The Student Room Group

I'm 17, he's 19. Is this age gap too much?

(We are both guys, not that it makes a difference)

I've just turned 17, and he turned 19 a bit before me. I'm mature for 17 if I may say so myself.
He's in first year of uni, in a city about 35mins train journey away and I'm in sixth form.

We were texting for over a week, and he came to my city to meet me. We went on a date and it went really well. He gave me butterflies and stuff, and he told me I gave him them too.
As he left to go home, he asked for another date and gave me a hug which gave me super butterflies and it felt like I was walking on air.

I can'f get him off my mind. I even get excited if I see he's messaged haha.

I'm planning on going to his city in a week or so to see him.

Are all these feelings normal?
Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Those feelings are normal, and 17-19 is nothing really! My friends dad is 63 and his mum is 43 and they're happily married lmao
Reply 2
a 2 year age gap is nothing lol. i once went out with someone who was 23 when i was 16, age doesnt bother me. also my dad is 39 and my stepmum is 29, it doesnt make a difference.
2 years is nothing. Date him boy!
(edited 8 years ago)
Standard Creepiness Rule: Don't date under ("your age" ÷ 2) + 7

So for a 19 year old the minimum is 16.5 years. You're good.
Nah don't worry, I'm 18 and my non-existent boyfriend is 89 like half the people on TSR
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
x

Reply 7

I've just turned 17, and he turned 19 a bit before me. I'm mature for 17 if I may say so myself.
He's in first year of uni, in a city about 35mins train journey away and I'm in sixth form.

We were texting for over a week, and he came to my city to meet me. We went on a date and it went really well. He gave me butterflies and stuff, and he told me I gave him them too.
As he left to go home, he asked for another date and gave me a hug which gave me super butterflies and it felt like I was walking on air.

Any advice?

That is almost bordering on paedophillia...almost
Original post by Camoron
That is almost bordering on paedophillia...almost

It's not a scale it's a hard line.
The age gap is fine, the potential problem will be the maturity and life experience gap which can become a lot bigger around that age range due to uni and starting work.

Any advice?

Oryt m8 I think its all cute but you need to chill and maybe take it slow, you're only 17, still a little kiddo in my eyes tbh. Make sure to focus on sixthform too and I think you should build a really good friendship first and then move onto a relationship. Stay safe :smile:
Its just 2 years difference. Its not a big. I think 2-3 years gap is fine.
how did you guys meet???? :-)
It's not the age difference that may present a problem, it's the stage in life you are both at. You may not think much of it now but one of you still being in college and the other at uni can become a strain on a relationship.
GO FOR IT!! :biggrin:

1/2/3 Years is nothing. Enjoy!
Dont do it, 2 years is a maaaajor age gap
youll be shunned by society
I'm 192, she's 165.. is this normal?

Spoiler

Lol not at all. XD
lol, a 2 year gap..wow.
Reply 19
Not at all!! As long as you are over 16 its perfectly fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending