The Student Room Group

Why won't he notice me?

I'm in year 13 and the new year 12s have just arrived, including this really cute, smart, lovely boy who I see around the sixth form block quite a bit. I always look out for him to make eye contact or smile but he never looks at me, which is strange because most people I know pay attention to other students coming and going from the same room. It's really frustrating because I'd love to talk to him but he just seems to ignore everyone around him apart from his friends. Will he ever notice me? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Yes
Reply 2
Lol. Move on mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just go up to him and say hi!

I just started uni and it's unlikely you'll make friends if you don't say hi to random people :smile:

Seriously, what's the worst that can happen?

"Hi" followed by "hi" and walking away.

So just go say "hi, I don't believe we've met/ been introduced, I'm XXXXX"
Ummm...

Maybe he's partially blind, or highly schizophrenic?
Reply 5
Try talking to him and he just might do after that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Senpai notice me :confused:
Reply 7
Sometimes saying 'Hi' is hard, and also getting someone to pay attention to you. If you have to try and get his attention, if hes not looking at you...I'd say its not worth it, in the nicest possible way ofc. For now just concentrate on A levels, its your last year, no time for boys tbh, stop worrying. xx
Original post by FaisalNaeem03

Screw you I was gonna make a senpai joke .-.
Original post by Retired_Messiah

:smile:
Become naked, he'll notice you then.
You have to talk to senpai and say hello before he will notice you.
It's really easy to speak to the year 12s (when you're in year13) because many of them want to be friends with year 13s. Maybe in the library, sit next to him when he's on a computer (or waiting for the computer to load). Ask him what subjects he does (hopefully you done at least one of his). And I'm guessing he's new? Because if he isnt new, that means that you didn't notice him before either rofl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelcake123
It's really easy to speak to the year 12s (when you're in year13) because many of them want to be friends with year 13s. Maybe in the library, sit next to him when he's on a computer (or waiting for the computer to load). Ask him what subjects he does (hopefully you done at least one of his). And I'm guessing he's new? Because if he isnt new, that means that you didn't notice him before either rofl

Posted from TSR Mobile

He is new yes! And I know he takes maths and chemistry and he's German, and I took chemistry at as, and at a2 I'm doing german and maths :smile:
Original post by InternetGangster
Yes

lol

Original post by EllainKahlo
You have to talk to senpai and say hello before he will notice you.

What is this senpai thing?
Original post by Cherie Amour
lol

Ikr I'm bare confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cherie Amour
lol

Hahaha :colondollar:

This will explain it better than I can: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-hope-senpai-will-notice-me

I couldn't help it with a thread title like this.
Original post by Anonymous
He is new yes! And I know he takes maths and chemistry and he's German, and I took chemistry at as, and at a2 I'm doing german and maths :smile:

Perfect! Use this as an opportunity :smile: aw that's cute. If he's new, he isn't likely to be looking at each person he walks past. Rather, looking ahead, observing and making sure he doesn't get lost :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FaisalNaeem03

Original post by Retired_Messiah

me too -_-
You either need to take the initiative to say hello first and start a casual conversation or just wait for him to approach you, which may be unlikely to happen. If he's new, perhaps you can ask him how he's finding things so far and go from there? It can be awkward at first but once you're in the full flow of conversation, it will be okay. He may even appreciate making new friends and having someone take an interest in him :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending