The Student Room Group

Confused about university conditional offer

I have applied to 3 universities this year before the UCAS deadline. The one university that got back to me gave me a conditional offer UCAS letter on their website stating " this offer is subject to you obtaining overall pass in your level 2 numeracy". Right now I am currently doing only NCFE maths award level 1 and the college currently is not doing level 2 at the moment. I especially put on the UCAS application website level 1 maths since it my highest qualification in the maths side. I don't know what to really do because they gave me conditional offer on something I am not currently doing and no colleges are not enrolling for maths level 2 till September.
Reply 1
You have to contact them directly by email or phone them. It's quite possible they've misunderstood your subjects/grades, or you simply did something wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by Impressive
You have to contact them directly by email or phone them. It's quite possible they've misunderstood your subjects/grades, or you simply did something wrong.

@Impressive you are totally right about calling or emailing the university but i have been a bit of pest towards the university that i have applied to because on 2 occasions in the past 2 weeks I have been calling them about the my application. First time they where currently looking at my application they said they will want proof from me for maths course i am currently doing and the one i did in the past and they send me email address so can send them the confirmation.

Second time around when i call them back it was different story whoever i spoke to on the phone i told them my maths qualification and the one i am currently doing and they said they will pass it on the higher admissions of the course i am doing they will make decisions that when i got my offer but what bothering me is that i have made very clear on the UCAS my qualifications even the college check it before it was sent off. I am bit afraid to call them again
Reply 3
Original post by venz_93
@Impressive you are totally right about calling or emailing the university but i have been a bit of pest towards the university that i have applied to because on 2 occasions in the past 2 weeks I have been calling them about the my application. First time they where currently looking at my application they said they will want proof from me for maths course i am currently doing and the one i did in the past and they send me email address so can send them the confirmation.

Second time around when i call them back it was different story whoever i spoke to on the phone i told them my maths qualification and the one i am currently doing and they said they will pass it on the higher admissions of the course i am doing they will make decisions that when i got my offer but what bothering me is that i have made very clear on the UCAS my qualifications even the college check it before it was sent off. I am bit afraid to call them again

In this case, detailed email message would be better choice. Do it today and just wait for reply because if you're going to phone them again there is high chance someone else will pop up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by venz_93

You need to email them for clarification- don't worry about being a pain, they're the ones who have made a mistake. Email is best, as then you have something in writing should any problems arise in the future. They've also asked you to email them confirmation, which it doesn't look like you've done yet- so you could email them this along with your questions about the offer.

However, the majority of unis require a level 2 maths qualification for all courses, and this usually is a "hard" requirement without flexibility. It may be that the uni expects you to find some way of achieving the qualification before September, or they may have just made a mistake.

Either way, contacting the uni is the only way you will get an answer, so you need to do that ASAP.
Reply 5
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
You need to email them for clarification- don't worry about being a pain, they're the ones who have made a mistake. Email is best, as then you have something in writing should any problems arise in the future. They've also asked you to email them confirmation, which it doesn't look like you've done yet- so you could email them this along with your questions about the offer.

However, the majority of unis require a level 2 maths qualification for all courses, and this usually is a "hard" requirement without flexibility. It may be that the uni expects you to find some way of achieving the qualification before September, or they may have just made a mistake.

Either way, contacting the uni is the only way you will get an answer, so you need to do that ASAP.

@SlowlorisIncognito I have spoken to the university today they indeed want the level 2 maths no matter what. the second part of what you said is true but what they said to me personally which is not all bad that I don't have to do GCSE or functional skills since not time on my hands can just do level 2 maths award they will accept it.
Original post by venz_93
@SlowlorisIncognito I have spoken to the university today they indeed want the level 2 maths no matter what. the second part of what you said is true but what they said to me personally which is not all bad that I don't have to do GCSE or functional skills since not time on my hands can just do level 2 maths award they will accept it.

I'm glad you got to speak to someone at the uni ASAP. I'm not sure how the level 2 maths award works- is it something you can sit as a private candidate before September? If so, that's probably not a bad outcome and hopefully you are able to pass and achieve your offer.

Good Luck :h:
you can do a level 2 qualification online which will help you get the qualification before September if they'll accept it? ive seen some for around £40-100 which is a lot if youre a student but im sure your parents would lend you the money and you could pay them back out of your student loan from getting into uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending