gesture? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MylittlePlusle
There have been three cases when I've been hugged by someone and I've not hugged them back

1: I was hugged my a peer I didn't want to hug him at all so I didn't I felt something
2: I allowed my father to hug me for Father's day this year. I felt nothing,
3: I allowed my friend who is also my barber to hug me as is was wearing gloves I felt nothing.

Does anyone else not hug people back?

I was starting to miss your interesting threads.
Original post by iSerendipity
If they're nice enough to hug me, I'll be nice in hugging them back. Hugs are great :hugs:

Also, what do you mean you 'allowed' your father to hug you? If it was Father's Day, surely you could have hugged him back as a kind gesture? :smile:

No. I didn't hug him back, I don't have any desire to hug my father. I only allowed him to hug me as it was father's day. I will allow him to hug me once a year.
Reply 5
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Congrats on your three hugs

And no, I wouldn't get stiff if someone hugged me. Feel the benevolence m8.

I've seen that gif so many times! :colonhash:
you post these ridiculous threads everyday :colonhash:

if it really bothers u go and do something about it rather than clogging up the tsr threads with ur whining
How can you not hug someone back?

So they hug you and you just stand there with a poker face with hands by your sides? Are you a robot?
Original post by A Gentleman

So they hug you and you just stand there with a poker face with hands by your sides? Are you a robot?

my thoughts exactly :h:
:five:
Original post by Guy123
I've seen that gif so many times! :colonhash:

And you'll see it many more times. The legend never dies.
It's quite hard to be hugged by someone and not hug back. Most awkward to limply dangle my arms. If I don't want to hug I push him/her away or back away.
Reply 12
Original post by Cherie Amour
It's quite hard to be hugged by someone and not hug back. Most awkward to limply dangle my arms. If I don't want to hug I push him/her away or back away.

True, most of the time you just embrace it and enjoy the fact that at least someone wants to hug you :wink:
Yes I hug them back. For how long and how tight the hug is depends on who it is I'm hugging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lets date, so we can play with our fur babies and build a house for them <3
If some random person tries to hug me, I'll dropkick them. Anybody who knows me knows I don't want people touching me, it's weird :s
Original post by MylittlePlusle
No. I didn't hug him back, I don't have any desire to hug my father. I only allowed him to hug me as it was father's day. I will allow him to hug me once a year.

Original post by A Gentleman

Sheldon, is that you?

No, I just stand there with my arms dangling by my sides like I'm alien to human interaction. WTF....
Who doesn't like hugs?
Are you guys like...not human?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending