The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by ksharples
Hey guys! I've applied to Keele, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Northumbria and York St John. I've been invited to interview from Keele (my interviews next Tuesday aagghhh!), Sheffield and Huddersfield. Anyone else got interviews for Keele on the 4th of Jan, Huddersfield on the 12th of Jan and Sheffield on the 13th of Jan? Is anyone else reapplying for Physio this year as well as me?! I applied last year and firmed Sheffield as my first choice but unfortunately didn't get the grades I needed so I'm back a at college resitting the bits I need to!

Hi can I ask when you applied to these unis as I haven't heard anything back from them and was wondering how long I can expect to wait to hear back?
Reply 581
Original post by spshsha1
Won't be hearing until March from MMU guys

Do you mean for offers or interviews?
Reply 582
Original post by Oliver_1_2
Rejection from University of Birmingham today, not the best start to the year:/

2 rejections
2 interviews
1 offer
1 University still to hear from

You're still doing fantastic! 2 interviews and an offer - I'd be pretty happy with that! I've also had 2 rejections, waiting for 2 and have 1 interview coming up.
Just wondering if anyone knows what level the English and maths tests are and what happens if we don't do well in them?!
Reply 584
Hey. Has anybody heard from Birmingham? I had an interview in November and was told id hear within 15 days but i haven't heard anything yet.
Original post by ENB
Has anyone had a 'group activities and group discussion' interview? Mines in 2 weeks and i have no idea how or what to prepare as it could be about anything! I don't know where to start! Some insight would be great

No one is going to tell you the questions or what you actually do due to obvious reasons. Its hard to prepare for, just go in confident and make sure you get a say but in a way in which you don't over rule other applicants
Original post by Lucytal
Just wondering if anyone knows what level the English and maths tests are and what happens if we don't do well in them?!

They are only meant to be GCSE level. Many uni's will complete these in the morning and if you don't pass you will not progress to the afternoon section of the interview. Don't worry too much as they're just to check you can read, write and do simple maths.
Reply 587
I have just also received a rejection from Liverpool for insufficient work experience! Don't see how that's true but I've got 1 offer from my top uni so that's all that matters I suppose :smile:
Anyone memorized the principles/values of the NHS? Not sure if that's a bit overkill and maybe it's better to just have a general idea?

Original post by Nika15
Do you mean for offers or interviews?

Must be for offers since a few of us on here have had interviews at MMU.
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Anyone memorized the principles/values of the NHS? Not sure if that's a bit overkill and maybe it's better to just have a general idea?

No offers at MMU until March I believe after they have interviewed everyone
Original post by Gem_R
I have just also received a rejection from Liverpool for insufficient work experience! Don't see how that's true but I've got 1 offer from my top uni so that's all that matters I suppose :smile:

Hey Gem, don't worry about that! Congrats on the offer where was that for?
No offers at MMU until March I believe after they have interviewed everyone

Thanks, good to know!
Have you got any interviews to attend this month?

Any one know the etiquette of taking notes into the interviews? I seem to get a bit of brain freeze.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hannah_002
They are only meant to be GCSE level. Many uni's will complete these in the morning and if you don't pass you will not progress to the afternoon section of the interview. Don't worry too much as they're just to check you can read, write and do simple maths.

Hi Hannah,

So have you sat any of these maths and eng exams?

As I have an interview at Hertfordshire uni tomorrow and don't know how much and what maths to revise?

I've covered some on fractions, decimals and percentages. But don't know if you need to know anything about measuring shapes e.g. volume will come up?

Thanks,

Emma
Original post by rebec1
Hi can I ask when you applied to these unis as I haven't heard anything back from them and was wondering how long I can expect to wait to hear back?

I applied in early November I think it was like the 10th! it took a couple of weeks to hear from Sheffield, Keele and Huddersfield and ive still heard nothing from York and Northumbria and don't think I will until after the deadline now!
Original post by somethingbeautiful

Hi,

I would go over the NHS values and behaviours which is 2 pages worth. Some are pretty simple to remember but I would go over some as you may be expected to apply these in scenario questions presented by the interviewer or in group discussions.

As Hertfordshire expects me to know them for the mini interviews which I have tomorrow.
Reply 595
Hey Gem, don't worry about that! Congrats on the offer where was that for?

Thanks, I'll try not too! And Brunel!
Original post by Gem_R
Hey have you heard back from the interview at Brunel? :smile:

Yeah! i got an offer. have you?
Original post by Gem_R

Hey, I got that answer last year and I did loads, I was so annoyed and was heartbroken but don't worry about it, it's their loss, I'm at Birmingham now so clearly they just have a stupid reason why they don't want people like you or I. Where's the offer from?
Reply 598
Original post by DemiKate
Yeah! i got an offer. have you?

Yeah I have! So happy!!
Reply 599
Original post by sf13fordj
Hey, I got that answer last year and I did loads, I was so annoyed and was heartbroken but don't worry about it, it's their loss, I'm at Birmingham now so clearly they just have a stupid reason why they don't want people like you or I. Where's the offer from?
Yeah that's what I was thinking!! I've seen a lot of people get rejected for the same reason which is weird! And Brunel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending