The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No. I hate it when people rev their engines, especially at night :mob:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sweet n Sour
If looking up alarmed and then coughing at the smoke and smell of burning rubber and covering my ears and creasing as the tires screech and the engine roars unnecessarily like a stampede of animals and I suddenly feel very unsafe means I'm impressed...

yes.
In fact, I'd even encourage it.

Sorry but the grammar in this post is all over the place.
Original post by Crystalz
Sorry but the grammar in this post is all over the place.

Okay? Didn't know this was the English Essay forum. Why do people post useless things just to be mean and obnoxious.
If looking up alarmed and then coughing at the smoke and smell of burning rubber and covering my ears and creasing as the tires screech and the engine roars unnecessarily like a stampede of animals and I suddenly feel very unsafe means I'm impressed...

yes.
In fact, I'd even encourage it.

Edit my grammar, please, apparently it's "all over the place."
I just think of this:

No :no:
Makes my ears hurt
Original post by JoshDawg
I don't think chavs use this site so all you will get is a no here.

Profesh is a closet chav.
Okay? Didn't know this was the English Essay forum. Why do people post useless things just to be mean and obnoxious.

I'm not trying to be mean and obnoxious. Just that was really bad I'm sorry, grammar slip ups are fine but 5 'and's' in one sentence???
Reply 28
Original post by Kadak
Walking through Ealing Broadway today and noticed some guy on a motorbike roaring his engine trying to impress women.Does this sort of thing actually impress you?

no
Original post by Crystalz
I'm not trying to be mean and obnoxious. Just that was really bad I'm sorry, grammar slip ups are fine but 5 'and's' in one sentence???

It was meant to be a breathless, ranting run on, so actually my grammar was fine. Punctuation would have made it have pauses and I didn't want that because I was typing as I knew I would say it. What else do you want?
Bitchy cat fight imminent. Time to grab the popcorn.
Roaring engine to catch attention of women = stupid, very stupid.

Riding an actual motorbike = can't lie, quite cool!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Roaring engine to catch attention of women = stupid, very stupid.

Riding an actual motorbike = can't lie, quite cool!

Really? :colonhash:
I ride a motorbike and was taught by my instructor to rev ... It wasn't to get the attention of bystanders but cars instead as you're on a bike its harder for them to see you (blind spots etc) thus by revving the engine they know that there is someone there.watch this motovlog called royal Jordanian youll understand from that.
Original post by drowzee
Really? :colonhash:

Yeah :colondollar: why do you disapprove? :giggle:
(edited 8 years ago)
no, i hate engine noises they just give me a headache and i think what an attention seeking tw@t :h:
Edit my grammar, please, apparently it's "all over the place."

The breathless, run-on sentence trailing off and then abruptly shifting into flippant irony was what made it humorous. Clearly Crystalz has mistaken you for someone like James Joyce, whose children's book Julie Sees famously eschewed punctuation only because he 'didn't know how' and was 'too successful to learn'.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Yeah :colondollar: why do you disapprove? :giggle:

Yes. :colonhash:
Original post by Kadak
Walking through Ealing Broadway today and noticed some guy on a motorbike roaring his engine trying to impress women.Does this sort of thing actually impress you?

Haha! This made me laugh a little :clap2:
To me, you sounded really unimpressed (rightfully so), but that's probably just how I read it.

I think it's very twãtish, and I can't put it into words how much this sort of stuff p*sses me off. I would never date someone like that :battle:
It was only recently I learned how cheaply you can buy nice motorbikes

The level of respect I once had for young guys who owned really nice bikes totally fell through the floor.

Latest

Trending

Trending