The Student Room Group

am I just too boring to have a gf?

SO:

I don't "party". Like, I will go out for dinner and to the cinema cos I love food and movies lol. But I don't enjoy large "social" events, I feel really awkward and just blergh. I am not entirely antisocial but I do like to spend time with myself.

Problem is everyone around me has found someone and I feel like I'm missing something. I don't feel lonely most of the time but sometimes, I wish I had an intimate relationship with someone. I've been reading some threads on reddit where people talk about things they do with their SOs and it hit me like a ton of bricks :frown:

Some of my friends will comment on how rarely I go out (in a judgmental way, like "you can't expect a gf to land in your bed???? GO OUT!") but honestly, I've tried clubs, concerts, pubs and they're not for me.
Original post by Anonymous
SO:

I don't "party". Like, I will go out for dinner and to the cinema cos I love food and movies lol. But I don't enjoy large "social" events, I feel really awkward and just blergh. I am not entirely antisocial but I do like to spend time with myself.

Problem is everyone around me has found someone and I feel like I'm missing something. I don't feel lonely most of the time but sometimes, I wish I had an intimate relationship with someone. I've been reading some threads on reddit where people talk about things they do with their SOs and it hit me like a ton of bricks :frown:

Some of my friends will comment on how rarely I go out (in a judgmental way, like "you can't expect a gf to land in your bed???? GO OUT!") but honestly, I've tried clubs, concerts, pubs and they're not for me.

I'm sure you'll find someone who shares similar hobbies and share your personality.or you could also find someone polar opposite but sometimes differences in relationship are important because compromises are made and you grow more and learn more.You genuinely don't have to do certain things to please people if you're unhappy with it, and don't listen to your friends who have their own perception just do what you feel comfortable with.
Reply 2
Original post by donebeinginthesh
I'm sure you'll find someone who shares similar hobbies and share your personality.or you could also find someone polar opposite but sometimes differences in relationship are important because compromises are made and you grow more and learn more.You genuinely don't have to do certain things to please people if you're unhappy with it, and don't listen to your friends who have their own perception just do what you feel comfortable with.

Thing is, as I implied in my original post, I am not "exciting" at all. I like cooking and baking, films, and cats. All mostly indoors.

I have some close friends, I earn enough now but you really do need someone to share it with. Friends are great for that but as I said, I do often wonder what a romantic relationship would be like. Especially when I see other couples or like hear people talk about spending time with their gfs etc. And it just doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.
Original post by Anonymous
Thing is, as I implied in my original post, I am not "exciting" at all. I like cooking and baking, films, and cats. All mostly indoors.

I have some close friends, I earn enough now but you really do need someone to share it with. Friends are great for that but as I said, I do often wonder what a romantic relationship would be like. Especially when I see other couples or like hear people talk about spending time with their gfs etc. And it just doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

cooking baking films and cats BRO U SEEM SO CUTE wtf 😭😭 U PROBS JUST LOOKIN IN THE WRONG PLACES IDK wht typa girl u feel most compatible with tho ?? and also this shi takes time depending on who u r ykykyk unfortunately relationships juss cant come on a silver platter for us ykyk so juss go with the flow this is probs rubbish advice but ur young yk !! take ur time, go out a bit, meet people and talk, take ur time !!!!! things happen when u least expect it, right ??
You sound like a good person. Everyone is different and it will happen differently for everyone.
You have some great interests/hobbies that will be great to share with friends and perhaps develop SO.
'going out' to things is a good idea but I would focus on the things you like doing first and foremost...it will allow you to meet people with a similar interest. Regardless of that you will be doing something you enjoy and that is a plus!
There are other people out there that will enjoy your company in a SO way, it may just take a while to meet up with them so in the mean time do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do...you may be surprised by what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending