The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Private accommodation

I need help as well. I have received a conditional offer from Nottingham but since I won't know my results until August, I need to be smart and arrange my accommodation now, so I will not be left with the worst possible options at the end. Thus, I feel that my only option is to focus on private accommodation.
1) Is my perspective correct?
2) If so, where do you recommend I should stay? I am studying Law by the way. I don't know whether this makes a difference but I guess it does because I feel that in many universities there are different buildings in different distances where different lessons are taught.
Reply 1
Original post by Grigorios
I need help as well. I have received a conditional offer from Nottingham but since I won't know my results until August, I need to be smart and arrange my accommodation now, so I will not be left with the worst possible options at the end. Thus, I feel that my only option is to focus on private accommodation.
2) If so, where do you recommend I should stay? I am studying Law by the way. I don't know whether this makes a difference but I guess it does because I feel that in many universities there are different buildings in different distances where different lessons are taught.

Yes! I am in the same position as you. I wish to study Psychology at Nottingham this year but i don't really want to live in their accommodation. I looked at iQ student housing in Nottingham (its an hours walk from the uni, but a far shorter bike ride) and it's super nice! However, I am worried about when I will get my student loan throughout the year in case the rent payments are due before my loan comes through....

But yes I think its a good idea to look into private accommodation as it seems easier and nicer to sort out. Not to mention more choice and less hassle! But it depends on how financially comfortable you are.

Also, probably still can apply for accommodation at the university? But I'm not too sure... someone help us!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Grigorios

Nottingham1 is good to look at
Reply 3
Make sure you don't sign a contract before you get your results unless you have checked with them that you can cancel if you don't get your place as you may end up being liable for the rent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jenx301
Make sure you don't sign a contract before you get your results unless you have checked with them that you can cancel if you don't get your place as you may end up being liable for the rent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This too many students do this and wonder why they have to still pay there rent, same for students who drop out.
Original post by Jenx301

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is a very very good point children indeed
Reply 6
You can choose to stay in private or university accommodation, but I'm guessing most of the uni accommodations are taken by now. For private accommodation you can choose to stay in broadgate park, which is about a 13 min walk to the law building, but I've heard the wifi there is really bad.

Alternatively, you can stay close to jubilee campus: places like Nottingham 1, Raleigh Park or St Peters court. I know Nottingham 1 refunds your deposit and cancels your agreement if you don't get into Nottingham. It's a bout 10 mins walk to jubilee campus, then you catch a hopper bus to UP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending