The Student Room Group

How long did it take you to pass your driving test?

Scroll to see replies

I did 18 hours and passed in 5 months. Honestly i wasnt the best driver but i was passable and safe enough and considering how expensive driving lessons are and the fact id already spent almost £500 including the tests, i wasnt going to spend more money on it. Some people are just naturally better drivers than others but seriously, if you think you can pass don't go wasting money on more lessons than you need to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WoodyMKC
I spent just under a grand on the whole process including lessons and tests (passed 3rd time).

I repped you when I read your first post saying you passed within 8 weeks but then I regretted it instantly when I scrolled down and saw that your failed THREE times. Give me my rep back.

I'm planning to start driving :P. I'm hopeless at getting things like this done. :frown:
Original post by Danny McCoyne
I repped you when I read your first post saying you passed within 8 weeks but then I regretted it instantly when I scrolled down and saw that your failed THREE times. Give me my rep back.

I'm planning to start driving :P. I'm hopeless at getting things like this done. :frown:

:rofl: Didn't fail 3 times, failed 2 times, then passed the 3rd attempy :tongue: Would have passed in 4 weeks had I passed first time. ANYONE can fail a driving test, all depends on how well things go in that hour. My second test I ****ed up, nothing dangerous but fair fail; whereas the first test, I've got 3 years of experience behind me now and I still think the examiner's disgression was questionable there, as did my instructor upon explaining the scenario in detail. My instructor obviously thought I was up to standard as he didn't push me to book more lessons in between tests, just said there's nothing else he can teach me so if I did book lessons it'd just be a practice run at my own call. I had no lessons between test 2 and 3 and drove to perfection on the day, inevitably passing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Have you guys got any advise for your driving test? I've got mine coming up next week and only have 2 hours left of practice (not including hour before the test) and scared I'll forget everything and my brain will just turn to jelly! :s-smilie:
Took me around 8 months to pass and I passed second time.

The theory is the easy part just make sure you revise a lot. Hazard perception is the easier one as if you practice it a few times you know what to expect.
How much does the Theory Test change year on year? Does it matter that I'm using a 2015 app for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I was on a severe time limit, but managed to learn in 3 weeks (was not working at this time). I learned the theory with about 16h of study & mock testing over 2 days, and passed with v high test scores, so I think a week would be good for someone with a normal schedule. My instructor gave me free access to 'Theory Test Pro' online which was amazing, and I also have a 2009 edition 'Driving Test success' DVD which is pretty similar.

I took 40 hrs of practical lessons intensively (2-4h a day, with break hours/days in between) including a load of mock tests and passed first time. I think your goal is certainly achievable, I'd recommend 1-2h lessons once or twice a week, and practice will DEFINITELY help you get the physical aspect of it down so you are confident for the test. Good luck! :smile:

Gabbie95 - You know the content, so have confidence and trust yourself. :smile: What helped me was watching practical lessons and test videos on YouTube. (Users 'World Driving' and '1stdrive' are great instructors and helped me to reinforce my knowledge).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending