The Student Room Group

BCD at AS Level need ABB to study French and Politics...

Hey!
So my grades at AS were B in French C in English and D in Politics. I am re-taking French to turn that into an A and re-taking Politics so I can overall get a B. I got predicted A in French B in English and C in Politics. The Unis I want to apply to ask for ABB or ABC/BBB. Should I even be considering Unis with ABB requirements and do you think it is realistic for me to apply for this course considering my grades this year. Do you think I will get offers?
Please help!! Thank you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, I would say if you feel you can get ABB try it! Apply for lower unis cos of ur AS levels to maximise chances of getting offers, and then you could get in with either adjustment or clearing- , have ya done your personal statement?
Original post by crystalskies
Hey!
So my grades at AS were B in French C in English and D in Politics. I am re-taking French to turn that into an A and re-taking Politics so I can overall get a B. I got predicted A in French B in English and C in Politics. The Unis I want to apply to ask for ABB or ABC/BBB. Should I even be considering Unis with ABB requirements and do you think it is realistic for me to apply for this course considering my grades this year.
Please help!! Thank you!
Reply 2
Original post by artymaniac
Hi, I would say if you feel you can get ABB try it! Apply for lower unis cos of ur AS levels to maximise chances of getting offers, and then you could get in with either adjustment or clearing- , have ya done your personal statement?

Thanks for your reply I will also put down other unis with lower grade requirements. I have done 2 drafts of my personal statement I just need my teacher to go through it and I have booked a meeting with my referee so its taking shape.
depends, are your UMS marks borderline to the next grade? if no, are you retaking and do you have the predictions?
No probs!Good luck with applying
Thanks for your reply I will also put down other unis with lower grade requirements. I have done 2 drafts of my personal statement I just need my teacher to go through it and I have booked a meeting with my referee so its taking shape.
Reply 5
I'm retaking B in French to get it to an A and D in Politics to get it to a B/C, my teacher predicted me A in French B in English C in Politics, so one grade higher for each subject. And the C in English was close to a B so I'm not re-taking
I'm retaking B in French to get it to an A and D in Politics to get it to a B/C, my teacher predicted me A in French B in English C in Politics, so one grade higher for each subject. And the C in English was close to a B so I'm not re-taking

if that's the case then maybe it's worth applying to one or two ABB courses
Reply 7
ok thank you!!
Reply 8
Original post by artymaniac
No probs!Good luck with applying

thanks!! If you're applying good luck to you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending