The Student Room Group

What do girls mean when they say they want 'a knight in shining armour'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
Liberal's a lucky guy. :grumble:

Spoiler

LMFAO :colonhash:

I'm just emotional :cry2: I don't need rescuing :redface:
Original post by drowzee
LMFAO :colonhash:

I'm just emotional :cry2: I don't need rescuing :redface:

Don't worry, emotional girls are the best*. :five:

Spoiler

Reply 22
It all gets a little iffy though if I say I want a princess locked in a tower.
Original post by Anonymous
I hear this a lot, but what do they mean by it, what does it mean for them.

It means they want a guy who will be sweet one moment, but then really indifferent and treat them crappy the next moment.

SERIOUSLY, WOMEN LOVE THIS. THEY CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF IT.

When a guy's like this, they think:

"he's not like other guys, he's so mysterious"
"why wont he love me?"
"he's kinda of an assh*le, but I will change him"

Lol @ women
Reply 24
They want to go to a medieval re-enactment.
Original post by Hydeman
Don't worry, emotional girls are the best*. :five:

Spoiler

Yes, we're better than emotionless people, but we're annoying. You don't need to lie, it's okay :lol:
Original post by drowzee
Yes, we're better than emotionless people, but we're annoying. You don't need to lie, it's okay :lol:

I suppose it can get annoying if you're emotional too often but I like to think I can take the occasional cryer. :h:
Then want a man who can put on/take off armour quickly. Only such men are adroit enough to quickly undo a bra strap in a moment of passion.
They need Sir D
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xobeauty
Who the f says that really.

I think it means they want a real man.

Yeah I'm hearing the they 'want a real man' a lot these days too, whatever that means, is it the same? different?

Some also say a 'man's man' whatever that is? A guy with muscles, a guy who's bi?

Women and their confusing sayings :s-smilie: what on earth are they talking about, it feels like they are talking gibberish or in code or something.
Original post by UWS
It means you're good at maths.

Thank god, I'm all set then :woo:
Original post by SeanFM
I s'pose it's the embodiment of all of the good qualities that a guy can have. Charm, chivalry, loyalty etc.

As well as the ability to run a man through with a sword while clad in steel plate armour, of course.
Avoid dude. Like literally run in the other direction if you hear a girl say this.
Original post by SeanFM
I s'pose it's the embodiment of all of the good qualities that a guy can have. Charm, chivalry, loyalty etc.

Or maybe that's a cross between Prince Charming and.. I'm not sure anymore. :s-smilie:

Shrek?
Original post by Dr Pesto
As well as the ability to run a man through with a sword while clad in steel plate armour, of course.

:holmes: you make a good point.

Original post by AliRizzo
Shrek?

Bingo!
It means she is still living out her childhood fantasies and is going to be bitterly disappointed because no-one will live up to the image she has created in her head and she will most definitely make it plainly clear when you also do not.

Run away very quickly and don't look back.
(edited 8 years ago)
Of course in real life knights were boorish young thugs who thought they could push people back in the village around because they had done a bit of military training. It got to the point where they basically had to be sent on the Crusades to stop them hanging about seedy taverns fighting, stealing and raping. This is the whole reason why knightly orders developed the courtly love and chivalry thing in the first place: these were people who literally needed a written code to refer to for how to act like a civilised person.

So it is a pretty accurate reflection of what women say they want and what they really want...
Original post by scrotgrot
Of course in real life knights were boorish young thugs who thought they could push people back in the village around because they had done a bit of military training. It got to the point where they basically had to be sent on the Crusades to stop them hanging about seedy taverns fighting, stealing and raping. This is the whole reason why knightly orders developed the courtly love and chivalry thing in the first place: these were people who literally needed a written code to refer to for how to act like a civilised person.

So it is a pretty accurate reflection of what women say they want and what they really want...
Ha ha. You listen to Radio 4 too!
Don't fool your knight in shining armour,
with an idiot in tin foil

life lesson#1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending