The Student Room Group

Ucas welcome letter

When do they send the welcome letter? Is it after you have paid for UCAS apply?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Scopeowner
When do they send the welcome letter? Is it after you have paid for UCAS apply?

Let's be honest, until you pay they have nothing to welcome, do they?
Reply 2
Original post by Good bloke
Let's be honest, until you pay they have nothing to welcome, do they?

Yes, but once you have paid when do they send you the welcome letter? I mean when the referre (tutor) HAS NOT sent off your application, and has not had a look at it whatsoever.
they send it as soon as your referee sends your application off to UCAS.
Yes, but once you have paid when do they send you the welcome letter? I mean when the referre (tutor) HAS NOT sent off your application, and has not had a look at it whatsoever.

No, because if your referee has not sent it off, it hasn't reached Ucas, so they don't know it exists.
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, because if your referee has not sent it off, it hasn't reached Ucas, so they don't know it exists.

Okay, so does that basically mean UCAS will only issue the 'welcome letter' once your tutor has checked and sent off the application?
Okay, so does that basically mean UCAS will only issue the 'welcome letter' once your tutor has checked and sent off the application?

Yes.
Reply 7
Yes.

Okay, thanks.

One last question:

If you have paid for UCAS apply and the application has not been checked or sent off by the tutor. Is it possible to change any of the 'choices' on the application? If so, how?
Okay, thanks.

One last question:

If you have paid for UCAS apply and the application has not been checked or sent off by the tutor. Is it possible to change any of the 'choices' on the application? If so, how?

Yes, you just ask the tutor to send it back to you for you to change. Until the referee sends it off, it hasn't gone to Ucas.
Reply 9
Okay, thanks.

One last question:

Yeah just talk to your tutor.
Reply 10
Yes, you just ask the tutor to send it back to you for you to change. Until the referee sends it off, it hasn't gone to Ucas.

Okay, that sounds good.

Thanks for all your help! :smile:
Reply 11
Thanks for everybody's responses here. :smile:
mine was sent off 8 days ago and I've still not received my welcome letter - is this normal? or does it go to my sixth form college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pottermad_
mine was sent off 8 days ago and I've still not received my welcome letter - is this normal? or does it go to my sixth form college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would not worry, I had 3 offers before I got my Welcome email.
Just sent mine off today but nothing come in from ucas yet although I heard it can take upto 24hrs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending