The Student Room Group

Can I report my teacher?

So I have missed a few lessons and I'm doing a level art so I go to my 'teacher' he doesn't even deserve to be called that but I go to him to ask him what the work was as he mentioned it and he wouldn't tell me? He said I should of been in and for me to ask someone else, but he's my teacher shouldn't he tell me it really pisses me of he does this a lot to other people too and he's meant to be the "head" of the department all he does is sit on his chair playing paloma faith music all lesson, you ask him for help and h tells you to go and ask someone else, you don't do the work and he tells you off badly. Can I report him or is this allowed because it's really ruining art for me:frown: and I asked people in my class what to do and they said they didn't really know either as he didn't say it well enough but everyone's to scared to talk to the dick head. Ughhh what do I do!?
Reply 1
Original post by lilylf
So I have missed a few lessons and I'm doing a level art so I go to my 'teacher' he doesn't even deserve to be called that but I go to him to ask him what the work was as he mentioned it and he wouldn't tell me? He said I should of been in and for me to ask someone else, but he's my teacher shouldn't he tell me it really pisses me of he does this a lot to other people too and he's meant to be the "head" of the department all he does is sit on his chair playing paloma faith music all lesson, you ask him for help and h tells you to go and ask someone else, you don't do the work and he tells you off badly. Can I report him or is this allowed because it's really ruining art for me:frown: and I asked people in my class what to do and they said they didn't really know either as he didn't say it well enough but everyone's to scared to talk to the dick head. Ughhh what do I do!?

Although i didn't study art I found that the students put a lot of work in themselves during breaks. Very little can be achieved during the short space of a lesson. Just find out the work from someone else since you missed the lessons and get on with it.
Perhaps he is trying to teach you to behave like an adult?

'I missed a few lessons' .... 'he's ruining art for me'.....

No, actually YOU are the one ruining art for YOU.

It really is time to grow up and take your studies a great more seriously, and stop behaving like a nine year old.
Original post by lilylf

Yes just go to another teacher or the head and tell them you've got a concern, do you have a form group tutor you can speak to?
Also, don't get mad at this guy, if there's one thing you should know in life, it's to not have expectations of people, but obviously your work is important, so like I said do speak to another teacher that you need help
Finally, don't worry too much either, since all your classmates seem to be in the same boat as you even if they attended the lessons
Reply 4
He's just a bad teacher, we all get them. If he's not teaching you anything just do all your work at home (that's what I did for GCSE film studies).
Just remember, when you finish your A levels and get a good job, he'll still be teaching art.
Reply 5
Do you have a valid reason for missing those lessons
Reply 6
Original post by aamirac
Do you have a valid reason for missing those lessons

I was very ill
Reply 7
Getting you to ask another student is normal. He's not a bad teacher he's just teaching you to be resourceful. IT also helps the other student you ask because teaching something helps you learn it.
Reply 8
Original post by returnmigrant
Perhaps he is trying to teach you to behave like an adult?

'I missed a few lessons' .... 'he's ruining art for me'.....

No, actually YOU are the one ruining art for YOU.

It really is time to grow up and take your studies a great more seriously, and stop behaving like a nine year old.

I do take my studies seriously. And I'm sorry if wanting a teacher who will help me is acting like a nine year old but I have no idea what to do and he won't tell me because he "already explained it once" I was so ill I could barely move when I missed his lessons, I just want to get on with my work but how can I when he wont tell me what to do. I have asked my other art teacher she told me they have separate work so she doesn't know and I have asked several people in my class and all I know is that apprently we need to make a timeline I know nothing else so I'm not being a nine year old I just want to pass my subject.
At a-level the burden of effort put into education moves a LOT from the teacher to the pupil
Thats because A-levels are completely voluntary and if you ever want to leave, you can, unlike GCSEs which are compulsory.
Youll just have to deal with it tbh, some teachers care very little about A level students.
Ask your friends and even people on student room who are doing the same course as you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending