The Student Room Group

Female, 23 and muslim - feel like I'll forever be single...

Twice now I've ended up being friends with muslim guys I really liked. With the second guy, I fell hard, but he just wanted to hang out, watch netflix and go out for lunch every week and just wasn't really into me.
There are many problems I'm facing right now. Firstly, I started uni this year (late I know) after realising I wanted to be a teacher. This means I'm surrounded by mostly younger guys. Also, I'm part of probably the smallest muslim ethnic group in the country, and as most prefer to marry their own race, it makes it hard. As I don't wear a hijab (cover my hair) I don't stand out as muslim. I'm also constantly told I don't look ethnically muslim.
I'm lucky to have open-minded parents, who despite fasting 5 times daily, have said they wouldn't get mad if I don't marry a muslim guy (tbh I think they'd just rather not see me die alone as they know the problem I'm facing). I do however want to find a muslim guy to marry, but I'm starting to lose hope and become depressed. I turn down non-muslim guys I find attractive, but I fear I'll be alone forever :frown:
Thanks for reading if you got this far

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You fell hard and he didn't even check if you need medical attention? Lucky escape
Arranged Marriage?
Original post by Anonymous
Twice now I've ended up being friends with muslim guys I really liked. With the second guy, I fell hard, but he just wanted to hang out, watch netflix and go out for lunch every week and just wasn't really into me.
There are many problems I'm facing right now. Firstly, I started uni this year (late I know) after realising I wanted to be a teacher. This means I'm surrounded by mostly younger guys. Also, I'm part of probably the smallest muslim ethnic group in the country, and as most prefer to marry their own race, it makes it hard. As I don't wear a hijab (cover my hair) I don't stand out as muslim. I'm also constantly told I don't look ethnically muslim.
I'm lucky to have open-minded parents, who despite fasting 5 times daily, have said they wouldn't get mad if I don't marry a muslim guy (tbh I think they'd just rather not see me die alone as they know the problem I'm facing). I do however want to find a muslim guy to marry, but I'm starting to lose hope and become depressed. I turn down non-muslim guys I find attractive, but I fear I'll be alone forever :frown:
Thanks for reading if you got this far

How can you fast 5 times daily? You mean pray 5 times?
I'm sure you'll find someone.
Original post by whorace
You fell hard and he didn't even check if you need medical attention? Lucky escape

PRSOM :rofl:
You'll find someone; just be patient, someone will come when you least expect it :smile:.
Original post by Eternalflames
PRSOM :rofl:

^^ i don't get the joke
Original post by thefatone
^^ i don't get the joke

Are you serious?
Welcome to the club OP
Reply 10
At your age you're still young I would focus on your studies you will meet someone at the right time. :smile:
You'll find someone, get your family and friends to help you out :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by The_Internet
Welcome to the club OP

I've joined this society but I still can't get laid. Is there something wrong with me?
Are you serious?

dead serious
Original post by whorace
I've joined this society but I still can't get laid. Is there something wrong with me?

^ I think that's the whole point of this society :biggrin:
Maybe start wearing the hijab? You will attract the good kind of Muslim who will respect you for who you are rather than attracting men who are the non serious type. If you sincerely improve your relationship with God then he will not leaving you lacking anything. That includes finding the righteous spouse.
dead serious

She wrote 'I fell hard' (in love) in her OP, so whorace made a joke about her falling down and the guy not caring
youd probably have access to better guys if you widened your search to beyond just muslim men
She wrote 'I fell hard' (in love) in her OP, so whorace made a joke about her falling down and the guy not caring

not that bit xD the PRSOM bit
^^ don't understand what this means
not that bit xD the PRSOM bit
^^ don't understand what this means

Please Rate Some Other Members = PRSOM, you get that when you've repped another member a lot, and this guy has been making jokes all night

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending