The Student Room Group

is it okay that sleep in my underwear?

i always sleep in a pj shirt and knickers but i have always heard maybe just rumours that is not healthy to sleep with underwear, is it okay?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nothing wrong with that at all! Some people even sleep naked :redface: not a problem with that either. As long as you're comfortable, I wouldn't worry :yep:
Original post by iEthan
Nothing wrong with that at all! Some people even sleep naked :redface: not a problem with that either. As long as you're comfortable, I wouldn't worry :yep:

i just read somewhere that it is not healthy for women to sleep in underwear but that is only newspapers
Original post by amy westmoreland
i just read somewhere that it is not healthy for women to sleep in underwear but that is only newspapers

I don't think there's anything true behind this :yep: unless anyone else can prove me wrong? I think you'll be perfectly safe, honest :yep:
You'll live.
i always sleep in a vest top and knickers unless it's the wrong time of the month, never knew it wasn't considered healthy...
lol who made up these rumours? :/

no it's okay I do it too
I don't sleep with underwear on SO UNCOMFORTABLE, I hate wearing it in general too ngl
Just don't sleep with your bra on and you'll be fine
Original post by Anonymous
lol who made up these rumours? :/

no it's okay I do it too

daily mirror **** paper
Original post by alkaline.
I don't sleep with underwear on SO UNCOMFORTABLE, I hate wearing it in general too ngl
Just don't sleep with your bra on and you'll be fine

i do sleep in my bra should i not? just like my breasts to be supported
If you're a female you shouldn't wear any. It's good to let your stuff breathe as it's always cooped up during the day. You bathe and then hit the sack no panties. That's what the pros say anyway.
Original post by amy westmoreland
i do sleep in my bra should i not? just like my breasts to be supported

idk apparently not wearing one to sleep also helps ur tits grow if ur still going through puberty, and sleep is like restorative to the human body so I just have this gut instinct to be in a "natural" aka unclothed state while I replenish (yay)

if you're more comfortable wearing one, then do it, just loosen it a bit I'd say, why don't you research the issue?
Original post by alkaline.
idk apparently not wearing one to sleep also helps ur tits grow if ur still going through puberty, and sleep is like restorative to the human body so I just have this gut instinct to be in a "natural" aka unclothed state while I replenish (yay)

if you're more comfortable wearing one, then do it, just loosen it a bit I'd say, why don't you research the issue?

i am born in july 1986 so i no tennager, i just asked because there is a link to breast cancer
I like to wear a bra to bed because I feel like it will keep my boobs from drooping in the long run lol
Shouldn't be a problem, do continue to indulge :biggrin:
I think it is said that you shouldn't wear knickers to sleep as it means your lady parts don't get time to breathe and if it gets hot/moist/sweaty or whatever down there it can breed bacteria or something. I can't remember completely but it's something along those lines. Personally I don't feel it can be good to wear undies 24/7
Original post by xobeauty
I like to wear a bra to bed because I feel like it will keep my boobs from drooping in the long run lol

Ok same, does it really make a difference though ?
Original post by Anonymous
Ok same, does it really make a difference though ?

Hope so I'll let you know after kids and 55 years old
Reply 18
I usually spend every waking moment at home in my underwear so... :dontknow: Seems reasonable, if a little conservative. :colonhash:
Some studies actually say that sleeping with little or no clothing is better for your health (apparently). Don't take this as gospel and ignore everything else written in the Daily Fail, but this might have some scientific validity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3107259/Why-sleeping-NAKED-good-health-Lack-clothing-leads-better-night-s-sleep-reduces-risk-skin-infections-doctor-claims.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending