The Student Room Group

Applying for Uni

Wanting to apply for Classics in Uni. Just got my As results, B in Biology, French and Latin and C in Chemistry. I have slipped my As exams, as I was predicted 4 A beforehand and have 9 A* plus 1A, 1B and 1C in GCSE (among them 5 are linguistics). I'm not sure should I still be ambitious with my choices, if not, where to apply. My Bs in Latin and French are high Bs. I am carring all 4 subjects into A levels and personally have confidence to raise their grades by 1. I was aiming for Oxford or St Andrews and Exeter. I am a foreign student from China. Please advise, thank you.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Thank you!!:smile:
Hi there!

I've moved this over to the Applications and UCAS forum now- you should get more replies here :smile:
Original post by MHHZ
Wanting to apply for Classics in Uni. Just got my As results, B in Biology, French and Latin and C in Chemistry. I have slipped my As exams, as I was predicted 4 A beforehand and have 9 A* plus 1A, 1B and 1C in GCSE (among them 5 are linguistics). I'm not sure should I still be ambitious with my choices, if not, where to apply. My Bs in Latin and French are high Bs. I am carring all 4 subjects into A levels and personally have confidence to raise their grades by 1. I was aiming for Oxford or St Andrews and Exeter. I am a foreign student from China. Please advise, thank you.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but you wouldn't have a competitive application to top unis like Oxford with 3B's and 1C at AS- they won't know that your B's are high and they won't know that you think you can get A's at As. If you are predicted 3A's you might be able to have one 3A or AAB choice as high risk but really you need to look at unis asking for ABB-BBC. Or work your socks off this year to get 3A's and apply to the top unis on a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending