The Student Room Group

Am I boring cos I don't wanna go out to 'exclusive' clubs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Maybe you need new friends who have the same interests as you. I don't keep party/wild girls in company as I'm not one. Simple.
Reply 21
Original post by Jared44
Only because it was william walker, some of his posts aren't exactly orthodox.

Talking like that by, with such a negative attitude is probably what sways people away, I know it would do with me.
You really need to think positive about things.

I really cannot stand all of this self assessment negativity that people come out with, it's the main reason people don't approach you, it's not hard to sense, in person when somebody isn't comfortable with themselves.

I don't mean to be rude but people approach me all the damn time because I am considered a 'conventionally attractive' woman, and I am more than comfortable with myself so I am approached usually to sort people out and also professionally. If anything I would like to be approached less. I would like to go off radar for awhile. I'm not a negative person, I'm a real person. A realist. I'm hard as ****ing nails in many respects. And I certainly don't believe in airy fairy 'think positive and positive things will happen' bull****. Sorry. Changing your life takes hard work and sacrifice. Sure you should believe in yourself but that doesn't mean being a dopey eternal optimist.

I also don't think it's nice to go round saying **** like that to people. **** like that made me think I was weak for being mentally unwell and could fix myself with positive thinking.
Reply 22
Original post by jazjaz
Maybe you need new friends who have the same interests as you. I don't keep party/wild girls in company as I'm not one. Simple.

She is actually teetotal, as I said she works in entertainment. This is much a part of her job - she isn't a 'party girl' as in a wild drinking mess.

I don't think I have any friends who share an interest in staying in and eating crisps. We're all pretty high achieving types, you know? They never wanna miss anything
Reply 23
Original post by AvaAdore
She is actually teetotal, as I said she works in entertainment. This is much a part of her job - she isn't a 'party girl' as in a wild drinking mess.

I don't think I have any friends who share an interest in staying in and eating crisps. We're all pretty high achieving types, you know? They never wanna miss anything

Just because you don't go partying doesn't mean you sit in eating crisps. Surely yo must have hobbies, interests and passions beyond the TV if you are high flyer.
My friend works for website I won't be specific about in entertainment and she often gets into 'exclusive' clubs and meets people who frankly I've never even heard of, lately she has been trying to get me to go out more cos she knows I'm single. She has invited me to this club saying blah blah how exclusive it is and who'll be there and the men I could meet. She found out I'm living in Bethnel Green and she's using this against me to trap me in saying she booked a hotel so we can stay out etc.

On one hand I feel like should I be really grateful and think she's trying to be supportive and means well? But then she goes and texts me 'you ain't gonna meet someone staying at home eating cheese! Don't get boring we're all going' and I feel annoyed, I just want to stay in and get my head round things. This whole party lifestyle in proximity with z list dick heads doesn't sound fun or impressive to me it seems really vacuous and depressing

Input please am I being miserable as usual and holding myself back or am I right to want to say no to these things especially as I'm newly single and not ready to meet anybody? I feel like I can't talk to my other friends who are going cos I don't want to keep being captain bringdown

Everything sucks right now can't believe I'm moaning about this on a forum

i would go just to take the piss out of all the z list celebrities
Thanks for advice apart from the downright bizarre religion stuff and the rude 'what happened to the black dude?' questions

I left him cos I can't have children, no I haven't told him, yes that's a questionable decision

I'm glad not everyone is into these things I really don't want to go. My friend is messaging some guy from ****ing Geordie Shore and genuinely telling me about it like this will want to make me come out more. I just want to stay in forever at the moment. And if I was feeling like going out I don't want to go to a bar full of empty headed people

I don't know what to do. Blah.

you need to make some maturer friends.
Reply 26
Original post by welcometoib
you need to make some maturer friends.

I think we're a pretty well rounded group really. Successful at least. I have friends who do the poetry nights at Covent Garden if you're thinking I need to be more intellectual but I have no desire to go out to that sort of event either.
Reply 27
Original post by Lionheart96
i would go just to take the piss out of all the z list celebrities

The problem is that I don't know who they are until someone tells me haha most on terrible shows I would never have seen
Reply 28
Original post by jazjaz
Just because you don't go partying doesn't mean you sit in eating crisps. Surely yo must have hobbies, interests and passions beyond the TV if you are high flyer.

You are still missing the point - of course I have hobbies, interests and passions. My point is I don't want to go and do any of them at the moment, I want to tell everyone to **** off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending