The Student Room Group

I'm a fitness instructor and full-time student. AMA!

Pretty self-explanatory. This is your chance to ask all those things that you've been too afraid to ask your instructor.

I teach bootcamp/HIIT/circuits/aerobics/LBT style classes, often covering for Les Mills classes such as Body Balance and GRIT.

Scroll to see replies

Do you enjoy being a fitness instructor? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by kdizzle97
Do you enjoy being a fitness instructor? :smile:

I adore it. It's the best job ever! I essentially get paid to keep fit...
Would you take clients on if they PMd you?
have you ever done a Zumbathon ?

:holmes:
Do you give any sort of diet advice or are you not allowed?
What's the best range of motion for rows?
Reply 7
Original post by Angry cucumber
Would you take clients on if they PMd you?

I'm a fitness instructor, not a PT! So I teach group classes. If anyone needs any general advice or motivation I'm happy to help but I can't create a plan for you "officially"
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
have you ever done a Zumbathon ?

:holmes:

I have participated but not taught one! It was super fun.
Reply 9
Original post by WoodyMKC
Do you give any sort of diet advice or are you not allowed?

Eh technically no, despite taking a nutrition module. Saying that, I have a plant-based, unrestricted diet mainly based on carbs. I've done the whole macro thing and it just didn't work for me, I plateaud on my personal fitness journey, and I was really unhappy.

If anyone asks me about diet, I always say that diets should be about changing your lifestyle. It's not obtainable if you're just doing it for a month or whatever. Each person is different, so don't get upset if a diet doesn't work for you: being paleo made me break out and have mood swings and all that. Find something that fits you and you can maintain.
Reply 10
Original post by SmashConcept
What's the best range of motion for rows?

I'm not sure what you're asking really as there are different types (low row), and sometimes your ROM is restricted if you're on a machine or something. So... it depends? Can that be an answer?
Original post by D8238
I'm a fitness instructor, not a PT! So I teach group classes. If anyone needs any general advice or motivation I'm happy to help but I can't create a plan for you "officially"

You passed the test
How much you bench?
Reply 13
Original post by angry cucumber
you passed the test

No one told me there was gonna be a test!
Well. I'm glad I passed anyway.
Original post by D8238
I'm not sure what you're asking really as there are different types (low row), and sometimes your ROM is restricted if you're on a machine or something. So... it depends? Can that be an answer?

It's........ actually a good answer :yy:
Original post by Angry cucumber
You and foo :love:

I mean I'm just saying.. Let this girl advertise her ridiculous service. Except she passed my test too. Weird.
Reply 18
Original post by SmashConcept
It's........ actually a good answer :yy:

You sound surprised like I actually have qualifications in this...ohwait.
This is probably the most surprising one of these threads I've ever seen.

Quick Reply

Latest