The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

What is the lowest entry requirements gcses and a levels that anyone has got in with?
Reply 1
Original post by vividviolets
What is the lowest entry requirements gcses and a levels that anyone has got in with?

Probably somebody has got in with none.
Eg you arrive in this country after GCSE and then you sit IB.
There are also exceptional cases where somebody failed to sit exams because of serious ongoing illness or a family death on the day of exams and so forth.

Without exceptional circumstances and for many subjects there will be many people with poor GCSE grades who improved hugely for A2. The current offer is A*AA or A*A*A and that's what you have to get.
You probably can get in with 2 GCSEs and A*A*A* at A-Level but you can't get in with 12A* GCSE and BCC A-Levels if you get my drift :-)
Reply 3

High achievers used to get "EE" matriculation offers in certain cases. i.e. get 2 Es in your A-levels. Those days are gone.

GCSEs are not a major factor for most subjects (except, Medicine and perhaps Law).For A-levels this table might help - but as Colmans says you really need to achieve (or, rather, be on target for) the typical offer unless you have extenuating circumstances.

Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 12.33.22.jpg
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
High achievers used to get "EE" matriculation offers in certain cases. i.e. get 2 Es in your A-levels. Those days are gone.

I doubt if those who got EE offers ever actually "got in with" EE as they were usually given to those who were expected to get AAA in the days when there was no A*.
I had a friend who got an EE offer in 2009 which was effectively unconditional as he already had AS grades that covered it. He went on to get D1D1D2 in Pre-U, D1 being the grade above A* (if it existed).
Reply 5
Original post by Colmans
I doubt if those who got EE offers ever actually "got in with" EE as they were usually given to those who were expected to get AAA in the days when there was no A*.

Yes, fair point. I was more thinking about the offer, than the achievement.
Reply 6
Original post by jneill

GCSEs are not a major factor for most subjects (except, Medicine and perhaps Law).For A-levels this table might help - but as Colmans says you really need to achieve (or, rather, be on target for) the typical offer unless you have extenuating circumstances.

I jealous of the confidence of the 3 people who applied with 120 points...
Reply 7
Original post by ubisoft
I jealous of the confidence of the 3 people who applied with 120 points...

LOL, althought we don't know the circumstances - perhaps they also had overseas qualifications or ECF... eitherway they didn't get offers...
thanks everyone

Well i got an offer with very low gcse's and AS levels with no ecf.
GCSE's were 2A's rest Bs Cs and 2Ds. AABD in Maths, FM ,Physics and Chemistry. UMS was reasonably high in M FM something like 580/600 which was decent and decent performance in the Maths Olympiads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending