The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
I'm wondering if there's any mature students in the same boat as me..
I'm currently on an access course, but I did finish my a-levels when I was in sixth form. They weren't anywhere near high enough for physio. It was quite a few years ago and don't reflect my capabilities, but UCAS say you must declare them. With so many applicants to filter through I'm worried they will go against me..
hi ,

i am just wondering what universities in the uk are more practical than theory based in physio as i hope to apply this for next september.
and if you do this course do you enjoy it and recommend it?

many thanks

niamh
Hey, not a physio specific question here but what has everyone worn to their interviews? (I've never had a formal interview like these before) 😜
Original post by Nika15
I'm wondering if there's any mature students in the same boat as me..
I'm currently on an access course, but I did finish my a-levels when I was in sixth form. They weren't anywhere near high enough for physio. It was quite a few years ago and don't reflect my capabilities, but UCAS say you must declare them. With so many applicants to filter through I'm worried they will go against me..

Declare them anyway otherwise it could get you into a bit of trouble if you don't. They should be looking at your most recent quals as evidence of your ability anyway. I did my a levels years ago and they're not in relevant subjects and I've had 3 interviews based on my current studies and work experience. Don't worry too much, just prove yourself on your access course and be honest on the ucas form.
Original post by ItsGrace31
Hey, not a physio specific question here but what has everyone worn to their interviews? (I've never had a formal interview like these before) 😜

I pretty much went in my sixth form clothes: black skirt and jacket with a blouse. I saw a few girls in smart dresses with a jacket over the top.
You have to look smart, but be comfortable too :smile:
Can I please remind people that discussion of specific interview content is not allowed on tsr. The universities will release as much information as they want you to know beforehand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 606
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Declare them anyway otherwise it could get you into a bit of trouble if you don't. They should be looking at your most recent quals as evidence of your ability anyway. I did my a levels years ago and they're not in relevant subjects and I've had 3 interviews based on my current studies and work experience. Don't worry too much, just prove yourself on your access course and be honest on the ucas form.

Thank you, I applied in December and did declare everything of course. I just hope I get some more interviews so I can prove myself, we will see!
Original post by Nika15
Thank you, I applied in December and did declare everything of course. I just hope I get some more interviews so I can prove myself, we will see!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HanPaay
Hey. Has anybody heard from Birmingham? I had an interview in November and was told id hear within 15 days but i haven't heard anything yet.

I also had an interview in November and I've still not heard anything! Glad to know it's not just me haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 609
Heard yesterday that I was rejected from Liverpool post interview, has anyone else heard back who's had an interview there? Very disappointed!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ali43
Heard yesterday that I was rejected from Liverpool post interview, has anyone else heard back who's had an interview there? Very disappointed!

Can they provide you with feedback? I think Lpool are very selective, try not to let it dent your confidence, and good luck with your other choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just Submitted my UCAS yesterday.
I spent a year studying Medicine, am currently working full-time and have applied to MMU, Salford, Liverpool, Northumbria and Cardiff.

The nervous wait begins.. Again..
@Bcrabtree good luck with your application! I was just wondering I myself did a year of midwifery then dropped out to pursue physio - have you mentioned your year of medicine much? I put a couple of sentences about having experience with patients and motivating people in pain could help me in physio but I didn't want to dwell on it too much. Was curious as to whether people in a similar position mentioned their previous course? Thanks :smile: xxx
Original post by moonandstars
@Bcrabtree good luck with your application! I was just wondering I myself did a year of midwifery then dropped out to pursue physio - have you mentioned your year of medicine much? I put a couple of sentences about having experience with patients and motivating people in pain could help me in physio but I didn't want to dwell on it too much. Was curious as to whether people in a similar position mentioned their previous course? Thanks :smile: xxx

Hi there,
I mentioned how I already understand that there are like guidelines etc in place to protect you in practice and that I've covered topics and stuff that are applicable to Physio as well as medicine.
I mentioned about being part of societies and stuff but this was all in about one paragraph; the rest was on my experiences and stuff.
I've only just submitted mine so I'm curious to see if or what impact it will have on my application.
I'm nowhere near as nervous as I was last year but reading some of the posts on how high the standard is for some of the universities for Physio is making me a lil bit tense.
☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long from UCAS submission did people begin to hear back from their choices with rejections/interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bcrabtree
How long from UCAS submission did people begin to hear back from their choices with rejections/interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard from Keele, Sheffield and Huddersfield about 2 weeks after I sent mine off inviting me to interview. I know that my other two options, York St John and Northumbria don't look at any applications until after the UCAS deadline!
Reply 616
Original post by Bcrabtree

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it varies depending on uni's and the application itself. I applied at the beginning of December and had heard from 3 out of 5 before Christmas, still waiting on the other two and think I must be in the 'maybe' pile!
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks for the info ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

Just wondering if physio students will also have their university bursaries scrapped under the new government plans?

Is anyone going to the protest march about it in London on Saturday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending