The Student Room Group

I've fallen in love with a prostitute

Scroll to see replies

Tell her, but don't try to force or beg her to quit. And don't give her an ultimatum if she admits she feels the same way about you. Otherwise it'll be over before its even begun.

Talk to her about it. All of it.
Reply 21
Original post by callum_law
Something fishy indeed.

Not that I know a lot about this scene considering I am a venerable, well-respected member of society, but there are a lot of people with good quality degrees in the biz. I cannot say why, but perhaps many feel that selling their bodies for £150p/h is more compelling a vocation than working in an office 9–5 for analogous or even inferior pay. And indeed there are many who simply have a deep love for phalli and polyamory.

£150 p/h?? Bloody hell. When you put it that way maybe theres a reason why shes still a prostitute.

Also what is phalli and polyamory?
Original post by Foys88
Also what is phalli and polyamory?

Google is your friend. Phalli basically means penis and polyamory means having sex with loads of people.
Skipping lightly over your class issues...

Original post by Anonymous
What the hell is going on this country when people like this are having to do work like this.

Have to? Or choose to? The former would be a problem, the latter is none of your business.

As someone else has said, offer most men a couple of hundred pounds an hour to have sex, and they'd jump at it.

But more importantly I really like her. I've not met someone like her before. She told me over dinner. She said she will stop but how can I believe her? Also I know we can never be serious.

If you've paid her, the chances of it ever developing into a relationship are very slim... which is what your wallet will be.

If you haven't, you would have had a chance if you weren't so judgemental. Why could you not believe her or ever be serious?
This is a bit funny, sorry. How the hell does this happen?
So she slept with you but you didn't pay her? That is just wrong
Reply 26
Original post by callum_law
What are you on about? Sounds like some soliloquy from a Bridget Jones movie.

Oh does it? I wouldn't know. I don't watch that garbage.

Pardon the imposition, though; I wouldn't want to ruin your re-runs.
Reply 27
There's nothing wrong with prostitution as such and its obvious why some women do it (funding university with a £100-200/hour tax free job, vs a £5-10/hour minimum wage job), but you would have to be pretty crazy to choose to date someone who has worked as a prostitute. She will have probably slept with 50-100 guys or more, and be completely desensitised about sex. Its also a pretty huge mark against her moral character. I mean its not even the 'prostitute' part thats relevant - its the fact that she will have slept with so many people, regardless of money. Do you really want a woman that has had literally hundreds of dicks in her?

Sleep with her if you can, but I would advise getting all thoughts of 'love' and 'relationships' out of your mind
(edited 8 years ago)
Does she shower after every guy she ****s?
now i ain't saying she a gold digger
but she ain't messin with no broke ******
Okay first things first, get to know her well enough and try to discern if you are okay if she continues with her profession( which seems to be a dire step taken out of great need), be absolutely sure of her intentions too. IF everything checks out-both of you love each other and respect each other, try getting your obvious and not misplaced fears out of the way. I you can't take it, take a measured and logical decision after discussing things with her-to end the relation should the circumstances be overbearing or let yourself do this with a free mind
Original post by poohat
There's nothing wrong with prostitution as such and its obvious why some women do it (funding university with a £100-200/hour tax free job,

Prostitution isn't a 'tax free job' - you'd have to be pretty silly to advertise and not pay taxes because HMRC actively look out for such people.

She will have probably slept with 50-100 guys or more

Oh, probably more, if she's been doing it for more than a month or so.

and be completely desensitised about sex.

There is a huge difference between commercial sex and relationship sex.

Its also a pretty huge mark against her moral character. I mean its not even the 'prostitute' part thats relevant - its the fact that she will have slept with so many people, regardless of money. Do you really want a woman that has had literally hundreds of dicks in her?

WTF not? Just how insecure do you have to be to be frightened or put off by that?
Original post by unprinted
Prostitution isn't a 'tax free job' - you'd have to be pretty silly to advertise and not pay taxes because HMRC actively look out for such people.

Oh, probably more, if she's been doing it for more than a month or so.

WTF not? Just how insecure do you have to be to be frightened or put off by that?

Looooooooooooool do you think prozzies pay tax? Their career is illegal that'd be like a drug dealer filing his tax returns 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wiseLAD
Looooooooooooool do you think prozzies pay tax? Their career is illegal that'd be like a drug dealer filing his tax returns

Prostitution isn't illegal in the UK and never has been.*

Even if it were illegal, HMRC expect you to pay tax on illegally gained income. They go after more brothels and agencies for non-payment than the police do: a tax officer friend used to sit outside brothels counting clients to compare with the number stated on tax returns.

* Soliciting in person on the street is illegal, as is owning or running (as opposed to working for) a brothel or agency. But not having sex for cash.
I don't know what to do. first of all this is alarming from a social standpoint ... She has a first class degree from a reasonable university, she's eloquent, intelligent, she's a white home county girl with posh accent ... What the hell is going on this country when people like this are having to do work like this.

But more importantly I really like her. I've not met someone like her before. She told me over dinner. She said she will stop but how can I believe her? Also I know we can never be serious.

None of that really matters though does it? Because clearly it can't buy integrity :colonhash: No she doesn't have to prostitute herself regardless of the economic climate I'm not rich, I don't have a posh accent, I'm not white (though I am at a top uni) but I would never sell my body, it could only be sold against my will.

Oh and why do you think she is going to stop? You really are dumb aren't you? That's because she wants to make you her future wage slave. You are going to be the one to upkeep her lifestyle.
Reply 35
Original post by unprinted
I highly doubt most prostitutes pay much tax. Its not even the 'prostitution' part, its being a tradesperson who gets most of their income cash-in-hand. Do you think that plumbers and taxi drivers are paying tax on 100% of their income? Of course not.

Not to me, nor to most other people I assume.

Most men value chastity in their partner. A women having slept with more than 10-20 people is a pretty big turn-off. More than 100 is just lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by poohat
(funding university with a £100-200/hour tax free job, vs a £5-10/hour minimum wage job)

You can't put a price on your body. It's far more valuable to keep your integrity and only get paid national minimum wage. I'm sorry but there are gap years, hardship funds etc. but some girls would rather spread their legs to buy handbags and go on more nights outs.
Original post by poohat
Most men value chastity in their partner. A women having slept with more than 10-20 people is a pretty big turn-off. More than 100 is just lol.

Don't generalise your feelings - presumably your 'number' is rather lower than that? - to everyone.
You can't put a price on your body. It's far more valuable to keep your integrity and only get paid national minimum wage. I'm sorry but there are gap years, hardship funds etc.

"I wouldn't, therefore anyone who does has no integrity"?

Really, who has more: someone who gets paid £200 an hour to help someone have an orgasm, or someone paid minimum wage to clean other people's toilets?

Gap years are not affordable to everyone and not everyone wants to be at the mercy of a hardship fund.
Original post by Assan
Oh does it? I wouldn't know. I don't watch that garbage.

Pardon the imposition, though; I wouldn't want to ruin your re-runs.

Listen here, kiddo, don't get annoyed with me just because you don't have the intellectual capacity to maintain anon.

Thanks for playing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending