The Student Room Group

Anyone got an offer for English/English Literature??

Just sent my UCAS for English yesterday afternoon to Uni of Leeds, Uni of Birmingham, Uni of Sheffield, Uni of Liverpool and Uni of Leicester. A lot of my friends have been getting offers within 24 hours who've sent it off this month or last, but for different departments and at different universities.

Was wondering if anyone has had any offers specifically for English from any of these unis (or other unis) yet? I've received acknowledgement of application from four out of five, but no offers yet.

I'm so excited it's making me impatient!!!

Scroll to see replies

Nice choices! I applied for English at UEA(with creative writing), Southampton, Kent (English and American Literature), RHUL and Sussex a month ago. Got Kent the next day, UEA this Monday, and haven't heard from the other three. No experience of your choices though.
Reply 2
Original post by emmathereader
Nice choices! I applied for English at UEA(with creative writing), Southampton, Kent (English and American Literature), RHUL and Sussex a month ago. Got Kent the next day, UEA this Monday, and haven't heard from the other three. No experience of your choices though.

Congratulations on your offers!!
Original post by wordnerd
Congratulations on your offers!!

Thanks! I hope yours are quick - I have heard of someone with English offers from Birmingham and Leeds I think...
Reply 4
Thanks! I hope yours are quick - I have heard of someone with English offers from Birmingham and Leeds I think...

Fingers crossed. :tongue:

Do you have a favourite?
Fingers crossed. :tongue:

Do you have a favourite?

UEA! I never thought I'd get an offer for their English with Creative Writing course - it's quite competitive, and I didn't think my portfolio was good enough, so I'm chuffed to bits to have received an offer! You?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
UEA! I never thought I'd get an offer for their English with Creative Writing course - it's quite competitive, and I didn't think my portfolio was good enough, so I'm chuffed to bits to have received an offer! You?

That's so good!! Leeds or Birmingham i think
That's so good!! Leeds or Birmingham i think

My cousin is at Birmingham - not doing English though - and he is loving his time there :smile:
Reply 8
My cousin is at Birmingham - not doing English though - and he is loving his time there :smile:

Fell in love with the campus and department at the open day!
Fell in love with the campus and department at the open day!

I really hope you get your offer then!
Reply 10
I really hope you get your offer then!

Aw thank you!!

How long did it take for you to receive your first offer?
Aw thank you!!

How long did it take for you to receive your first offer?

My quickest was a day after sending my application to them, my next one took three and a half weeks :smile:
Reply 12
My quickest was a day after sending my application to them, my next one took three and a half weeks :smile:

Just got an offer from Leeds!
just got an offer from leeds!

congrats!! :smile:
Reply 14
congrats!! :smile:

Thank you! Have you had any more offers?
Thank you! Have you had any more offers?

I'm on 4/5. Still waiting for Southampton.
I applied for English at Liverpool, Chester, Edge Hill, Queen's Belfast, and Stirling. Got an offer from Chester on Monday, still waiting on the others (only sent off on Saturday evening). Are you doing Lit and Lang or just one of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm on 4/5. Still waiting for Southampton.

That's so great, well done! You'll hear soon enough I'm sure. :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by rachelthehuman
I applied for English at Liverpool, Chester, Edge Hill, Queen's Belfast, and Stirling. Got an offer from Chester on Monday, still waiting on the others (only sent off on Saturday evening). Are you doing Lit and Lang or just one of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for English Lit at Leeds, Sheffield and Liverpool, and then for English at Birmingham and Leicester (but they're still almost 100% Lit if you opt out of Lang modules).

I got an offer from Liverpool yesterday, took them exactly a week to get back to me so you should get your offer soon! :smile:
I applied for English Lit at Leeds, Sheffield and Liverpool, and then for English at Birmingham and Leicester (but they're still almost 100% Lit if you opt out of Lang modules).

I got an offer from Liverpool yesterday, took them exactly a week to get back to me so you should get your offer soon! :smile:

Ah okay, which is your favourite of the five?

Ooh, congrats :biggrin: Hopefully I will get one soon! The wait for offers is horrible, I am checking my email and Track an unhealthy amount...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending