The Student Room Group

Does anybody do Primary Education at Reading or Brighton?-interview help!

Hi,

I applied to do primary education at Reading, Brighton, Edge Hill, Nottingham Trent and Oxford Brookes. I have been invited to interviews at Reading for Primary Education with art and Brighton, has anybody been through the interviews and has any advice, or has/is anybody going to apply? :smile:

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck!
I'm applying this year too- Worcester, Brighton, Chichester, Kingston and Marjohns. I've got an interview to chichester so far and i'm really nervous!
Good luck! When is your interview? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by zoe_923
Good luck! When is your interview? :smile:

Thank you! November 18th, you?
Original post by carly148

I have Reading on the 18th and Brighton on the 2nd November
Hi, Good Luck!

I've not had interviews at any of those ones, I've applied for Primary Teaching with QTS at Worcester, Winchester, UWE and Oxford Brookes.

Had interviews at both Worcester and Winchester. They were both very similar- they wanted to know why I want to become a teacher; why I chose their university (at which point elaborate- talk about opportunities to work abroad and any additional qualifications they offer along side such as first aid etc.). They also ask 'what sort of teacher would you want to be?'

We also completed a little written assessment. In Worcester it was titled 'Why would you be a good teacher?' and in Winchester it was reviewing a Teaching article they had given us.

The most important thing was to look up the teaching standards as this was something they were both particularly looking for. (standards https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301107/Teachers__Standards.pdf)

On a different note- when did you send your application off? Have you heard back from Oxford Brookes as I haven't yet!:K::K:

Good luck again, hope this helps.
Reply 6
Original post by zoe_923
Hi,

I applied to do primary education at Reading, Brighton, Edge Hill, Nottingham Trent and Oxford Brookes. I have been invited to interviews at Reading for Primary Education with art and Brighton, has anybody been through the interviews and has any advice, or has/is anybody going to apply? :smile:

Thanks

Hiya, I have applied for UWE, Chester, Gloucester, Oxford Brookes and Newman. I have had 4 replies so far for interviews. I am so nervous! I have had an interview date for Oxford Brookes, have you?
Reply 7
Original post by daniela427
Hi, Good Luck!

I've not had interviews at any of those ones, I've applied for Primary Teaching with QTS at Worcester, Winchester, UWE and Oxford Brookes.

Had interviews at both Worcester and Winchester. They were both very similar- they wanted to know why I want to become a teacher; why I chose their university (at which point elaborate- talk about opportunities to work abroad and any additional qualifications they offer along side such as first aid etc.). They also ask 'what sort of teacher would you want to be?'

We also completed a little written assessment. In Worcester it was titled 'Why would you be a good teacher?' and in Winchester it was reviewing a Teaching article they had given us.

The most important thing was to look up the teaching standards as this was something they were both particularly looking for. (standards https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301107/Teachers__Standards.pdf)

On a different note- when did you send your application off? Have you heard back from Oxford Brookes as I haven't yet!:K::K:

This helped so much, have you heard back from Oxford Brookes? I have been given an interview date! So nervous!!
Reply 8
I am also applying for primary education :smile: -Greenwich, Brighton, Kingston, Northampton and Oxford Brookes ... sending off my UCAS on monday and I'm petrified and don't know what to expect... it'd be good to know what everyones interviews consisted of. What is everyone thinking of doing- living in halls or at home?

Might see you there then. Got an interview for primary education on the 18th at Chichester :smile:
I've had no interview date for Oxford Brookes and I'm beginning to panic now!!! When did they send you an email???
Original post by LaurenMRB
I am also applying for primary education :smile: -Greenwich, Brighton, Kingston, Northampton and Oxford Brookes ... sending off my UCAS on monday and I'm petrified and don't know what to expect... it'd be good to know what everyones interviews consisted of. What is everyone thinking of doing- living in halls or at home?

Definitely want to live in halls much more sociable I think and you get the full uni experience, independence etc!
I've had no interview date for Oxford Brookes and I'm beginning to panic now!!! When did they send you an email???

Don't worry, I haven't had a reply from Oxford Brookes yet either, and I sent mine off on the 30th October
Reply 13
Original post by LaurenMRB

I didn't realise how fast the interviews would come through! I have had 4 invitations for interviews already!! I'm going to live in halls :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by zoe_923
Don't worry, I haven't had a reply from Oxford Brookes yet either, and I sent mine off on the 30th October

I sent mine of around the 23ish so you should have an interview soon!
Just got an email through today with an Interview date of December 3rd!!!
Hi, Good Luck!

Ah this helps a lot! I have Worcester on the 1st December and as it's my favourite i'm so nervous!
Ah this helps a lot! I have Worcester on the 1st December and as it's my favourite i'm so nervous!

You'll be ok. Just make sure to mention Nicky Morgan and the new proposed testing for 7 year olds!!
Reply 18
Hi,I applied to Worcester, Winchester, Reading, Glouchestershire and Derby. I have got interviews for all 5 of them but I don't think im gonna go to them all. I had Worcester and Winchester interview this week. Winchester was alright apart from i had a really horrible interviewer! But Worcester was so so so lovely and it was basically just a chat and a small informal presentation in front of 4 other girls and the interviewers. I was offered an offer the next day! Worcester is my favourite so i'm not going to go to any other interviews. But don't stress too much over the interview days, the are generally quite fun and everyone tries to put you at your ease, apart from that one horrible man! They all say that obviously its a chance for them to see if they want you, but its also a chance for you to see if you want them, so they try to sell themselves as much as possible.Good Luck!
Original post by skibumm
Hi,I applied to Worcester, Winchester, Reading, Glouchestershire and Derby. I have got interviews for all 5 of them but I don't think im gonna go to them all. I had Worcester and Winchester interview this week. Winchester was alright apart from i had a really horrible interviewer! But Worcester was so so so lovely and it was basically just a chat and a small informal presentation in front of 4 other girls and the interviewers. I was offered an offer the next day! Worcester is my favourite so i'm not going to go to any other interviews. But don't stress too much over the interview days, the are generally quite fun and everyone tries to put you at your ease, apart from that one horrible man! They all say that obviously its a chance for them to see if they want you, but its also a chance for you to see if you want them, so they try to sell themselves as much as possible.Good Luck!

This made me feel so much better about the interview days- Worcester is my favourite too, but i have two interviews before that one.
Im kind of worried about the cost of going to all of these interviews! Did you have to do an oral presentation and if so, did it go well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending