The Student Room Group

People who brush their teeth AFTER breakfast...wtf

I find it so disgusting. Its unhygenic and ruins the taste of the food. (So does toothpaste but atleased its clean). People say they brush their teeth after breakfast so they can "brush out all the dirt at once" but isnt that what brushing your teeth at night time is for?? ALSO - couples who make out before brushing their teeth in the morning- how do u breath?
Opinions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Errm who the fk does this :confused: that's nasty

Posted from TSR Mobile
I brush my teeth before eating and after eating :smile:
I cant eat knowing my teeth are dirty
The taste of toothpaste is out of my mouth by the time i finish getting dressed and eating my breakfast :smile:
what is the point of brushing them b4 breakfast?

you just aquire all the gross chewed up cereal all over your teeth for the rest of the day..:s-smilie:
Oh I get it now. You mean don't brush after they wake up until after they eat.
Well their mouths isn't your problem. I'm sure many people have done this however I can't function without brushing them for some reason. Something about the burst of mint invigorates me.
I brush my teeth before AND after

Are you pulling your hair out yet?

How about if I told you I take a mini toothbrush everywhere with me and brush once during my break, lunch and just before I go home

How about now? Going mad? :colonhash:
Original post by CoolCavy
what is the point of brushing them b4 breakfast?

you just aquire all the gross chewed up cereal all over your teeth for the rest of the day..:s-smilie:

Carry mouthwash during the day :smile:
Original post by Sweet n Sour
Carry mouthwash during the day :smile:

hmm.. actually considering this :smile:
Reply 9
I've always brushed my teeth before eating, i mean who wants to to talk/eat with morning breathe lingering. what's the point of brushing after, it's only going to get dirty during the day.
Um but then they brush off the food they've just eaten, so it makes more sense surely? If you brush then eat food, you've literally almost cancelled out the brushing.
Original post by glo420
I've always brushed my teeth before eating, i mean who wants to to talk/eat with morning breathe lingering. what's the point of brushing after, it's only going to get dirty during the day.

true but i never see anyone until after breakfast and i have brushed my teeth so it makes no difference to me really :smile:
I always brush my teeth after breakfast :confused:

Otherwise the moment you've cleaned your teeth, you're making them 'dirty' again with all that breakfasty goodness.

You wanna be going out with toothpaste on your tongue, not weetabix.
Reply 13
I own three toothbrushes and walk around with one of them, toothpaste, and listerine all the time. I wash my teeth before and after every meal. **** the taste of food, man, I don't want stinky teeth wtf
Why would you eat right after brushing your teeth?
Reply 15
Original post by Inexorably
Um but then they brush off the food they've just eaten, so it makes more sense surely? If you brush then eat food, you've literally almost cancelled out the brushing.

Apparently there is a (dentists') school of thought that says that you should brush before eating, to clear the bacteria build up - otherwise you're just feeding a huge population of acid-producing bacteria food, resulting in loads of acid and thus damage to your teeth. This same school of thought says that you shouldn't brush within 30ish minutes of eating, because eating softens the enamel. I read a short article that suggested the danger of brushing right after food is limited, though.
Original post by Alexion
I always brush my teeth after breakfast :confused:

Otherwise the moment you've cleaned your teeth, you're making them 'dirty' again with all that breakfasty goodness.

You wanna be going out with toothpaste on your tongue, not weetabix.

:five:
Original post by Ronove
Apparently there is a (dentists':wink: school of thought that says that you should brush before eating, to clear the bacteria build up - otherwise you're just feeding a huge population of acid-producing bacteria food, resulting in loads of acid and thus damage to your teeth. This same school of thought says that you shouldn't brush within 30ish minutes of eating, because eating softens the enamel. I read a short article that suggested the danger of brushing right after food is limited, though.

Ah okay, well I guess that's a bit more trustworthy than just my way of thinking :tongue: That does actually make sense.
people who brush their teeth BEFORE breakfast...wtf
When I wake up I rinse my mouth with water, then brush my teeth after breakfast. More hygienic and doesn't ruin the taste of food.

Quick Reply

Latest