illusionz' ICF blog

Scroll to see replies

. Ngu
(edited 4 years ago)
dem quads
Hockey sat

Hockey yesterday

Today after lectures

Incline bench, shoulder press and ****loads of rows.
Hockey Wednesday.

Off yesterday.

Today after lectures

Incline DB, quite a big incline
12*10
16*10
20*5
26*5
30*8,7,6,7,6
24*10,10

Bb rows
70*10
80*6,8,8,8,8
60*16,16,16. Last set few iffy reps.

Arm isolation not required.

Hockey tomorrow.
Hockey yesterday

Today:
45° incline DB
20*5
26*5
30*5,5,5,5,5,5

Rows
40*20
50*15
70*10,10,10
80*6,6,6
70*10

Single leg split squats
40*8
60*5,5,5

Cycle home.

Fitness getting a lot better recently. Cycling 8 miles a day (16 on hockey days), plus hockey 3x a week doing good things.

Hockey tomorrow
Lifted yesterday

Hockey match today

Will try and get to gym tomorrow

then hockey on monday
Original post by illusionz
Lifted yesterday

Hockey match today

Will try and get to gym tomorrow

then hockey on monday

What did you lift yesterday? Anything interesting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
What did you lift yesterday? Anything interesting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope :tongue:

I've been pretty lazy recently. I get access to two gyms with my membership. One is the one xyz and beardbrah train at which is really well equipped but a bit out of my way to get to. One is really poorly equipped (DBs up to 30 and barbells up to about 120kg but only the free foldable benches plus a few machines, but it's right next to my lectures and work. I've been being lazy and going to the close one but it means I'm not doing much interesting lifting. Not really been training legs except for some random leg press given that I'm playing hockey 3x a week minimum and cycling 8-9 miles a day. Recovery not possible if I want to be on form hockey wise. I am getting very fit though which is good. Just a shift in priorities for a season really.
Oh hi there.

Went to gym 5 minutes from home with housemates. Reasonably well equipped. Good enough anyway.

Chins 5x5

Incline DB bench (BB in use)
20x5
24x5
28x5

BB bench as soon as it was free
60x5
70x5
80x5,5,5,5

Deadlifts
60x10
100x5
140x5
160x4,3
No chalk and grip failed.

Rows
60x6
70x5,5,5,5

EZ preacher curls
bar+14x12,12,11

No time for CGBP, oh well.

Not lifted since like end of November. Not trained legs since like mid October. Not played hockey or cycled since early December. Was on study leave for a big set of exams I had early Jan and as I was at home I wasn't even cycling to work etc Hockey re started now. Cycling 10 miles a day to work which is a bit further than I was going to lectures. Gonna join this gym 5 mins from home as I'll actually go if it's nearby (as opposed to a 30 minute cycle/bus trip away). Should get fit again in no time.

Plan to eat at maintenance/slight deficit to lose some of the christmas surplus fat. Will do a 5x5 LP on the compounds for at least a couple of months.

Probably go for 80 on bench and 72.5 rows next week. Don't think I'm gonna do squats and deadlifts religiously at least until the hockey season is over.

Lunches are approx 800 calories and so I get a good chunk to play with at dinner. Todays dinner was 500g of 5% fat beef mince, jar of tomato sauce and 250g whole wheat pasta. Approx 1800 calories. Come at me. Don't expect I'll put on any weight if I stay around 2600 kcal a day whilst cycling/lifting/playing hockey.
(edited 8 years ago)
Still watching

I like how your deadlift is still pretty strong still

Good luck fatty :wink:
Trained again then went away, can't weights. Been skiing for a week. Back last night.

Squats
60*10
100*5
120 3*5

Bench
20*10
40*10
60*5
75 5*5

Rows
70*8,8,8,8,8

Superset CGBP
55*10,10,10

Curls

Home
So last week at work was horrendous. Didn't get home before midnight at all so no chance of gym. Busy all weekend with the girlfriend.

Back on the cycling to work again after last weeks nightmare in which I got tube as **** cycling at midnight...

Bench
up to 77.5 5x5

Deadlift
up to 160x3, 180x4

Rows
up tp 70x5, 75x5,5, 77.5x5,5,5

CGBP and Curls
Tired. Hungry. Just cycled home.

Bench
80*5,5,5,5,5,5
Extra set because some idiot interrupted me mid set in 5th so I made him wait a bit too get on.

Another guy came up to me at start, asked how long so I just let him work in. He declined to warm up, just tried 80kg, failed, said his shoulder hurt from it. Tried again then ran out of the gym clutching his shoulder. Bloody idiot.

Squats
60*lots
100*5. Felt ****
122.5*5,5,5
Why do squats feel so bloody horrible? Literally just make me feel **** even if weight itself isn't that hard.

Rows
60*5
70*5
77.5*5,5,5,5,5
Squats always feel terrible and horrible. That's the fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bench
Up to 82.5*5,5,5,5,5
Fine

Rows
Up to 80*5,5,5,5,5
Easy. Felt really tight and strong. No hip movement.

CGBP
52.5*10,10,10,7

Incline curls
30lbs DBs * 10,8,7

Also continuing the trend of idiots in this gym. Belted preacher curls. With one of those stupid Lonsdale velcro belts. I don't even...

...aaand a guy doing standing press. With a 10 kg plate lying flat on each hand. What's wrong with dumbbells?!?
The form in my gym is amazing

There were people doing quarter rep overhead press and some ridiculous attempts at curling. Brb weighing 60kg trying to curl 60kg
So I basically hadn't trained since my last posts here until April this year. Lost a few kg overall but got fatter in the process. Essentially I moved to a new place in London and there wasn't a gym nearby, motivation fell off etc and I stopped going. Ended up cancelling membership.

Since then I've fully qualified as a lawyer and moved to Singapore in April. Good opportunity to get back into things. Am currently playing hockey twice a week and lifting 3x a week.

Have lost a lot of strength since my peak as is to be expected but have made decent progress back. Am running a modified 5x5 with essentially only compounds (even the accessories). I'm squatting and deadlifting when I have the time/can be bothered/don't have hockey later that day. I'm aware this won't lead to optimal progress lower body wise but I'm not fussed. Not like I NEED a 500 lb deadlift again for anything in particular. Until I get hooked again...

Program is:

Workout A
Bench 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
OHP 5x5 (-2.5kg from most recent workout B weight)
Chinups, Dips and Facepulls. Aiming to progress but no set progression.

Workout B
OHP 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
Bench 5x5 (-2.5kg from most recent workout A weight)
Chins, Dips and Facepulls again.

For both workouts if I have time or feel like it I'm also doing:
5x5 Squats
1x5 deadlifts

The 5 rep exercises are standard linear progression, 2.5kg each time. Except OHP. I remember constantly stalling on this so instead for OHP I'm increasing the weight every three workouts (so every 2 weeks) and doing 8x3, 6x4 then 5x5, then increase and back to 8x3.

My upper body really lagged behind lower last time I lifted so I figured I'd up the volume for bench and OHP. So far I've felt the - 2.5kg sets I've done second each workout have been RPE 8 tops, so it's not feeling too much.

Mid April I started on 50ish for Bench and row, 30 OHP, 80 squat and 120 Deadlift.

Today's session was:
OHP 45kg x 5 5 5 5 7, up to 47.5 next session.
Rows 80 5x5
Bench 75 x 5 5 5 5 7
Assisted Chins (-13kg) 5x7
Dips BW 5x7
Facepulls 4x12

Monday I did:
Bench 77.5kg 5x5
Squat 110kg 5x5
Deadlift 150kg x 5
(others not maxes so not listed)

Program has been going well so far. Feel I've got a fair bit more of the pseudo noob gains to go. OHP in particular feeling good, I'm not sure I ever managed much more than 50kg 5x5, if I even managed that. So hopefully some genuine PRs not too far away.
(edited 4 years ago)
yoooooo!
hi babes

Quick Reply

Latest