The Student Room Group

Girl stopped talking to me after she got into a relationship...

So I met this girl in an online game (such an odd place to meet and find someone!), and she became very interested in talking to me, so I began talking to her and so forth. After a month, we both admit that it was getting awkward to talk in an online game, so we decided to chat on Whatsapp (similar to Viber). We spoke to each other on Whatsapp for almost two months, talking about stuff very funny and casual. Sometimes we talk about stuff serious (like if my day went bad or I wanted to get an opinion about something from her).

However, two weeks ago, she stopped talking to me and I asked her if she was mad at me about something I said. She said she was very busy and she didn’t had time to talk to me. So, I told her to message me when she’s free. And then last week, she told me she was now in a relationship and that her bf wanted to delete my number off her phone (which meant that we would no longer be able to talk to each other). I told her I was very happy that she is now in a relationship, but I am so depressed and frustrated by the fact that I won’t able to talk to her again, forever.

I just really like talking to her because she makes my day so much better. She is so friendly, lovable, intelligent, caring, funny and trustworthy (I have only shared my secrets to her and vice-versa). What I like about her is that she is so different to my friends that’s why I talk to her almost every night until 2 am! (we live on opposite sides of the world, which explains why I stay up late).

[Being brutally honest here] I’ve been wishing that she will come back and chat to me again because that is the only thing I want in my life right now. I do not want money, nor cars, nor clothing nor phones. I just want her to come back. I’ve been crying almost every night since she had to remove my number off her contacts. It is absolutely difficult for me to move on with having to accept the fact that she is gone forever. Whenever I listen to my favourite song, or bring up something I shared with her on Whatsapp, I always think of her and the memories I’ve had with her. Even at that moment, I feel depressed (but not at the point I want to cry). As a matter of fact, is it completely normal for a guy to cry about things like this?

Could someone please give me guidance or something to make me feel a bit happier? I know that one should always be happy with their life, but I have to admit things have been falling apart ever since she has deleted my number.

Thank you,
D

- I apologise if my message is long. I'm new here :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dean.p
So I met this girl in an online game (such an odd place to meet and find someone!), and she became very interested in talking to me, so I began talking to her and so forth. After a month, we both admit that it was getting awkward to talk in an online game, so we decided to chat on Whatsapp (similar to Viber). We spoke to each other on Whatsapp for almost two months, talking about stuff very funny and casual. Sometimes we talk about stuff serious (like if my day went bad or I wanted to get an opinion about something from her).

However, two weeks ago, she stopped talking to me and I asked her if she was mad at me about something I said. She said she was very busy and she didn’t had time to talk to me. So, I told her to message me when she’s free. And then last week, she told me she was now in a relationship and that her bf wanted to delete my number off her phone (which meant that we would no longer be able to talk to each other). I told her I was very happy that she is now in a relationship, but I am so depressed and frustrated by the fact that I won’t able to talk to her again, forever.

I just really like talking to her because she makes my day so much better. She is so friendly, lovable, intelligent, caring, funny and trustworthy (I have only shared my secrets to her and vice-versa). What I like about her is that she is so different to my friends that’s why I talk to her almost every night until 2 am! (we live on opposite sides of the world, which explains why I stay up late).

[Being brutally honest here] I’ve been wishing that she will come back and chat to me again because that is the only thing I want in my life right now. I do not want money, nor cars, nor clothing nor phones. I just want her to come back. I’ve been crying almost every night since she had to remove my number off her contacts. It is absolutely difficult for me to move on with having to accept the fact that she is gone forever. Whenever I listen to my favourite song, or bring up something I shared with her on Whatsapp, I always think of her and the memories I’ve had with her. Even at that moment, I feel depressed (but not at the point I want to cry). As a matter of fact, is it completely normal for a guy to cry about things like this?

Could someone please give me guidance or something to make me feel a bit happier? I know that one should always be happy with their life, but I have to admit things have been falling apart ever since she has deleted my number.

Thank you,
D

Things will get better for you. It's clear you had an emotional bond with her, however you need to be careful of being vulnerable to a someone who isn't your girlfriend. Her bf probably understood that you had feelings for her and the daily contact you have for hours , suggests a level of friendship he was probably not comfortable with.

It will get better, you will be fine. Just do what you were doing before you met her - gaming..?
Reply 2
I would have to admit things are getting better (i.e. crying less than before), but at a very slow, steadily rate. Does this suggest I had a huge "emotional bond with her"?

I really don't play games at all. It's one of those online social games on mobile devices where you just do something and it takes hours of waiting to finish (e.g. Farmville).

Thank you for the reply.

D
Original post by dean.p

Thank you,
D

Sign up to Reddit, find a subreddit for "penpals" or whatever, and you should be good to go.

There's usually something for everyone.

As for this girl, it DOES suck, but people come and go from our lives all the time. The friends you have now I guarantee will NOT be the friends you have even maybe 5 years from now.

Also people tend to distance themselves from friends when they get into relationships, most especially friends of the opposite sex.

It feels crap dude, but this is life, you can let the sense of loss consume you or you can just pick yourself up and keep going.
I've had friends, friends I properly cared about fall out of my life for various reasons but you find a way to go on. The key is to remain open to new friends, and life in general when one door closes, find a new door to open.

Best of luck!
Reply 4
Her BF sounds like a control freak and she sounds like a div.

You're best rid of them both.
Original post by dean.p

Thank you,
D

Aww im sorry for what happened. i dont really know how to make you feel better but i would say to forget her and move on. go out an find another girl to talk to. if she deleted your number just like that it shows that she did not really care about you. you deserve better than that xx
Reply 6
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Sign up to Reddit, find a subreddit for "penpals" or whatever, and you should be good to go.

There's usually something for everyone.

As for this girl, it DOES suck, but people come and go from our lives all the time. The friends you have now I guarantee will NOT be the friends you have even maybe 5 years from now.

Also people tend to distance themselves from friends when they get into relationships, most especially friends of the opposite sex.

It feels crap dude, but this is life, you can let the sense of loss consume you or you can just pick yourself up and keep going.
I've had friends, friends I properly cared about fall out of my life for various reasons but you find a way to go on. The key is to remain open to new friends, and life in general when one door closes, find a new door to open.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the Reddit suggestion! I guess I can now move on with life (provided that everything goes well with Reddit!) I just gotta get used to the layout of the forum 😞.

The thing is that my life is crammed with study and work. I am just too lazy to go outside and find myself a "social circle" to join. Finding someone on Reddit will be just as good as finding someone from online gaming 🙂. Also, like you said, I guess I can remain open to new friends and people on Reddit.

Again, thank you 🙂.
Original post by A5ko
Her BF sounds like a control freak and she sounds like a div.

You're best rid of them both.
Hahahaha 😂😂.... but some men can be overprotective with the person they love the most; and from my point of view, that is perfectly fine. As long as she loves her new bf and vice-versa, I'm very happy and I guess I will just have to move on from here.

Studentus-anonymous gave me one of the most brilliant suggestions I've ever received in life, I'll probably forget about those two in a short period of time 🙂.
Original post by candycaneland500
Aww im sorry for what happened. i dont really know how to make you feel better but i would say to forget her and move on. go out an find another girl to talk to. if she deleted your number just like that it shows that she did not really care about you. you deserve better than that xx
Thank you anyway and no worries, at least you took your time off to read what I am going through now. There were very few, subtle hints that she didn't showed genuine interest in me. Oh well, not something I should be bothered about after reading all of the replies here 🙂.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dean.p
Thank you for the Reddit suggestion! I guess I can now move on with life (provided that everything goes well with Reddit!) I just gotta get used to the layout of the forum 😞.

The thing is that my life is crammed with study and work. I am just too lazy to go outside and find myself a "social circle" to joim. Finding someone on Reddit will be just as good as finding someone from online gaming 🙂. Also, like you said, I guess I can remain open to new friends and people on Reddit.

Again, thank you 🙂.
Hahahaha 😂😂.... but some men can be overprotective with the person they love the most; and from my point of view, that is perfectly fine. As long as she loves him and vice-versa, I'm very happy and I guess I will just have to move on.

Studentus-anonymous gave me one of the most brilliant suggestions I've ever received in life, I'll probably forget about those two in a short period of time 🙂.
Thank you anyway and no worries, at least you took your time off to read what I am going through now. There were very few, subtle hints that she didn't showed genuine interest in me. Oh well, not something I should be bothered about after reading all of the replies here 🙂.

ull be fine dont worry. same thing has happened to me at least a hundred times
Sadly there isn't much you can do, her boyfriends doesn't sound too great if he is making her delete your number, not as if anything was going on. I had something similar happen the other day where my friend who is engaged and she's stopped talking to me because her boyfriend told her she had to, yet I am in a relationship myself so it just doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending