The Student Room Group

So ****ing tired

My sleep routine isn't the best (slept at about 5 last night, woke up at 12) but I usually end up getting enough hours, so why the hell am I so goddamn lethargic, especially after around this time of the day?

It's really annoying me, as I've got so many important things to get done that I just can't muster the energy for. Has anyone else had this, and what was the solution?
have a bed time bruv.
I have a similar problem, and I've had it for many years. I usually get at least the recommended 8 hours sleep or sometimes more, and yet I feel really tired throughout the day. I've been tested for things like anaemia and I haven't got any medical conditions which could cause it, so I don't really know why it happens. I haven't found a solution unfortunately :frown:
you need the sunlight. keep your curtain open a bit in the mornings
Reply 4
Bump.
Reply 5
this is me... redbull worked so far but it's only been 2 weeks of it being really bad and it's not a long term solution so i'm in your position so me needz help too :s-smilie:
Sometimes I can't sleep either, I solve it by taking a relaxing midnight stroll and burning down a nearby orphanage.
Original post by Leviathan1741
I have a similar problem, and I've had it for many years. I usually get at least the recommended 8 hours sleep or sometimes more, and yet I feel really tired throughout the day. I've been tested for things like anaemia and I haven't got any medical conditions which could cause it, so I don't really know why it happens. I haven't found a solution unfortunately :frown:

Get your thyroid tested. I was lethargic for YEARS and never knew why and then it turns out I have hypothyroidism. I couldve been on meds for all those years but I had no idea
Try listening to ASMR, maybe it'll help :smile:
Original post by driftawaay
Get your thyroid tested. I was lethargic for YEARS and never knew why and then it turns out I have hypothyroidism. I couldve been on meds for all those years but I had no idea

I'll ask about that next time I visit the doctor, thanks for the suggestion!
Reply 10

¬.¬ So rude.

This was one of the more common problems that came up from a Google search, but I wanted to find out if it was anything more common first.

Original post by Jonathan Crane
Sometimes I can't sleep either, I solve it by taking a relaxing midnight stroll and burning down a nearby orphanage.

Original post by Omni Vanitas
Try listening to ASMR, maybe it'll help :smile:

Erm, what? The problem isn't that I can't sleep, it's that I need to stay awake.
Original post by Hashim123
¬.¬ So rude.

This was one of the more common problems that came up from a Google search, but I wanted to find out if it was anything more common first.

It comes up because it really is one of the most common causes. One of the first things doctors test for when you tell them you feel tired/lethargic all the time is your thyroid. There are two types of hypothyroidism, mine is an autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's disease - omg HASHIM like you!) and I inherited it from my father
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
It comes up because it really is one of the most common causes. One of the first things doctors test for when you tell them you feel tired/lethargic all the time is your thyroid. There are two types of hypothyroidism, mine is an autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's disease - omg HASHIM like you!) and I inherited it from my father

Damn, really hoping it's not something like this. Does it affect your life in a huge way? Is there anything that you can do to combat the fatigue?

Yes yes, definitely the first one to ever make that joke. ...Well, you are, actually, but I knew about it first so shh.
Damn, really hoping it's not something like this. Does it affect your life in a huge way? Is there anything that you can do to combat the fatigue?

Yes yes, definitely the first one to ever make that joke. ...Well, you are, actually, but I knew about it first so shh.

No it doesnt affect my life in a huge way, I just have to take a pill every morning for the rest of my life lol, but the pill replaces the thyroid hormones that my body lacks so as long as u take your meds there are no symptoms. however if you dont take meds it gets progressively worse. before i knew i had this, i slept about 11 hours a day, couldnt concentrate, i almost got fired from a job because i couldnt follow instructions. you also become very slow. my mom noticed that my dad had this because he took like 5 minutes to tie his shoe laces and my mom took him to the doctor telling him my dad forgot how to do his shoelaces lol.

i also had very heavy periods for years.

basically if you dont take meds it can wreak havoc on your health and lead to heart problems, diabetes etc. but its hard to notice you have it because the symptoms appear gradually over years (most of the time) and all of the symptoms are things that could be caused by lots of things.
No it doesnt affect my life in a huge way, I just have to take a pill every morning for the rest of my life lol, but the pill replaces the thyroid hormones that my body lacks so as long as u take your meds there are no symptoms. however if you dont take meds it gets progressively worse. before i knew i had this, i slept about 11 hours a day, couldnt concentrate, i almost got fired from a job because i couldnt follow instructions. you also become very slow. my mom noticed that my dad had this because he took like 5 minutes to tie his shoe laces and my mom took him to the doctor telling him my dad forgot how to do his shoelaces lol.

basically if you dont take meds it can wreak havoc on your health and lead to heart problems, diabetes etc. but its hard to notice you have it because the symptoms appear gradually over years (most of the time) and all of the symptoms are things that could be caused by lots of things.

Did you notice any of the symptoms at first such as weight gain or hair loss or feeling depressed?

OP you should have a blood test,the doctor can detect whether you have grave's disease or Hashimoto's thyroiditis or if it's something unrelated to a thyroid disorder
Reply 15

I see. Sounds bad. Thankfully, I don't think I'm that bad, at least not yet, but who knows?

My periods aren't all that heavy, thankfully.

Original post by queen-bee
Did you notice any of the symptoms at first such as weight gain or hair loss or feeling depressed?

OP you should have a blood test,the doctor can detect whether you have grave's disease or Hashimoto's thyroiditis or if it's something unrelated to a thyroid disorder

Looking like I might have to book that dreaded doctor's appointment. I'll probably be dead by the time I actually get an appointment. :laugh:
I see. Sounds bad. Thankfully, I don't think I'm that bad, at least not yet, but who knows?

My periods aren't all that heavy, thankfully.

Looking like I might have to book that dreaded doctor's appointment. I'll probably be dead by the time I actually get an appointment. :laugh:

It's not that bad :tongue:
Reply 17
It's not that bad :tongue:

What, the doctor's or the condition?
What, the doctor's or the condition?

The doctor's apt
Reply 19
The doctor's apt

It really is. Not sure how bad it is down your end, but it's likely to be months till the next available appointment down here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending