The Student Room Group

Begginer to weight loss

Scroll to see replies

Do running, jogging basically fat burning exercises, buy dumbells and grow that muscle!
Reply 21
I've found some of this advice quite useful myself. I keep hearing that its more about what you eat which is key. So I'm giving this a go.
Reply 22
Original post by difeo
Why do you say you "don't want to resort to the method of restricting calories"? That's all weight loss is.

Yeah I know that but a few years ago I was at the stage of limiting myself to around 600 calories a day to drastically drop weight, what I did wasn't healthy. thats what i meant
Original post by affluentmakaveli
OK, How about the YouTube Page 'SixPackShortcuts', the exercising methods there really have helped me.

Don't visit that page. Biggest pile of fitness rubbish you'll ever come across
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Don't visit that page. Biggest pile of fitness bullsh*t you'll ever come across

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
Original post by Squats and milk

Hi Squats and Milk,
I did some research and found it was indeed a scam according to a Google search.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

It seemed Okay when I tried out the tips. However, it seems to be a proven scam.

Looks like I need some new motivational videos.
Original post by affluentmakaveli
Hi Squats and Milk,
I did some research and found it was indeed a scam according to a Google search.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

It seemed Okay when I tried out the tips. However, it seems to be a proven scam.

Looks like I need some new motivational videos.

Fair enough. The vast majority of internet trainers don't have a clue what they are talking about. Even most professional bodybuilders don't know any more about training than the average man. They just have genetics that allow them to tolerate an amount of drugs that may even kill the average man. That's how they their results, not because of training knowledge. Be careful where you get your information from.
Fair enough. The vast majority of internet trainers don't have a clue what they are talking about. Even most professional bodybuilders don't know any more about training than the average man. They just have genetics that allow them to tolerate an amount of drugs that may even kill the average man. That's how they their results, not because of training knowledge. Be careful where you get your information from.

BS. You don't get big just by taking juice. You need to know how to train obviously. And you would be surprised how little said "average man" knows about training...

I agree with your last point though, many "natural" athletes aren't actually natural. Watch out for those kind of people

"hey man do you wanna gain 30lbs of ripped lean muscle in only 3 weeks?"
"do you wanna lose fat and get six pack abs by eating all your favourite foods like pizza and ice cream?"
"this here is my magic red drink...."
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh sorry, I forgot his no.1 training philosophy : towel rolls
Reply 30
Hi,

I think because you have so much time you don't need to radicalise your diet or exercise 5-6 times a week all the time. For me personally I've lost 6kg in the past year, I wasn't overweight before but like you just felt I'd be happier slimmer. I didn't change things too much. My advice is find some good friends to do some exercise with, for me personally it was cycling, although I did this solo. It's easier and less straining than running so is a good starter. As well as this just every so often not having that donut, or chocolate bar helps. It doesn't have to be always, let's be realistic you're not going for some silly idea of becoming the fittest person to walk the planet so really there's no need to over do your lifestyle. I would also recommend some gym although I never went because muscle burns more calories than fat so will help keep weight off.
Hope you go well:smile:
Oh sorry, I forgot his no.1 training philosophy : towel rolls

[video="youtube;VqbgWAsmgfw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqbgWAsmgfw[/video]
[video="youtube;VqbgWAsmgfw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqbgWAsmgfw[/video]

Hilarious. This one's pretty good too and it's not actually a parody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8FVNzEjR0c
Hilarious. This one's pretty good too and it's not actually a parody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8FVNzEjR0c

"Now Dan is going to show you how a heavy squat is done"... :facepalm:
Original post by TajwarC
BS. You don't get big just by taking juice. You need to know how to train obviously. And you would be surprised how little said "average man" knows about training...

I agree with your last point though, many "natural" athletes aren't actually natural. Watch out for those kind of people

Give a sedentary man juice and he shall increase in size and strength to a point. Obviously to build muscle you need to train and eat decent past a certain point. However actual knowledge for a lot of people isn't needed for growing muscle. See Jeff Seid - prime example. Dose dependent of course
Original post by Angry cucumber
Give a sedentary man juice and he shall increase in size and strength to a point. Obviously to build muscle you need to train and eat decent past a certain point. However actual knowledge for a lot of people isn't needed for growing muscle. See Jeff Seid - prime example. Dose dependent of course

This. And to add, yeah these pro bodybuilders train hard, but it doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. The top pro's aren't there because they are smart. They are there because their genetics allow them to take ridiculous amounts of drugs that the average person would not be able to take without serious health problems or even death. With that amount of drugs you can get away with a lot of bull**** training.

Quick Reply

Latest