The Student Room Group

I feel depressed because of war

I can't stop thinking about what children must be going through in their war-torn countries and witnessing their parents shot and stuff. All these graphical images/videos on Facebook and it all makes me sad :frown: They were born in the wrong place at the wrong time they don't deserve to go through all this. I can't stop over-thinking and getting all sad and stuff. I try to avoid news and facebook and sh*t but that's not helping :/

Scroll to see replies

What often helps is to go to sleep. :smile: You won't remember a thing after a good night's sleep.

That, or alcohol. Nothing dulls the mind like alcohol.
Same, really sad tbh.
Original post by Hydeman
What often helps is to go to sleep. :smile: You won't remember a thing after a good night's sleep.

That, or alcohol. Nothing dulls the mind like alcohol.

but I wake up and it all comes back :frown: i don't drink :tongue:
If it makes you feel any better, they'll all be dead soon and then none of it will matter.
Original post by PrincessZara

Do it consistently over a few days, I suppose. Do you have a lot of free time? If you do, find a hobby or something you like to do that distracts you from it. It honestly isn't worth worrying about what's hypothetically happening in some war-torn country. Just accept that there's nothing you can do and watch how easy life becomes. :biggrin:

But drink is the best thing for this sort of thing... Why do you think people drink when they're depressed for more movie-esque reasons like heartbreak? :tongue:
I can't stop thinking about what children must be going through in their war-torn countries and witnessing their parents shot and stuff. All these graphical images/videos on Facebook and it all makes me sad :frown: They were born in the wrong place at the wrong time they don't deserve to go through all this. I can't stop over-thinking and getting all sad and stuff. I try to avoid news and facebook and sh*t but that's not helping :/

It is the natural state of man. Instead of getting sad and thinking about how bad things are somewhere else. You should be thinking I have peace and freedom here, how can I maintain it. Then work each day to do just that. Maybe if people stopped wanting to change the world and just maintain it these wars wouldn't happen.
Original post by Hydeman
Do it consistently over a few days, I suppose. Do you have a lot of free time? If you do, find a hobby or something you like to do that distracts you from it. It honestly isn't worth worrying about what's hypothetically happening in some war-torn country. Just accept that there's nothing you can do and watch how easy life becomes. :biggrin:

But drink is the best thing for this sort of thing... Why do you think people drink when they're depressed for more movie-esque reasons like heartbreak? :tongue:

noooo, i know but I hate my self more then. I cant enjoy life :frown: like that my head hurts and I cant sleep and i dont even like smiling no more ;/. I dont have free time :/ i have a lot of essays

You will... soon enough :tongue:
Original post by Jonathan Crane
If it makes you feel any better, they'll all be dead soon and then none of it will matter.

We will all be dead soon. However how we die, when we die and where we die matters.
Original post by william walker
It is the natural state of man. Instead of getting sad and thinking about how bad things are somewhere else. You should be thinking I have peace and freedom here, how can I maintain it. Then work each day to do just that. Maybe if people stopped wanting to change the world and just maintain it these wars wouldn't happen.

What sort of nonsense is this? we have less war now since we HAVE changed the world. Thanks to free movement of goods, people (globalisation)

You're not the only person who feels this way.. It's best to use it as motivation to be something great one day and make a difference to prevent this from going on in the future. Too many corrupt stupid people rule the world today.
We will all be dead soon. However how we die, when we die and where we die matters.

I'm going to crash a helicopter loaded with airborne-Ebola cannisters into an abandoned puppy shelter.
Original post by Bill_Gates
What sort of nonsense is this? we have less war now since we HAVE changed the world. Thanks to free movement of goods, people (globalisation)

Really why did the Troubles in Ulster happen? WW2? WW1? Why did the NAZI's and Communists murder millions of people? Because they wanted change, rather than to maintain what they had.
noooo, i know but I hate my self more then. I cant enjoy life :frown: like that my head hurts and I cant sleep and i dont even like smiling no more ;/. I dont have free time :/ i have a lot of essays

Just work at it. :dontknow: If you're one of those people who's been brought up a certain way (e.g. feels guilty about everything and apologises for everything and everyone), the bad training can be hard to shake off.
Original post by Jonathan Crane
I'm going to crash a helicopter loaded with airborne-Ebola cannisters into an abandoned puppy shelter.

:colonhash:
Really why did the Troubles in Ulster happen? WW2? WW1? Why did the NAZI's and Communists murder millions of people? Because they wanted change, rather than to maintain what they had.

Absolute nonsense, you have no clue.

More globalisation, MORE movement of people the better. We need at least 2 million of these refugees here!
Oh, well. Could be worse. Imagine being a child here? Growing up in the ruins, starving, hiding from H-K's...

[video="youtube;nL4ckHJ4dZA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL4ckHJ4dZA[/video]
Original post by Hydeman
Just work at it. :dontknow: If you're one of those people who's been brought up a certain way (e.g. feels guilty about everything and apologises for everything and everyone), the bad training can be hard to shake off.

I suppose so, true
Original post by Bill_Gates
Absolute nonsense, you have no clue.

More globalisation, MORE movement of people the better. We need at least 2 million of these refugees here!

I see. So you want change. Leading to war.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending