The Student Room Group

Guys, is it a turn off if a girl doesnt drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by belalbenfadhel
Wait what...?

Personally the less a girl drinks, the more attractive I find her.
I hardly ever drink myself so if a date or a girlfriend was constantly getting pissed, it would be a bit of a problem.
A lot of girls, not all, tend to lose all sense of decency and self-respect while drinking..

because most of the reasons for not drinking are retarded. So depending what her reasons were, there is a high chance she is retarded, and I wouldn't want to date a full blown retard. I'm not a ****ing charity.
Original post by cole-slaw
because most of the reasons for not drinking are retarded. So depending what her reasons were, there is a high chance she is retarded, and I wouldn't want to date a full blown retard. I'm not a ****ing charity.

I don't drink because it's expensive and I'm not a pleasant drunk. I'd say rather than being retarded, it's actually more mature - I know I'm not nice to be around when I drink, so I don't drink. I wouldn't want to date someone who doesn't respect that, anyway
Original post by georgiaswift
I don't drink because it's expensive and I'm not a pleasant drunk. I'd say rather than being retarded, it's actually more mature - I know I'm not nice to be around when I drink, so I don't drink. I wouldn't want to date someone who doesn't respect that, anyway

Only unpleasant people become unpleasant drunks.

So I wouldn't want to date you, which somewhat proves my point.
Original post by cole-slaw
Only unpleasant people become unpleasant drunks.

So I wouldn't want to date you, which somewhat proves my point.

By unpleasant, I mean I'm a lightweight and thus it's more difficult for everyone else as I get out of it so quickly. I don't mean unpleasant as in nasty
depends if you're boring or not
Original post by georgiaswift
By unpleasant, I mean I'm a lightweight and thus it's more difficult for everyone else as I get out of it so quickly. I don't mean unpleasant as in nasty

So learn to control yourself.

Not drinking at all is like giving up driving altogether because you can't stop speeding.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It's fine hun when I go clubbing I'm going to order milk :u:

In all seriousness OP, you could get water and pretend its vodka. I've done that loads of times before.

Some guys might respect it but others won't. You don't need to drink to have fun

Why do you need to pretend? You don't want to drink alcohol. That's your choice. You shouldn't feel the need to hide your choice. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Im in uni atm and im wondering this because my previous boyfriend had a problem with this. I never stopped him from drinking but he said it made him feel uncomfortable that he would always be drinking but i never would. He's not an alcoholic or anything but obviously being in uni he would drink quite a bit. I dont have an aversion to alcohol but honestly its just something i'd never thought about. My parents werent routine drinkers so we hardly had any alcohol in the house and i never really questioned that so i guess its just how i was brought up? I dont have a problem with going clubbing or going to bars and letting my hair down ect but a lot of people always find it weird when im at a club dancing with friends and i never get any alcohol :/

Who cares? You don't need to please anyone. Do what YOU want.
Not in the slightest. Far better than you being someone that needs alcohol to have a good time.

Original post by Dech
If you're not comfortable with drinking alcohol, then don't. If others can't respect you for having morals, then it says a lot about them

Ugh, this has nothing to do with morals. Drinking doesn't make someone a bad person...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending