The Student Room Group

Help - predicted grades, ucas and arhgdjfijdiosjoifsj.

In AS I didn't do as well as hoped due to family stuff and stress which started around exams.
I'm currently predicted BCC but I want to study law and I'm waiting to send UCAS off but my teacher started making me reconsider about my choices as they're too "aspirational" for me. I can get the C's to 's if I beg my teachers and use my charm.
I currently study History, Sociology and Philosophy + Ethics.
My personal statement is really good and I can talk my way out of and through but I'm not sure if that's going to help if I get no interviews for me to use this quality.
I have quite a bit of experience in the legal field which I've mentioned in my PS.
I have applied to University of Liverpool, Uni of Kent, BPP, City and Brunel.
Should I stick to them or change up a few maybe?
I also want to ideally stay in London but I'm keeping my options open!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hea1
In AS I didn't do as well as hoped due to family stuff and stress which started around exams.
I'm currently predicted BCC but I want to study law and I'm waiting to send UCAS off but my teacher started making me reconsider about my choices as they're too "aspirational" for me. I can get the C's to 's if I beg my teachers and use my charm. My personal statement is really good and I can talk my way out of and through but I'm not sure if that's going to help if I get no interviews for me to use this quality.

Which subject are you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Which subject are you applying for?

LAW
I'm doing similar subjects to you:Philosophy and ethics,Government and Politics and Sociology(i dropped history) and applying for law too :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by sarahmayy98
I'm doing similar subjects to you:Philosophy and ethics,Government and Politics and Sociology(i dropped history) and applying for law too :biggrin:

haha! They are killing me slowly! I did Law last year at AS but dropped it!
Where are you applying to?
Original post by hea1
haha! They are killing me slowly! I did Law last year at AS but dropped it!
Where are you applying to?

Me too!-Manchester,Leeds,Southampton, Cardiff and Liverpool
Reply 6

They're all really good Universities! Wish you all the best! x
Original post by hea1
They're all really good Universities! Wish you all the best! x

Thank you,you too!Message me when you get offers :biggrin:

Sorry to interrupt, but I applied to Cardiff too :smile: For Social Analytics and Politics though :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
Sorry to interrupt, but I applied to Cardiff too :smile: For Social Analytics and Politics though :smile:

Wow that course sounds interesting! Good luck.Is it your first choice?
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow thats course sounds interesting! Good luck.Is it your first choice?

It is :smile: I may or may not have already put it down as my firm :colondollar: Aberystwyth is my insurance for International Politics and Intelligence Studies.

What about you, is Cardiff your firm? :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
It is :smile: I may or may not have already put it down as my firm :colondollar: Aberystwyth is my insurance for International Politics and Intelligence Studies.

What about you, is Cardiff your firm? :smile:

Manchester is my firm/Cardiff is 3rd,it's a great place to live in!
Manchester is my firm/Cardiff is 3rd,it's a great place to live in!

Where, Cardiff? Do you live in Cardiff? I'm so jealous haha :biggrin:
Original post by hea1
LAW

I'm sorry but I m inclined to agree with your teachers to an extent, Kent is AAA so at least get rid of that choice if not reconsider the 3 highest of your choices.
Original post by hea1
I'm currently predicted BCC but I want to study law and I'm waiting to send UCAS off but my teacher started making me reconsider about my choices as they're too "aspirational" for me. I can get the C's to 's if I beg my teachers and use my charm.
I currently study History, Sociology and Philosophy + Ethics.
My personal statement is really good and I can talk my way out of and through but I'm not sure if that's going to help if I get no interviews for me to use this quality.
I have quite a bit of experience in the legal field which I've mentioned in my PS.

I think you need to have some realistic choices in there. Law at Liverpool, Brunel and City requires ABB, and you fall short of that by 3 grades. Kent is AAB, so a 4 grade shortfall. No ps can make up for not getting the minimum grade requirement. Having all of your choices above what you are predicted to get is asking for rejections. Try putting your qualifications into www.whatuni.com and seeing what comes up as being in your range.
if you really want to go to those universities, you'd be better off working hard this year and applying with ABB+ next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending