The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OwaisB
Yeah still waiting for them, haven't even had a confirmation email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm assuming they're off for the xmas/new year period. Hopefully we'll start getting some responses once January is in full swing. The wait is really killing me plus I have an interview at another place next week and have no idea what to expect from it.
Hey guys! I've applied to Keele, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Northumbria and York St John. I've been invited to interview from Keele (my interviews next Tuesday aagghhh!), Sheffield and Huddersfield. Anyone else got interviews for Keele on the 4th of Jan, Huddersfield on the 12th of Jan and Sheffield on the 13th of Jan? Is anyone else reapplying for Physio this year as well as me?! I applied last year and firmed Sheffield as my first choice but unfortunately didn't get the grades I needed so I'm back a at college resitting the bits I need to!
Original post by ksharples
Hey guys! I've applied to Keele, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Northumbria and York St John. I've been invited to interview from Keele (my interviews next Tuesday aagghhh!), Sheffield and Huddersfield. Anyone else got interviews for Keele on the 4th of Jan, Huddersfield on the 12th of Jan and Sheffield on the 13th of Jan? Is anyone else reapplying for Physio this year as well as me?! I applied last year and firmed Sheffield as my first choice but unfortunately didn't get the grades I needed so I'm back a at college resitting the bits I need to!

My Sheffield Hallam interview is the 20th. I applied to Northumbria and York St John as well but they haven't got back to me yet. Good luck for all your interviews!
Original post by ksharples

I've got Sheffield on the 13th! What's the layout of the interview like? I've been to two interviews now and they've both been to different from each other
Anyone had an interview with uclan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have one at the end of January, but I'm not sure wether to accept or not because it's my fifth choice!
Original post by 2rebecca
I have one at the end of January, but I'm not sure wether to accept or not because it's my fifth choice!

Hi,

I am in my first year at Birmingham doing physio so went through this last year. I would definitely go to the interview if I was you because it gives you experience and it's highly competitive to get onto a course so it's worth it!
Original post by sf13fordj
Hi,

I am in my first year at Birmingham doing physio so went through this last year. I would definitely go to the interview if I was you because it gives you experience and it's highly competitive to get onto a course so it's worth it!

Thank you for the advice! I understand that it would be better to go but I've to travel far as I don't live in the UK and this would mean time out of school! I'm quite confused as to what I should do. The other preferred uni's I've applied to don't require interviews except for one which I wouldn't mind travelling for?
Original post by 2rebecca
Thank you for the advice! I understand that it would be better to go but I've to travel far as I don't live in the UK and this would mean time out of school! I'm quite confused as to what I should do. The other preferred uni's I've applied to don't require interviews except for one which I wouldn't mind travelling for?

Ah okay, that makes sense! It's up to you what you do if it's going to be too far to travel but it would obviously reduce your likelihood of getting on a course somewhere if you don't interview. What are the other unis you are applying to?
Hello Physio applicants!

I was in your shoes last year when I was applying. It's a very stressful experience and I know how you're all feeling. I started at University of Birmingham in September and am now on my Christmas holidays after my first term. If anyone has any questions about Physio at Birmingham or general questions about my experience of applying at all then feel free to ask me whatever and I will try and give the best advice I can. I applied to Liverpool, Nottingham, Cardiff, Hertforshire and Birmingham and had offers from Cardiff and Birmingham and interviewed at all of them apart from Liverpool so if you have any questions about interviews as well then throw them my way

Good luck

Hi,

I have an interview with Hertfordshire on Wednesday for the physiotherapy course.

Did you have to sit the maths and literacy tests? As I'm not sure how much maths I'm going to have to cover/ revise? Like what are some of the maths topics? As maths is my weakest area.

Also you know in the group and one and one interviews what are the types of questions? Are they scenario based?

Plus I've been studying the NHS values and behaviours and professionalism for Physio on the CSP website. But just not sure how much I need to know?

Thanks for the help!

Emma
Ah okay, that makes sense! It's up to you what you do if it's going to be too far to travel but it would obviously reduce your likelihood of getting on a course somewhere if you don't interview. What are the other unis you are applying to?

GlasgowCaledonian, Robert Gordon, Ulster, Queen Margaret and then UCLAN!
Original post by charlottedoddd
I've got Sheffield on the 13th! What's the layout of the interview like? I've been to two interviews now and they've both been to different from each other

last year Sheffield had 3 stations! There was a written task, a group task and an individual interview! It was really laid back and all of the interviewers are really friendly so I wouldn't worry! Does your start at 1.30?!
Original post by cyclist2020
My Sheffield Hallam interview is the 20th. I applied to Northumbria and York St John as well but they haven't got back to me yet. Good luck for all your interviews!

I've not heard from them either! Northumbria said that they don't look at any applications until after the UCAS deadline and I think that York might be the same because I sent mine off at the start of November and not heard anything!
Hi all I'm planning on applying September also, Bournemouth as I live local. I was wondering are there many mature students applying. I'm 31 this year and feel like I'm too old to apply 😩 I'm really passionate about it and currently studying an access course to get the qualifications to apply. What work experience does everyone have? I work in a gym and I'm planning on doing sports therapy level 4 (intense course) so I can work self employed and my own hours whilst I study.
Original post by tamlou85
Hi all I'm planning on applying September also, Bournemouth as I live local. I was wondering are there many mature students applying. I'm 31 this year and feel like I'm too old to apply 😩 I'm really passionate about it and currently studying an access course to get the qualifications to apply. What work experience does everyone have? I work in a gym and I'm planning on doing sports therapy level 4 (intense course) so I can work self employed and my own hours whilst I study.

I've had a few days in a hospital and then an afternoon in a private clinic! I've found from having already gone through the process once already, the amount of work experience you have isn't really that important but if you can talk in depth about what you learnt from it in your statement and interview you'll do just fine!
Original post by tamlou85

Hi :smile:

I'm a mature applicant and I've seen a fair few others on this thread. 31 is not too old at all. I met a 32 year old first year student at one my interviews. Forget about your age and follow your ambition.
Hey, when I did the maths test it was some mental maths questions doing things like percentages and fractions and other reasonably basic things. And the literacy bit was answering a scenario about the NHS I think.

The group stage was discussing issues in the NHS and that you may encounter on the course and being able to discuss well in the group.

Just basic knowledge of values and intentions of physio should be fine i think

Let me know if you want any more help

Jennie

Thank you very much that has put my mind at ease!

What are some of the scenario examples you were given in the literacy and group tasks? I may be overthinking but just to double check that I know.

Thanks again :smile:
Hey guys.
I was in the same position as you all last year, not sure if I was going to get an offer or even an interview. I now study physio at Liverpool! If any of you need any help or have any questions let me know!
Reply 558
Hey guys, did anyone apply to KCL?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Hi :smile:

I'm a mature applicant and I've seen a fair few others on this thread. 31 is not too old at all. I met a 32 year old first year student at one my interviews. Forget about your age and follow your ambition.

Thank you, I think the term "mature" just makes me feel old 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending