The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here hoping to go Kent next year?
I'm really worried now coz everyone has some crazy portfolios and are like "ah i'll probably wont get anywhere", and i never even took art. Just foundation this year :/
Original post by Raimonds
Anyone here hoping to go Kent next year?
I'm really worried now coz everyone has some crazy portfolios and are like "ah i'll probably wont get anywhere", and i never even took art. Just foundation this year :/

They'll understand that you've taken a foundation though and will take that into consideration so I wouldn't worry as long as you've got some good bits and development to put in your portfolio :smile:
Original post by Jessicalw23
They'll understand that you've taken a foundation though and will take that into consideration so I wouldn't worry as long as you've got some good bits and development to put in your portfolio :smile:

I'm heavily relying on that. Otherwise it's another gap year and off to engineering school :argh: I didn't think it was going to be this heavily based on art stuff, otherwise I would have started taking art a long time ago...
Hey, has anyone gotten an offer from Bath yet?
Original post by gemyerst
Hey, has anyone gotten an offer from Bath yet?

Not yet, But I did kind of test my luck. They require A*AA and I got A*AB :unsure:
I do IB and I'm a 38 but I don't do higher maths, which I hope they won't be too concerned about :/ but its worth applying there cause they don't have clearing haha good luck :smile:
I do IB and I'm a 38 but I don't do higher maths, which I hope they won't be too concerned about :/ but its worth applying there cause they don't have clearing haha good luck :smile:

I think it should be fine!

I take SL Maths, Art, Spanish B and HL Physics, English LangLit, Geography.

They gave me an offer for 36 overall (including core), 6 in HL Physics, 6 in another HL subject, and 7 in SL Art. It's the most specific uni offer I've had so far!! :tongue:
Also, has anyone applied with actual grades? And what kind of offers have you got in that case?
Also, has anyone applied with actual grades? And what kind of offers have you got in that case?

I've applied with A* B. And resitting maths to get an A.
But I only applied earlier this month so no offers yet
Original post by hieveryonexd
I think it should be fine!

I take SL Maths, Art, Spanish B and HL Physics, English LangLit, Geography.

They gave me an offer for 36 overall (including core), 6 in HL Physics, 6 in another HL subject, and 7 in SL Art. It's the most specific uni offer I've had so far!! :tongue:

Thats so good, how long did they take to reply? is the offer the same as your predicted or lower? :smile:
Thats so good, how long did they take to reply? is the offer the same as your predicted or lower? :smile:

They took about 2 months - I applied in late Sep and got it on 25th Nov.
The overall offer is (by quite far) lower than my overall predicted, but in terms of their specific subject requirements, my predicted is equivalent or one higher.
I guess they put lots of emphasis on the subjects they like/subjects explicitly linking to architecture, and care much less about others... :P
Reply 571
Original post by zzdevzz
Unconditional from Coventry. Today just got an unconditional from Oxford Brookes :biggrin:. Conditional from Westminister. Interview on 15/01 with kingston and on 09/02 interview with UCL :biggrin:

Wow! Congrats zzdevzz! I sent my application off in Nov and received conditional offer from Manchester, NewCastle, Oxford Brookes and Kent. Right now I'm still waiting for UCL. I have posted my task back to UCL around the end of December, but still haven't heard anything back from them yet T^T How long did it take UCL to response you?
in their task e mail it said that all interviews would have taken place in dec, february and march, so I think theres plenty of time for them to answer you back, you shouldn't be worrying, congrats for your other offers guys! :smile:

I've applied with AA and I'm doing two more A-Levels this year, predicted AA again. I've got two offers so far, from Newcastle and Manchester, they're both for just one more A in any subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got conditional offers from Falmouth, Reading and LSBU all BCC, unconditional from Brookes and have an interview at CSM in Feb, anyone heard from CSM??
Reply 575
Hi everyone. I received offers from Manchester and UCA. Does anybody else receive offers from those 2? Or is anybody already studying there?
Original post by oliverch
Hi Grace, congrats on the offer. Would you mind telling me how long they took to respond after you sent your portfolio? Thanks!

Hi, it was quite quick, about 5 days :smile:
Reply 577
Thought I'd jump on the carbonmade, online portfolio bandwagon.. https://andrewcowie.carbonmade.com/
So.. I have an interview at The Bartlett on the 11th of February, and have to bring a portfolio...
Would it be a problem that I have so many paintings/drawings and not so much media stuff?
Would you recommend I produce some more 3D work?
Has anyone heard from Nottingham?
Reply 579
What have been the offers given by UCL been so far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending